Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

11 days ago i had a healthy dog

PRINCE
January 30th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Hi im writing this while grieving for my king charles cocaspanuel , 11 days ago the old boy went out the back to the toilet and yelped just outside the door ,he started limping so we took him to the vet and they tryed to draw any object out from the dogs paw. They tried 3 times with once being with a pultrus.

Sorry about my spelling im not the greatest person for it , Prince had visted the vet 3 times within the 11 days ,2 days ago we had to leave him at the vets so yesterday the vet could operate on his paw and find out what was going on , they said that a nail or some forigien object puctured his footpad went straight up and into his artery ,his foot was dien and we had to make a choice.

1. was to remove the two toes and try to save him
2. to remove the leg and the shoulder blade
3. To put him to sleep

This is a hard decision to make ,this dog has litrely lived by my side 24hrs and was a part of me . we decided to take option 1 and try to save his leg and remove the infected area ,:(
today the vet has called and told us that the foot is still dead and the infection is still there.

He gave us the other two options , Prince has been through a ruptured cruxiant ligament , bad ears all of his life , operation on his eyes because of a dry eye problem and his old bones are riddled with arthritus .

We knew we had to put him down , its so sad to miss something so much and no that you cant even see and feel him lick ya face or pant ,i hope we ,made the right decision .

This problem that happened with this dog the vet said only 1 other time had he seen the same thing and that was with a horse that got its hoof stuck in an electric fence .

This was so sudden ,2 weeks ago he was fine if he slowy showed signs of passing it would have been so much easier.

I love ya prince , Ya my buddy and im sorry boy ...Real Sorry we all are:(

RIP PRINCE - going on 13yrs 30-1-2009 GOODBYE:(

I LOVED THAT DOG SO MUCH

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU ALL THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS TOO:cry:

angeldogs
January 30th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Prince was a good looking boy and in his eyes looked like he had a gentle soul.
I'm so sorry for your loss.you will see him again he will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you so you and him can cross it together just as all of our pets will be,as long as he is in your heart he ill always be with you.

:rip:Prince :candle:

diandpat
January 30th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Well, he is perfectly adorable so it is no wonder you would miss him so :rip:

Of course it is difficult that it was so unexpected but in the end you know you made the right decision for Prince, as hard as it is on you now. :cry:

My sympathies to you and your family and hopefully the happy times will replace the sadness over time and you will see each other again at the Rainbow Bridge :angel2:

PRINCE
January 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thankyou for your kind words , he helped me in my life so much , i went through agoraphobia with him and he was always there for me , he lived on my bed , he loved soft stuff if there was 10 pillows he would try to climb to the top so he could be in all the softness.

The last things i said was your gonna be alright boy tommorow you will get that bandage off and be able to walk again soon without limping:(

once again thankyou for your kindness , i wish i could have had the object punchure my foot instead of princes.

for 13 years he has lived by my side 24hrs a day and if i wasnt around he would cry for me so i could cuddle down with him and go to sleep.

he truly lived up to his name and was a prince of kindness and his soul was so gentle he wouldnt harm anyone unless he seen them attacking any of the family , he recovered from the crixuant ligament without any opp.

just needles , i just hope that he knows that we didnt betray him and we all loved him with every little peice of our hearts :(

i would do anything to have my boy back ...anything

once again thankyou all its nice to know that his gentle soul can been seen through his eyes by anyone ,he was a great dog i wish i could have replaced his pain with joy and took his pain into me so he didnt hurt :(

BusterBoo
January 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
:sorry:

There is nothing easy about losing a part of your heart and it sounds like Prince had a hold on your heart. what a beautiful, wise face...

You did everything you could for your Prince, he is at peace now.

:rip: sweet Prince. :pray:

hazelrunpack
January 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Prince :grouphug: He was your angel on earth and now he's your guardian angel watching over you. :angel:

:candle: Prince

Dee-O-Gee
January 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM
We went through the same thing--3 weeks ago. Our 14 year baby slipped away and it all within 1 week--it was so sudden and you really can't prepare.

Believe me Prince....I know what you're going through and now that I have experienced it for myself, I will give anyone who mentions to me about a passing of their beloved pet--a big hug.

Keep your thoughts of him strong and your heart even stronger. All of us in this forum would like to extend a big :grouphug:

krdahmer
January 31st, 2009, 10:39 PM
God bless you both, until you meet your beloved furries again at the bridge. :angel::candle:

TeriM
January 31st, 2009, 11:09 PM
What a lovely, kind face your Prince had :lovestruck:. I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.

Finsfan74
February 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
You and your little one will be in our prayers.....I know it's hard (we lost 2 within months apart), but know that it will get better

PRINCE
February 1st, 2009, 02:13 AM
thankyou all again for your kindness , im sorry to hear alot of you also have been through this , its so hard and heartbreaking just the same as loosing a family member, im sorry so many of you have experianced the same , on the good note i do have some good news for you all regarding prince.

I went to the docs the other day because of high blood preasure im supposed to be around 130 but im at 170 and higher the more worked up i get .

Yesterday we went out and bought a golden lab and i have named him Sultan in rememberance of prince .

I was feeling so quilty that we did but last night around 11pm sultan was sleeping on a pillow , Benji our silky terrier was having a drink and myself and my mum heard what sounded like water dripping . We turned the fans down so we could hear what it was .

IT WAS PRINCE!! :) walking down the wooden floor hallway , he has all four legs walking by the sound and i think he came to let me know he was ok .
I have always asked him when he was alive to come back to me and let me know if hes ok and im sure he did.

i will paste a pic of sultan . Pure bred lab

once again everyone your words of kindness helped me and my family and we thank you all

Sultan will never replace prince but he will always carry princes name and meaning with him
thankyou all again its been so hard to cope with all this , the house was broken into a few weeks back ,ontop of that my father has to ulcers eating away at his leg so times are very stressfull

Heres Sultans Picture Everyone , Hes a good smart dog i think he can feel im holding back from him so he does the same to me sometimes .it will pass over time

Thankyou all so much :pray:

diandpat
February 1st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Aw, Sultan is adorable :cloud9: I am sure that it was Prince who came back to tell you he is just fine and healthy now, thanks for the nice life, now carry on...:thumbs up

Don't hold back from Sultan...he is precious and sweet and deserves all of you so he can become a wonderful canine citizen. :lovestruck:

Good luck and post LOTS of pics ;)

angeldogs
February 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Sultan is a cutie.

PRINCE
February 11th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi yeah sults a cool looking pup , so far iv clicker trained him to sit and im teaching him to shake hands ,he knows how to go to the side door and back door to relieve himself and he lernt on the first day he was brought back here , iv got him to fetch the ball and drop it a few times ,sometimes he steals and thinks its a game to catch him ,i have heard prince heaps now walking down the hallway and also brushing past my leg when im on the bed so iv finaly come with terms that he is gone and is in a better place , sultan has helped this family heaps with the grieving ,so has all your words about prince so i thankyou all again , and as requested here are more pics of sultan ,he has just turned 8 weeks today , the silky terrier here wont have anything to do with sultan , at first sultan was giving the domanance to Benji but because benji has always been the lowest in the pack he does not know what to do with it , now sultan even though hes a pup has taken full domanation over Benji , so in a few weeks im take sultan to puppy school to get him socialized

thanks everyone i will drop more pics a sult when i can here and there.

PRINCE
February 11th, 2009, 06:26 AM
o lol he likes to hump his sheep skin rug lol thats made me laugh a few times

PRINCE
February 11th, 2009, 06:31 AM
more pics of sult , ill take some of when he goes phyco around the house at top speed hahaha

diandpat
February 11th, 2009, 06:51 AM
He is perfectly adorable...congratulations!!!!