Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gus & Oliver

Angus
August 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM
Gus and Oliver (http://www.superexcitingfunland.com/pics/pet%20pics/oliver%20013.jpg)

Oliver is the one with the cone

Cactus Flower
August 1st, 2004, 01:48 PM
Awwwwwwwww how cute!

Why the cone?

glasslass
August 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM
Cute picture! I'm curious about the cone too! :)

Angus
August 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
We got Oliver from the OSPCA..... with "happy tail", which means he wagged his tail and banged it against the crate so many times the tip split, poor Oilver! To hopefully repair it we have a plastic covering taped on it at the moment the cone prevents him from taking the plastic cover or tape off.... he's definately ackward with it though!
The vet has suggested we have it "loped off", which were considering if its for his overall heath but kinda hoping it heals, we'll see how this week goes.... we will decide by this friday, since he's going in for his neutering at that time anyway.
Its been a rough start for the little one though!

meggie1425
August 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Very cute ! what kind of dogs are they?

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 11:43 AM
We got Oliver from the OSPCA..... with "happy tail", which means he wagged his tail and banged it against the crate so many times the tip split, poor Oilver! To hopefully repair it we have a plastic covering taped on it at the moment the cone prevents him from taking the plastic cover or tape off.... he's definately ackward with it though!
The vet has suggested we have it "loped off", which were considering if its for his overall heath but kinda hoping it heals, we'll see how this week goes.... we will decide by this friday, since he's going in for his neutering at that time anyway.

I don't know how familiar you are with short haried dogs and long tails... but I would not consider "happy tail" a health concern and require the dog's tail to be "loped off"; unless it was serverly infected and/or casuing him a significant amount of pain - I think the cone is best!. The happy tail is understandable from being in a crate and hitting his tail repeatedly. I would be wagging my tail everytime I saw a potential forever home walk through the door!!!! :p My little girl (pit bull) has a "natural" tail too. Actually, it's more like a whip!! We have never experience a "happy tail" quite as sever as bleeding and cut, but I would suspect that if you can keep him from licking it and biting it while it heals your problem should vanish. I would not dock the tail, IMHO.

wAggie
August 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
there's actually a term for that intense wagging??

Honey & Chocolate both have aggressively "happy tails" LMAO

and none have split yet!

good luck to Oliver :) :)

Cinnabear
August 14th, 2004, 04:51 PM
What cute boys they are. :) Did you adopt them together?