Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat gone crazy

junolove
January 29th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I recently moved into a new apartment with my two cats Denver and Juno. Denver was brought to a new home about a week ago.

Ever since we've been in the new place, Juno has been going into the litter box and scratching obsessively for up to 20mins at which point I usually go grab her. She's never really stopped on her own. Clean too. I thought it may not be clean enough for her, but she does it either way.

Now that denver is gone, she's been howling. She'll pace around the house crying. She's not even consoled my me petting her anymore.

When I first got Juno, she was a stray and whined constantly because she had a condition where her uterus was oversized and she was always in heat. She has since been fixed and the issue ceased at that point. I don't know why she's whining again, its been over a year since that.

Anyone know why Juno has lost grip?

growler~GateKeeper
January 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Is Juno having any difficulty peeing/pooping?

How long have Juno & Denver been together? and why is Denver no longer there?

:2cents: Sounds like she misses her buddy

Love4himies
January 29th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The howling could be her calling for Denver, but the litter box issue is concerning to me. I think a vet appt to rule out any health issues.

14+kitties
January 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I third the above opinions. A cat who has never "obsessively scratched" at her litter box before has some issues. There could be a blockage. She needs to see the vet asap if this has been going on for a while. The howling could be because she is in pain.
I am sure she is also missing her housemate. :sad: That could also account for the howling.