Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ginger & Hobo met Harley and Roxy today!

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Rottielover and I met at the woods today and I managed to get some mediocre shots on the dogs...hard to get four dogs to stand still for pictures:laughing::laughing:

Harley is just like Ginger...doesn't like the camera!!!!

Roxie loves pictures and treats...mostly treats I think ;)

Rottielover
February 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you for posting them, they are gorgeous, all the dogs.
It was really nice meeting up with you too, even though there was only 1 little snag.
I guess it really shows me that harley is fearful, and not aggressive.

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Harley did not show up for the group shot...he was busy trying to steal Kayla's sticks but that little girl can hold her own against him :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It was a really nice time and all the dogs got along famously :angel:

otter
February 1st, 2009, 03:12 PM
and I must say, everyone looks wonderful :thumbs up :lovestruck:

I never realized ginger was so small... she is pretty small isn't she, or is it just the pics?

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
They do look good, don't they. You would never guess there is anything wrong with Roxy...she is a ball of energy!

I think Ginger is about medium...she weighs about 67 lbs. Harley is a big guy and really dwarfed her. She is about Roxy's size. I think she might always have seemed big because I take her picture with Hobo and he is a peanut :laughing::laughing:

Rottielover
February 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM
I wish we could have gotten a video of Roxy trying to get the snowball and digging her way to china.
Haley is massive, he does not realize his size. And poor Hobo being used as a hurdle.

I can not believe ginger is 14, she is so spunky. All of the dogs were great, I was very impressed how smoothly everything went

Chaser
February 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
They all look fantastic :lovestruck:

allymack
February 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
aw, i love puppy playdates:cloud9: its good to hear they all got along so well!

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
They're all looking wonderful! :flirt:

Hobo was being hurdled? :eek: I wish you could've gotten that on video! :laughing: That must have been a hoot to watch. :D

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 05:10 PM
So nice to be able to have meet ups and all the dogs get along.To bad Harley didn't show up for a group shot.that would have been nice.

Rottielover
February 1st, 2009, 07:04 PM
He did not show up for a group shot, but she got this nice silhouette one of him

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 07:12 PM
That is a nice picture.he does take good pics.

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Hobo was being hurdled? :eek: I wish you could've gotten that on video! :laughing: That must have been a hoot to watch. :D

The path is very narrow...Harley came running full force from behind me to pass me and when he got in front of me Hobo was only a few steps ahead of me so he had to jump over him not to plow him down :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It would have been a good "stupid pet trick" :D

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
That is a nice picture.he does take good pics.

Actually that is the same picture as in the first set. She brightened it. I have only taken pics of beige dogs...black dogs are hard to take. Can't see their eyes :sad:

Does anyone have a secret?

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Bright sunshine helps...hard to get it on command, though :D

Frenchy
February 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Nice walk in the wood among friends :thumbs up

Rottielover
February 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I have have a program that I can edit pics, so I cheat, lol

It was great having them all there together. Harley really does like goldens, maybe it is because he thinks he is a retriever, lol

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
So was this a play date or a chance meeting? :D

Rottielover
February 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
It was a last min meet up. I wanted out of the house, and she was headed there, so I asked if we all could meet up with her. It turned out very well.
Kayla's only request was next time I bring a sled, lol