Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Man's Cat Saves Him From Parkdale Blaze

Diamondsmum
February 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Wednesday February 4, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff
Residents of a street in Parkdale have a cat to thank for their lives after a fire broke out in a semi-detached house overnight.

The blaze began at about 4am Wednesday in the Spencer Ave. home near King and Dufferin Sts. and quickly spread to a neighbouring residence. A man called 9-1-1 after his beloved pet woke him up.

"My cat jumped on the bed, believe it or not, and woke me up," Rob noted. "I smelled a bit of smoke, looked outside and a burst of flame came flying from the window next door on the second floor. I grabbed my roommates and said, 'Fire! Fire!' Yelled it, called 9-1-1."

Nearby buildings were also evacuated. Residents and their pets were sheltered in a nearby apartment lobby as fire crews made quick work of the blaze.

Fortunately no one was injured. There's no word yet on what sparked the flames

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_31812.aspx

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
yay for that wonderful kitty he probably save lives :thumbs up