Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DH got a new job!

clm
February 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM
He has just been hating his job. When he was hired there a little over a year and a half ago, it seemed quite promising, but it's all changed, he's not doing anything he was trained or educated to do and to make matters worse, he's not based out of the office 10 minutes from our house, he's now based out of Hamilton. So he's been sending out his resume a lot and hoping for the chance to get something else. He got called for an interview for a job that is literally less than 5 minutes from our house, for a job that he's really interested in. He went for the interview Friday morning at 10. He was home by 10:30. Looking a little deflated as there had been a lot of applicants for that job and a lot of interviews had taken place on Thursday and there were a bunch more there to be interviewed after he left on Friday. He really didn't think he had a chance being over 50 and all.
Anyway, we went shopping and were in Costco at around 11:30 when he got a call saying he had the job. :thumbs up
He's soooo happy. I'm so happy for him.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
WoooooHooooo!

Way to go, Mr clm!!!! :highfive: How great to be working only 5 minutes from home, too! :thumbs up

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
That's awsome.must of made his day getting the new job.i hope all works out well for him.starting a new job can be a pain sometimes.
Congrats to your hubby.

otis'mom
February 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Congrates on the new job!!!
My husband is a miner and was laid of 3 days before xmas. But our search has finally come to an end as well. He has found a job about 4 hrs away and works 7 on 7 off. A little less money a little more hassel but in this economy we are just happy he found something, and hopefully things will pick but up and he will get called back to his old job.
Anyway I'm going on and on
Congrates!:thumbs up

clm
February 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
He worked for the same place for over 30 years before it shut down it's operation here and moved to the US. It was hard for him to go on the job hunt after that alone. It took him a year to find this last job and he was feeling pretty discouraged and old during that job hunt. To have this job hunt go so much better was a big boost to his ego for sure. :thumbs up
Yep, it's a bit less money than the last one, but money isn't everything.

Cindy

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Most likely what he spent in gas a week going to hamilton and back even if hamilton isn't that far idling in traffic or all the traffic lights off the hwy.being 5mins away is less gas and time consuming will easly make up for the less pay.

Frenchy
February 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Congratulation , 5 mins from your house .... that must be soo cool ! Now you can send him for errands after work :D

aslan
February 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
congratulationgs to mr. clm... nothing like getting a job you enjoy, close to home, and beating all those other people out of the job.:thumbs up

Dog Dancer
February 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Congratulations, excellent news for your DH. You too Otis'mom. It shows that there is still work out there despite all our current troubles. How nice for your hubby though CLM. That must have really lifted his spirits.

ancientgirl
February 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Hey, that's fantastic. The pay may not be the same, but hopefully being so close to home and not wasting too much gas will make up for some of it.

Love4himies
February 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
I am so glad for him (and you). :thumbs up :highfive: