Finally Spay Central is open for business :crazy:

Cats - Males and Females......$50.00

Dogs - Males.....$60.00 - Females.....$80.00

Tel # - 905-898-6112

VACCINATIONS:

Rabies.......................$10.00

Annual vaccines..........$10.00

Michrochipping............$15.00

Vaccines will only be administered to animals at the clinic in conjunction with S/N.

I called the clinic to get an answer to Chico's query - it is NOT mandatory for animals to be upto date with current vaccines.

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
:thumbs up Thanks so much for the info Hilda Ogden! :D It is very much needed!!!!

Chris21711
February 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
:thumbs up Thanks so much for the info Hilda Ogden! :D It is very much needed!!!!

You are very welcome 14k, Ethel just called to tell me, so I logged back on. Now to call my farmer neighbour next door, he is going to take in his 7 barn cats :thumbs up

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Yay!!! You got him talked into it? Fantastic! :highfive: to you!!

Love4himies
February 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM
WAHOO! Thanks for letting us know.

shirley1011
February 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Chris is there an area restriction....like do you need to live in GTA to use this service...I have a cousin in Brampton who keeps finding stray cats 5 so far and she has had two done since Nov. but at $225.00 a pop she says she can't afford the last one for a bit.

babysweet
February 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
That is WONDERFUL news! :thumbs up

I have the same question though... are their regional requirements, etc?

angeldogs
February 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM
That is WONDERFUL news! :thumbs up

I have the same question though... are their regional requirements, etc?

That is great news.
i was wondering the samething as Ginger needs to be spaded.

clm
February 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
It is wonderful news. :thumbs up

cindy

chico2
February 5th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Chris,finally,that's just great:thumbs up
I am sure it will be a great help and with time,cut down on all the unwanted stray kitties:thumbs up

krdahmer
February 5th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Wow that is awesome! :thumbs up

Mat&Murph
February 5th, 2009, 06:07 PM
That is soooo aswome!!! Mybe we will see less strays or abandon furbabies at the shelters!!!! Thanks Chris for letting us know

Chris21711
February 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
There are NO area restrictions. My daughter said last night that they are also offering vaccinations for $10.00, she wasn't sure which ones in particular but is going to find out today.

I will call them later to find out as much info as possible (I did already, but I think I was too early and reached a recording).

Here is the link for Spay Central, it says to open in March but it is open now. http://www.spaycentral.com/en/

For anyone not familiar with Newmarket, it is easy to reach using the 400 series highways and has a huge mall and box stores coming out of their ying yang :sad:

Most importantly they have about a dozen TIMMIES :D

Dekka
February 6th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Thats such great news. This will make it so much easier on rescues!!! So many adopt dogs for way less than vaccines and s/ning costs.

Chris21711
February 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I tried calling again when I lost my connection, no go, so I sent them an email which they responded to stating that:

"they are receiving a large number of calls and to leave name and number, it may take 24 hours to return the call, but that they will get back to you"

Chris21711
February 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm just bumping this up so that any new members to the forum can spread the word :D

becmonchu
February 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
This is great news! Thanks for the information.
Can those who have gone please post their experience?

chico2
February 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Luba told me any cat/dog has to be up to date with their vaccines,before they can be s/n,which might make it difficult if you bring in a stray.
But then again,you'd probably had him/her at a regular vet already:confused:

Chris21711
February 11th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Luba told me any cat/dog has to be up to date with their vaccines,before they can be s/n,which might make it difficult if you bring in a stray.
But then again,you'd probably had him/her at a regular vet already:confused:

I called the clinic Chico and they said that it is not mandatory, I have amended my original post.

I was told that even though it is advisable, they realize that with Stray/Feral populations it is highly unlikely. That clients would be advised of the potential risks involved if an animal is not already vaccinated.

chico2
February 11th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Chris,that's great,thank you!!
I'll let Luba know..

totallyhip
February 11th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Wow those prices are awesome! Good way to promote responsible pet ownership:thumbs up

Chris21711
February 18th, 2009, 12:50 PM
This is the last bump promise :D

Another link from the SPCA site: http://www.spayneuter.ontariospca.ca/about_us.html

UPDATED FEES FOR VACCINES

Feline - Rabies (3 year)..............$10.00
Feline - Leuk............................$15.00
Feline - Distemper.....................$10.00
Canine- Rabies (3 year).............$10.00
Canine- Distemper/Parvo............$10.00
Canine- Kennel Cough................$10.00

Winston
February 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
This is awesome news! I have donated so many times for this and was really hoping someday it would come true! I recall Petsmart was going to anty up 1/2 the cost and then donations for the rest...not sure if this is the same location but it doesnt matter! what a great way to promote this issue!

Way to go!! Lets see how this helps the overpopulation of animals!!

I was wondering if Marko could make this a link somewhere on the site? I think its a great way help people in need.

Cindy

Chris21711
March 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Just thought I would give this a bump, a much needed service imo.

happycats
March 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM
WOOOO HOOOO this is great news!!!

Now there is NO EXCUSE not to have your pets fixed!!

Chris21711
March 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM
WOOOO HOOOO this is great news!!!

Now there is NO EXCUSE not to have your pets fixed!!

You are right Happycats, spread the news :D

Marty11
March 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Finally.............maybe there will be less strays.

happycats
March 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
and here is a very cheap pet vaccination clinic in Scarborough.
Its walk in, quick and cheap.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Scarborough/Animal-Vaccination-Service/2090936.html?adid=01402800

now there is no reason not to fix and vaccinate your pets!!

because there are no more excuses they should now make it manditory to have your pet fixed unless your are a licensed breeder!

Chris21711
May 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I just thought that this deserved a bump for any new members to the forum.

:confused: I saw that bemonchu deleted their post telling of their experience with the clinic, I remember reading it at the time and it was very positive...hmmmm

keljai
October 20th, 2009, 08:04 PM
websites down.. wonder if their out of service

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 09:29 PM
This great!! I am so glad that this will cut down the numbers of unwanted animals.

Debbie

Chris21711
January 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I am just bumping this up for the sake of any new members who are not aware of the clinic.

Be warned that there is a lengthy waiting list.....so if you are thinking of getting a new kitten S/N in a few months time BOOK NOW.

http://www.spayneuter.ontariospca.ca/

kashtin's kin
January 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Although there are vets that don't charge much over $50 for s/n (like mine:lovestruck:), they are not easy to find. It's so great to have a large clinic devoted mainly to s/n, and without 'restrictions' (income/area/prior vacs) :thumbs up.

Hopefully the waiting lists at Spay Central, in addition to their no doubt impressive stats re: s/n, will convince some 'people with power' to get on the bandwagon (municipal elections this fall!!)...or we small people can keep banding together :rolleyes:.

Here's to low cost s/n clinics becoming as ubiquitous as...McDonald's et al.

tamayal
January 21st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Kashtin do you have the numbers of some of these vets?

You would think a low income clinc advertised as helping Torontonians would be in Toronto. I can't go there because I don't drive. Newmarket is not Toronto. Most people who needs this won't be able to get there. Now there is a waiting list?

The other site is still out of service.
the one for Toronto Animal services is.
http://www.toronto.ca/animal_services/index.htm

The cheap vaccination clinc is right across the street form Kennedy station.

leeah
February 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Has any of your pets have Rabie/shots/microchips at OSPCA recently?

does the prices remind the same?

Do I need to book an appointment?

thanks
Alice

leeah
February 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi,

since OSPCA offer low-cost pet shots, do they offer annual pet health check?

thanks
Alice

Chris21711
February 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Has any of your pets have Rabie/shots/microchips at OSPCA recently?

does the prices remind the same?

Do I need to book an appointment?

thanks
Alice

An appointment is needed and the waiting list is lengthy.

Hi,

since OSPCA offer low-cost pet shots, do they offer annual pet health check?

thanks
Alice

No, strictly S/N and the shots mentioned above.

leeah
February 22nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
An appointment is needed and the waiting list is lengthy.

No, strictly S/N and the shots mentioned above.

Hi, are the prices tax included? how lengthy is they waiting list?
I got my dog from pet shop. Would they still provide services to dogs which were adopted from OSPCA?
thanks
Alice

Chris21711
February 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi, are the prices tax included? how lengthy is they waiting list?
I got my dog from pet shop. Would they still provide services to dogs which were adopted from OSPCA?
thanks
Alice

I don't know if taxes are included or not....As I said previously the waiting list is lengthy.....they will s/n any animal regardless of where they came from.

Here is the S/N website: http://www.spayneuter.ontariospca.ca/

leeah
February 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
and here is a very cheap pet vaccination clinic in Scarborough.
Its walk in, quick and cheap.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Scarborough/Animal-Vaccination-Service/2090936.html?adid=01402800

now there is no reason not to fix and vaccinate your pets!!

because there are no more excuses they should now make it manditory to have your pet fixed unless your are a licensed breeder!

Hi,
do you have their price list?
thanks
Alice

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2010, 07:58 PM
how lengthy is they waiting list?

Like currently 12-16 weeks to get a return call lengthy.. and who knows how long beyond that for an appointment.

I'm glad there is so much interest. It should cut down on the unwanted pet population. Sadly there need to be more places like it as the wait is so long that people who should get pets altered may not.

Chris21711
March 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
From what I understand Toronto Animal Services perform cheaper S/N services....Also the OSPCA in Barrie have a S/N clinic.

Chris21711
October 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'm bumping this thread up for any new members that are unaware of it's existence.

The Barrie branch of the OSPCA also has a spay/neuter clinic.

BenMax
October 21st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Great call Chris.:thumbs up

Bella's Family
October 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Just a note for anyone who is following this thread - or who finds it in a search like I did: just had our female chocolate lab spayed at the OSPCA clinic in Barrie this past Thursday. They did an absolutely EXCELLENT job - very caring and extremely organized. We've had absolutely no complications whatsoever. Downside: long wait times - currently an 8 month wait list for female dogs (Newmarket is no longer taking them) and five months for male dogs and all cats. I have to say, though, that we were so impressed with the level of care and professionalism that, in spite of the long waits, I've already called to make an appointment for our new puppy - and we won't even have her until sometime mid-November!

CURRENT FEES (as of Oct 2010)

$110 - large female dog spay
$ 15 - microchip
$ 10 - rabies vaccine (3 yrs)
$ 10 - Meloxicam/Derapen/DA2PPv vaccine(s)
$ -0 - nail trim
$ 15 - eCollar (optional if you have your own, but you'll pay at least $25-35 at local pet stores)

Masha
October 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I just had my cat spayed at the newmarket location on Friday. So far so good. i do agree that the incision looked very clean and neat. The only downside is that when I took my girl home she looked soo out of it. In the past when I picked up cats/dogs from such procedures they were almost fully awake and functioning, maybe a little disoriented but that it. This time my girl was so out of it it looked like she jsut woke up 10 minutes ago.... not sure if thats normal or not. But otherwise i was very happy with the staff. they were very helpful, answered all the questions and everything was very organized.

Chris21711
October 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I just had my cat spayed at the newmarket location on Friday. So far so good. i do agree that the incision looked very clean and neat. The only downside is that when I took my girl home she looked soo out of it. In the past when I picked up cats/dogs from such procedures they were almost fully awake and functioning, maybe a little disoriented but that it. This time my girl was so out of it it looked like she jsut woke up 10 minutes ago.... not sure if thats normal or not. But otherwise i was very happy with the staff. they were very helpful, answered all the questions and everything was very organized.

I guess that would depend on what time she was spayed Masha.

Regarding Bella's Family statement that Newmarket is not taking female dogs.....I'll get Ethel to check it out.