Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Puppy Bowl is on today.

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Since today is the Super Bowl here, it's the yearly showing of The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. They are doing a marathon today as well. Last year I noticed they have a kitty half-time show, which is super cute.

I was wondering though. Where do they get the puppies and kittens?

BusterBoo
February 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
:shrug: I put Animal Planet on and it's about Barracudas??? Is the Puppy Bowl on now? (4:20 Ontario time)

allymack
February 1st, 2009, 04:19 PM
hmm, maybe we have a different animal planet, i dont see it on mine :sad:

what is it about?

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Wha? Oh man, I thought it would be on for everybody.

Allymack, it's the cutest thing. It's a bunch of puppies in this corral that looks like a football stadium. They play with balls and they have them do other stuff too. Last year they did swimming relays. Halftime is when the kittens come out, so they have a kitty half-time show. It's a huge puppy/kitten fix.

If you can, go to Animal Planet on the web. Maybe they have some videos.

Here's a little bit of what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo3zvuIOwB4

allymack
February 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
that is just way too cute! and look at that little jrt go! jsut full of energy! i wish i could get that show!

BusterBoo
February 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
If I recall, last year the Puppy Bowl played like a week after the original broadcast....yes.....some things are slower in Canada...:D

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Oh, maybe you guys will be able to see it then. I love watching it. And I really liked that they included the kitties too.:D

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 08:34 PM
:laughing::laughing:OMG there was a "streaker" running across the puppy bowl field. I beige Chinese crested. How cute.

BusterBoo
February 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM
:frustrated: geeeezzzzzzz.....with the way our Television is, we might see that in a week or two! :shrug:

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Well the good thing about these channels, is at least you will get to see it at some point. I hope they play it soon. It was super cute.

growler~GateKeeper
February 1st, 2009, 11:47 PM
I don't get any cable here but that video was too cute :laughing: those pups had no idea what to do with the hyper JRT :laughing:

CClover
February 2nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
The streaker(from one of our rescue) just hilarious! The other one who is hidding is head is from the cast of Hotel for dogs...

Here to see the steaker:laughing:
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/puppy-bowl-v-streaker.html

growler~GateKeeper
February 2nd, 2009, 02:22 AM
Great Link CClover :thumbs up

Puppy streaker :laughing:

I found the Kitty Half Time Video (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/puppy-bowl-v-kitty-half-time-show.html) :lovestruck: so cute!

ancientgirl
February 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I loved how the referee couldn't catch him at first.

The kitty half-time is always cute. I wish I had that set-up though. :D

I wonder if they sell this on DVD. They probably do. I love watching this, it's so cute.

allymack
February 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
aw, i watched all the videos i coul, that is just too cute! i am definately going to be watching for it on animals planet! how long is the show?

ancientgirl
February 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
I think it's something like 2 hours.