Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run's very own Lady (in Waiting) Ridge

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Ridge is a riddle. She loves her Pack, her home here at Hazel Run, and smooshing the other dogs,
but she growls at the others if she's sleeping alone and someone approaches her.
She dislikes being the butt of play, but she loves sneaking in from behind and scruffing her Packmates.
She runs like the wind if she wants to, but would rather sit in the sun and bask.

She is working toward being a lady, but hasn't grown out of her puppy antics
even though she's five now.
And so, instead of being a lady, she's still our lady (in waiting)...

Ridge sports an even better mohawk than the Sheriff:

And she loves sitting on the deck in the sun watching the world go by:

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
It's not uncommon to catch Ridge napping in the sun like an old soul...
47774 47775
and sometimes we get the impression that that's exactly what she is, an old soul jaded in the ways of the world.

But when she opens those beautiful eyes you can see the wisdom she's gathered over her previous lives.

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM
Sitting on the deck sunning and whatching the world go by can be a good thing.i like to do that every now and then.
Love the close up eye shot.

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
She sleeps hard when she's tired; plays hard when she's feeling :evil:-ish; and loves to call the shots.
So although she growls when someone approaches her bed, she's perfectly fine with crawling in on top of someone else...

47779 47778

Why does she do that? :shrug:
It's just another part of the riddle that is Lady (in Waiting) Ridge. :dog:

:D

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Sitting on the deck sunning and whatching the world go by can be a good thing.i like to do that every now and then.
Love the close up eye shot.
She's such an odd duck, though. She seems almost lethargic most of the time, then a tussle will start and she's right in the thick of things helping to pick on the 'popular one'. Two minutes later, she's back up on the deck, falling asleep in the sun :laughing:

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM
She's such an odd duck, though. She seems almost lethargic most of the time, then a tussle will start and she's right in the thick of things helping to pick on the 'popular one'. Two minutes later, she's back up on the deck, falling asleep in the sun :laughing:

Well you know the Lady In Waiting has her priorities straight the way she likes them.

14+kitties
February 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
:laughing: She knows when to get involved to set everyone straight and when to sit back and watch! When she's growling she is probably telling the rest she is not ready to receive an audience. :cloud9: She is beautiful!

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Actually, I think she's growling because she's paranoid. Sometimes the Princess-Queen wants Ridge's spot on the couch--she stands right in front of Ridge and stares at her, willing her to be gone off the Royal Throne. And Ridge does...she grumbles and leaves her spot to Her Majesty.

So every time someone comes over, Ridge figures they're after her spot. :rolleyes: And she usually ends up getting up to give it to them, even when it's the furthest thing from their mind! :laughing: Cass has her well-trained. :o

Frenchy
February 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM
ahhh I love the cuddling pics :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
Although she'll sleep alone if she must, she much prefers the comfort of a warm body to lie on. The rest of the Pack is less than thrilled with the arrangement, but usually tolerant :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
All the cuddle pics are so sweet :cloud9: Ahhhh nap in the sunshine :sleepy::cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM
I just can't understand how she can fall asleep on the deck sitting up when it's -10 F out there! :eek: Sun or no sun....that's just tooooo freakin' coooooollllllddddd!!!!

Dog Dancer
February 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
She's gorgeous of course. It's amazing how warm a direct sunbeam can be!

krdahmer
February 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Ohhhh doggie snuggles!!!:cloud9: Such a purdy little lady! I love the sun basking... did some myself today, I totally get it!! :D:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
But at -22 C, with a wind?!? I kid you not!!! It was freakin' cold that day! :eek:

I'm thinking that crest of hers is some sort of heat-gathering mutation--which is why she had it up, gathering solar energy that morning! :laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
February 2nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Ohh Ridge is another face I would love to "squishy squishy", what a beaut she is!:lovestruck:
I love the mohawk, and her coloring is so very pretty:cloud9:

allymack
February 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Lady (in waiting) ridge is just gorgeous, i love her coloring, shes looks quite smooshable, i tihnk your whole pack is though :cloud9::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks, ladies. I've passed on your compliments to Ridge who accepted them humbly and then, in true Ridgy form, grunted and turned over for another nap. :laughing: She's such a laid-back girl...mostly :D

Chris21711
February 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Envision me at 3 am this morning...Cocoa wanted out, I get up and do my duty....come back to bed and lay their trying to remember all of the packs' names......get to 7 :confused:..go through them again, get to 7 :frustrated: It was you Ridge, you was the one that kept me awake half of the night :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Ooooo...good thing I put the thread up last night, then! :laughing:

Chris21711
February 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Ooooo...good thing I put the thread up last night, then! :laughing:

Would have been even better if I had have noticed it before I logged off yesterday evening, between Ridge and Cocoa they kept me from snoozing :laughing:

Ford Girl
February 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Awww she is stunning, I love her eyes. So cute Hazel.

Is this 5 down 2 to go?

Dee-O-Gee
February 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hazel----you're killing me!! :crazy: with :lovestruck:
Every picture I've seen of the pack makes me more and more interested in the breed. They are absolutely stunning not to mention photogenic too. Keep the pictures and captions coming--great forums.

hazelrunpack
February 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Awww she is stunning, I love her eyes. So cute Hazel.

Is this 5 down 2 to go?

I believe it's 6 down, 2 to go :p Unless I missed someone! :eek: Hard to keep track sometimes :laughing:

Ridge has always had very pretty eyes. She was the one that had the awful folliculitis last year...for a while, the only way we could recognize her was by her sad eyes... :sad: But luckily we were able to prevent a lot of scarring so her awesome beauty wasn't marred :D

Hazel----you're killing me!! :crazy: with :lovestruck:
Every picture I've seen of the pack makes me more and more interested in the breed. They are absolutely stunning not to mention photogenic too. Keep the pictures and captions coming--great forums.

Setters will always have a place in my heart--I love everything from the fur to the temperament to watching them work in the woods! :cloud9: Thanks for the compliments, klmccallum!

Mat&Murph
February 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
As always, your babies are too sweet!!!!!!! :lovestruck: Makes me want to come down for a visit!!!

hazelrunpack
February 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
The door is always open to people who arrive with mastiffs! :D :p

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
A couple of loud barky videos featuring Lady (in waiting) Ridge :D :

Lady (in waiting) Ridge leads Esquire Brier on a merry chase (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/899036/3591474)

Ridge and Brier cheered on by the other tricolors (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/883680/3559783)

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks, growler. :D I swear, when we hit that big lotto win, you'll be hired as the official chronicler of the Pack :laughing:

angeldogs
February 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
You have an amazing pack.other then leaf hauler sledding.do they like to rough house humans or just each other.

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
You have an amazing pack.other then leaf hauler sledding.do they like to rough house humans or just each other.
Well, let's just say if I get down on the floor with them, I always take off my glasses first. :D But Grace is really the only one who'll roughhouse with me--she's got a puppy habit of going after my gloves, for instance. The others just wanna schmuck up the lenses of my glasses with their tongues. :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
February 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Well, let's just say if I get down on the floor with them, I always take off my glasses first. :D But Grace is really the only one who'll roughhouse with me--she's got a puppy habit of going after my gloves, for instance. The others just wanna schmuck up the lenses of my glasses with their tongues. :laughing:

Taking off the glasses first--sounds way too familiar with me too! You get down on the floor thinking your gonna have some fun and it turns out that your fair game!

Their big sloppy snouts pushing up on the glasses creating face imprints on the lenses all a while they smother you with kisses is well--priceless! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
And don't forget the face grease that gets smeared on the inside surface of the lenses! :laughing: It always takes me a while to clean up after I've gotten into tongue-range! :D

rainbow
February 4th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Awwww.....the cuddle pics. :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

And, I loved the chase around the propane tank. :D

TeriM
February 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
It's not uncommon to catch Ridge napping in the sun like an old soul...

Awww, she is a girl after my own heart :cloud9:. I love those cuddle pictures :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Awwww.....the cuddle pics. :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

And, I loved the chase around the propane tank. :D

She can run like the wind when she wants to!! With her physique and spots, we always call her Cheetah Concieta when she's having a top-speed zoomie. She gets a kick out of being called that. :D

Awww, she is a girl after my own heart :cloud9:. I love those cuddle pictures :lovestruck:.

She really does love to cuddle...or at least to smush the others. :laughing: She's not into getting smushed, though.

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
shes beautiful...she looks so warm in the sun even though i'm sure it was freezing out :)

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
It was freezing cold...I mean hypothermia and frostbite cold!!! I finally made her come in cuz watching her was making me cold! :D They don't feel the wind like we do, I guess, and she must've been picking up more warmth from the house than I could feel through my coat...but bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Nothing wrong with that at all.better your glasses then a camera lens.the it puts a stop to picture taking for awhile because you or use don't want to see smudge prints in the pics as it would take from the pack.

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Camera lenses aren't safe around here, either :rolleyes: I always bring a lint-free lens-cleaning cloth along when I bring the camera out. I can't tell you how many times it's come in handy! :laughing:

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Camera lenses aren't safe around here, either :rolleyes: I always bring a lint-free lens-cleaning cloth along when I bring the camera out. I can't tell you how many times it's come in handy! :laughing:

I know as soon as i'm looking through the view finder Jags big tongue is going across the lens.

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I know as soon as i'm looking through the view finder Jags big tongue is going across the lens.
:laughing: You should take a picture of it! :thumbs up

angeldogs
February 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM
:laughing: You should take a picture of it! :thumbs up
That will be very hard as he's to close to get the pic.but will try anyways.

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Try the self-portrait setting...or the macro setting for close ups...and maybe cover the lens with some clear food wrap for easy cleanup! :D What a hoot! :laughing: