Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Haven't been around in a while - Sorry!

phoozles
January 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

Wow, what a crazy few weeks!

As you may know, I'm tying the knot this June.. Everything was going along swimmingly (everyone commented on how ridiculously organized I was, but that was really because I have a lot of down time :o).

Anyway, my world came to a crashing halt when I found out last week that my venue - the place that I was having my ceremony and my reception and had booked last May - was closing its doors for good. Just like that. Found out through email, of all things.

Luckily they gave us back our deposit, but then I had to find another place to do everything. On the same day (because of everyone else I had booked) in one of the busiest wedding months of the year.. With less than 5 months to go. When most places are booked up over a year in advance. In a city that I live a full hour away from.

I think I was in shock for the first few days, because I didn't freak out. My FH did. I had to calm HIM down (meanwhile it was of course me who had to find a new place). So I emailed every venue in the city and asked them if they miraculously had my date available.

Two did. So I made arrangements to go see them on the weekend. I actually had a wedding to go to on the Saturday, so I had to drive an hour out to meet with one venue, come back to my town to go to the wedding, and then head back out an hour to see the other one. Needless to say I was a little exhausted.

Here was the rundown. The first one was pretty. It also had EVERYTHING included.. they would take care of everything and it was actually cheaper than the quote I got for the place that closed down. It also included a jacuzzi suite for me and my future hubby :cool: I could have my ceremony outside (which was the plan), but if it rained, they would move us inside (to a little conference room). Our banquet room for the dinner would be on the other side of the wall of another wedding.

The second one was VERY pretty.. It's an 18 century house on 68 acres. Beautiful land, great architecture.. Would HAVE to have our dinner outside in a tent because it's not big enough to hold my number of guests (which is what I wanted anyway).. Nothing is included.. Would have to price out caterers, a tent guy, decorator, do our own bar, and everything else.

So what did I choose? Why, the big pain in the arse second one, of course! I wanted the one stop shop, but then I pictured myself being in a room right across from another wedding and thought I'd always think of it being like a convention instead of this stupid day that I've been stupid planning for almost a year now..

FH promised to help me as the second one is a lot more work :rolleyes: I told him if it's anything like the help he's been giving me so far, thanks but no thanks :laughing:

So that's what I've been up to (and still am) ..

Hope you all are well! I'll try to come on here more often, but it might not be permanent until June is officially over.. I hope you understand, and I hope you got through this novel! :)

sugarcatmom
January 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Holy moly girl, you got a lot going on! Nice to hear from you though. I think that's awesome that you chose the second place, it sounds dreamy. But who am I to say - my wedding was teensy (15 people) and entirely planned by hubby. All I did was buy the rings. I know, we're kinda weird like that.

Good luck on the rest of your planning, and I hope we get to see some pics when it's all said and done.

angeldogs
January 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
It's good that you were able to find another place right way for your wedding.
Wish you all the luck in planning the rest of the wedding without any or major changes like the one you just had.

Diamondsmum
January 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ohh phoozies girl! how did you stay sane? I hope from now on its easy for you.

Chris21711
January 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Nice to hear from you Phoozles and that it is just being busy keeping you from the board and nothing more serious :thumbs up

Your new venue sounds awesome, do you have any pics of the place :)

Read your update on Ethel you are an :angel: for hanging in there. So when is Pickles going to be integrated into the fold :rolleyes:

Love4himies
January 30th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I am glad you checked, thought you may have gotten lost in all this snow, lol.

I think you made the right choice for your wedding, the ambiance at the second place sounds so nice.

I feel your kitty pains :grouphug:. We are still having fighting issues between Sweet :evil: Pea and Puddles.

Sylvie
January 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wow, what a shocker. :eek:

Things happen for a reason :D Sometimes we don't know why, but it sounds like the place you picked will be wonderful.

Our neice had the reception is a tent in her parent's back yard and it turned out to be the most wonderful wedding we have ever attended.

Good luck and I know everything will work out fine :thumbs up

phoozles
January 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys.. it's been rough.. Luckily this will all be done in just over 4 months, and then I can just relax and be a Mrs already!

You can see my venue here (http://www.heritagelondonfoundation.org/IndexElsie.htm). The website really doesn't do it justice, but it's gorgeous. I'm meeting with a caterer tomorrow, so hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on in :fingerscr

Pickles is still just a visitor for now.. Super cute and sweet, but we just don't have room for her right now :sad: She gets tons of food and lovin' though :)

Sorry to hear you're still dealing with Sweet Pea and Puddles L4H - will it ever get better? Ethel's meds ran out so we're picking up a new batch for her tomorrow morning.. I really think the only way that they'll get along is if we move - and that's not in the cards for quite some time, so we'll just have to keep taking it day by day.

ancientgirl
February 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Maybe this was fate! I love the look of that house. I think you'll have some lovely pictures there.

That's great little Pickles has you and FH helping her out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed things get better and that you can find another house. Maybe once you move things will settle down for the kitties, once your in a neutral new home.