Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy sitting fostered puppy...

ashtoreth
February 5th, 2009, 02:01 PM
So,

I'm the official puppy sitter of a lot of my friends, one of them in particular. I don't mind, it gets me experience and I love doing it. Now however, it's fostering a dog for her, that she's supposed to foster. Now she's 10 weeks old and cries so much when my friend is gone that her landlord is demanding that she gets rid of the pup.

So basically I have the unofficial job to show the pup it's not the end of the world if someone leaves for 1 or 2 hours, that the person will come back. A big part of me is screaming at my friend for that, she's the foster shes responsible for the dog and now I'm the one who has to do all the work... Don't get me wrong I -love- puppies and training them and everything. But I feel for the little creature, she wants me to take care of her from Saturday to Friday next week, and then, in two weeks, another whole week. Which I'm not happy about since the dog will be moved around and around, so stressful, so I'm trying to find away to foster her my self with the rescue to at least minimize the stress for the poor girl.

I'm not worried about Titus, he's great with pups...

but yes, if anyone knows who might want a LabXGolden, who's just adorable, pics to come soon. you can contact me I'll reach the rescue. I'm going to try my best to make her relax when someone is leaving in the meanwhile so the family who will adopt her wont have too.

mona_b
February 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
If your friend opted to foster, but wants you to take care of the pup here and there, does the rescue know about this?

I'm sorry, but this pup should not be made to go back and forth like a yoyo...This is not what fostering is about...;)

My suggestion, have her take the pup back so they can find a foster who can deal with the pups crying..I think a house would be better.....Puppies cry..Especially when in a new enviroment and taken away from sibblings.

Just my :2cents:......:)

ashtoreth
February 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Yea I know

we agreed I would take her until we find someone, I dont know if she told the rescue yet, but yea, the rescue knows I'm going to take care of her well and I already sent a few people to fill paperworks to adopt her (whom I know are good people)

Honestly the pup can cry as much as she wants in our place, it wont bother me and the neighbor are always gone.

I'm just sad for the little pup. But at least, i'm the last stop until she finds a good home I'm not going to let her move unless its a real family to call her own :)

edit - oh, and tones of pictures when I have her ;)

mona_b
February 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm glad to hear.:)

Pup doesn't need anymore stress.;)

ashtoreth
February 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
yea shes going to be well loved :)