Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh thank Dawg for cesar millan!!

babymomma
January 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Seriously, I could kiss him right now! ..

major break through with keely today! She ate without being spoon fed!!!! And not only that, but she ate DRY FOOD, It wasnt mixed with wet!:D

I watched "The dog whisperer" today, and he was working with a newfoundland dog that wouldnt eat. He told the owners to make the dog work for his food. So thats what i did with keely, instead of just putting it oin the floor and waiting for her to eat, She worked for it. And all I told her to do was "sit" And "Say please".. And she ate 1/3 of a cup all by her self!

I tell ya, ive had such a hard time convincing her to eat for the last few months, I could seriously sit down and cry.

I Knew there was a reason i watch cesar every day! lol

I know she only ate 1 meal, but im hoping it will work everytime now:pray:

So I need some :fingerscr for us!!

Since Early Oct. Shes been eating just enough to keep her in good good shape even though she could be in GREAT shape.

angeldogs
January 30th, 2009, 04:10 AM
That is great that she ate with out it being mixed or spoon feed.having them work for their food can be a good thing.

happycats
January 30th, 2009, 12:43 PM
That's great!!!! Congrats!

I love cesar! I saw that one too, I just loved that newf,( I think his name was storm) he ws the sweetest pup!

the owner was cooking him these great meals everyday ,and he'd just push the bowl away and looked all sad.

Sylvie
January 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hey way to go BM

Isn't it great when you have accomplished something with the little :evil:

Good luck on her eating in the future.

Keep up the good work

:rip: Stoney

Dekka
January 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Thats great you had success!!!!.. just take what he says with a grain of salt. There are reasons he is not popular with behaviourists and humane societies. (PM me if you want details.. I don't want to derail your happy thread)

My dogs often have to do something to get dinner. It can really help.

babymomma
February 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys! .. Well, Still having a bit of a challenge, but it is still helping alot. I think I need some new Ideas on how to challenge her. Any ideas on what I should do?