Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keeper's biopsy results were clean . . . and a shadowy silhouette of Abby hunting

Rick C
January 28th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Keeper had two lumps on her hips biopsied last week . . . . . results came back clean. The lumps are just fatty spots that seem to creep up on her in various places from time to time.

So our cancer survivor is still a cancer survivor. She is finishing up her mild chemo.

Weather here turned warm but blustery, gusts up to 110 kmh blowing a few semi's off the highway in southwestern Alberta.

Yesterday, Abby, in perfect shadowy symmetry, was caught listening intently to sounds from under the crusty, wind-swept snow of her home. She is very patient and can sit or lay like this for an hour or more. . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0580-edit2.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

hazelrunpack
January 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
What great news about Keeper :highfive: and a wonderful picture of Abby!! She's oozing intensity!! :D

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Awww, fantastic news!!! I bet you and Carol are ecstatic! I am! :thumbs up Great news!!!
Love the picture of patient Abby! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
January 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
:highfive: Wonderful news! :grouphug:

Aww Abby :cloud9: what a purfect shot :thumbs up

Shaykeija
January 28th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I am so glad... I have become rather fond of your fur kids....

diandpat
January 29th, 2009, 05:19 AM
YAHOOZIE!!!! That is fantastic news Rick :highfive:

Such a beautiful shot of Abby too...the patience of Job, just like Ginger :lovestruck:

clm
January 29th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Nice to hear some good news for a change. I love that picture.

Cindy

Love4himies
January 29th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I am so happy for you, Abby, Keeper and your DW :thumbs up.

SIL
January 29th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love to hear the good news...way to go Keeper!!!:thumbs up
Abby's picture looks amazing.....

chico2
January 29th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Phew,what a relief:thumbs upwe needed some good news:thumbs up
Beautiful pic of Abby,but it looks like everything is just ice:yell:

JanM
January 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Thank goodness for good results! Good for you, Keeper (and Rick too) :):thumbs up

Chris21711
January 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Great news Rick :thumbs up

Chico - I thought of you when I read Keeper's update :grouphug:

jessi76
January 29th, 2009, 10:05 AM
GREAT news! and beautiful photo!

Dog Dancer
January 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Rick such great news about Keeper. She is a trooper and you guys are so good to her. That pic of Abby is so great (what a surprise huh). It looks like she's been sitting there for hours and melted down into the snow a bit.

BenMax
January 29th, 2009, 10:43 AM
RIck wonderful news.

I am always so captivated by your photography. You always seem to grasp the moment which is so profound and though I cannot hear the moment that is captured...I can hear (if you know what I mean).

If you are not a professional photographer - you absolutely should be. Your lasting moments are intense and I appreciate your work so very much.

Thank you.

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Rick, that is excellent news! I'm so happy she's okay.

rainbow
January 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Glad to hear the great news about Keeper. :highfive:

angeldogs
January 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
That is great news Rick.

Stacer
January 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Yay!! Don't retrievers tend to get lumpy with age? That's alot of worry every time you find a new lump.

otter
January 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Happy News, YIPEEE! :cloud9:

and your photo... absolutely stunning :thumbs up

I love Abby and Keepers adventures.. and can only hope there are going to be many, many more :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Rick C
January 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yay!! Don't retrievers tend to get lumpy with age? That's alot of worry every time you find a new lump.

I don't know if Golden's get lumpy with age. Abby is the same age and I think has had nothing to date. Keeper had fatty lumps before then a cancer lump which we detected early enough to eradicate entirely. Then more fatty lumps. Given Keeper's history, it's better to be safe than sorry.

BEN MAX WROTE - am always so captivated by your photography. You always seem to grasp the moment which is so profound and though I cannot hear the moment that is captured...I can hear (if you know what I mean).

If you are not a professional photographer - you absolutely should be. Your lasting moments are intense and I appreciate your work so very much.

In another life, now more than a quarter-century ago, I was a journalist/photojournalist. Abby & Keeper are good practice. Thank you for your comment.

A favourite Keeper shot, altered to look like a painting, in a forest park near our home: "The Trail Ahead"

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1000867_edited-4.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

clm
January 30th, 2009, 10:39 PM
That is a beautiful shot. I hope you have that hung somewhere in your house.

Cindy

CearaQC
January 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
That would make an awesome 1000 or more piece puzzle!! (The one converted to look like a painting.)

growler~GateKeeper
January 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
That would make an awesome 1000 or more piece puzzle!! (The one converted to look like a painting.)

Yes it would :thumbs up I think there are companies that do that from pics :shrug:

krdahmer
January 30th, 2009, 11:17 PM
:thumbs up Great news! And another amazing shot! :goodvibes: for continued survivorhood! (is that a word? :o)

TeriM
January 31st, 2009, 12:31 AM
Wonderful news about Keeper :thumbs up.

Love both of those pictures :cloud9:.