Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

If they can only cook me a meal!

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Charlotte and Lola on the kitchen counter...I know, seems strange, but that's were I feed them, out of reach for the dog!

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Oh my!! Nothing strange in feeding them there at all! So cute!!!!

I just have to say - LOVE your kitchen!!!

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ouf...I'm glad someone thinks it's ok to feed them on the counter...The kitchen, thank you, it's 250 years old, they use to put the animals there for warmth, right beside the kitchen is another room with a functional well...imagine that... well in a house:shrug:

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
How neat! Do you still use the well on occasion? I guess they had it there so the wife didn't have to go out in the cold in the winter? Does the stone keep it fairly warm in the winter? Sorry for all the questions.

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
No problem with questions, I too love stories about old homes, we do not use the well, as for the stoned walls, it is in fact a very good isolation..we spend most of the winter in that room...

You could see the well which is covered with a board to prevent the cats from falling in. The old door is covered now with some shelving.

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I was wondering if pictures of an animal museum is permitted, in one of the rooms the owners were hunters...we were stunned when we walked in and saw the africans animals...can I post or maybe some of you may be upset by this?

BenMax
February 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Your home is GORGEOUS! :offtopic:

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Oh wow!! Gorgeous!! Love the well. What a fantastic home! How neat!!
Sorry I was so long getting back. I got called away from comp. :frustrated:

As for the museum........ I don't think it's a great idea to post pics here. I know some members would be offended. Maybe if you have a facebook page you could post them there and then just put a link here? :shrug:

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Please do not think one second that we approve this museum, the agent an ourselves had a very hard time swallowing during the visit of the house...We were in shock...thank goodness the place was emptied a few weeks after we moved in...they sold the animals on ebay...and made a fortune:sad:
I'm sorry If I offended anyone. my intention was only to show on cruel hunters can be.

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not offended. I know times have changed a lot since those days.
They used to used embalming fluid in taxidermy. I think they use something else now. It can give off fumes which are not healthy for breathing. Probably a good thing to get them out of the house.
We have a couple of geese my hubby's BIL had done years ago hiding in a closet. I will not have them out in the open. :sad:

cpietra16
February 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Coco. i said that I would be coming to see if i can bring the stray cats to your barn. i will be coming this weekend and do not be frightened if you see me come out of the car with my 3 suitcases....:D:laughing:

just kidding....you have a great home...totally jealous

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
wow beautiful home i love it and the kitties so pretty the calico looks my kitten zoey that we lost :rip:

Dog Dancer
February 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Wow what a beautiful home. You actually do have a well right in the house! When I had my kitties they ate on the kitchen table, but were not supposed to get onto the counters (although I know they used to go there once in a while). My younger one stopped prowling the stove top after licking chili spice off the rim of the pot! Stopped her cold (or hot??) Like you, feeding them on the table kept the food mostly out of range of the dogs.

Love4himies
February 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
What a cool house and kitties inside make it even better :cloud9:! You and Chris need to start posting some pics of your homes, not fair you get to keep them all to yourselves.

Love4himies
February 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I was wondering if pictures of an animal museum is permitted, in one of the rooms the owners were hunters...we were stunned when we walked in and saw the africans animals...can I post or maybe some of you may be upset by this?

Oh wow!! Gorgeous!! Love the well. What a fantastic home! How neat!!
Sorry I was so long getting back. I got called away from comp. :frustrated:

As for the museum........ I don't think it's a great idea to post pics here. I know some members would be offended. Maybe if you have a facebook page you could post them there and then just put a link here? :shrug:

Great idea, then if people want to see them, they can go onto Facebook.

COCO350
February 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Cpietra, dont be surprise if I come out of the house with my suitcase, I could certainly use a couple days in the city. ahhh having my nails done, a facial, putting on perfume, some make-up perhaps, oh and a dress:laughing:

Joking of course, I would miss smelling like a horse, really!

allymack
February 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
pretty little kitties, i havebeen known to feed my cat on the counter too, untill i moved the dish upsatirs where the dog isnt allowed.

your house is absolutely GORGEOUS!!:cloud9::thumbs up

chico2
February 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh WOW,what a great kitchen and the rest of the house,you are very lycky to live there.:thumbs up
Don't worry about cats on the counter,my cats go wherever they want:laughing:

luckypenny
February 5th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Coco. i said that I would be coming to see if i can bring the stray cats to your barn. i will be coming this weekend and do not be frightened if you see me come out of the car with my 3 suitcases....:D:laughing:

I'll be joining the caravan :D. I find it incredibly fascinating to be surrounded by so much history. They don't build houses like that anymore, that's for sure. I'd trade perfume for horse dung any time :cloud9: :laughing:.

Charlotte and Lola are beautiful :lovestruck:. You have to post more pics of them.

angeldogs
February 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Your house is beautiful.i love old houses.i would feed the kitties up there too when there is a dog(s) around.