Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another phantom kitty sighting.

ancientgirl
January 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Okay, since living in this apartment I've on occasion seen things. What just happened to me was the clearest sighting.

I was in the bathroom, and Maks came in to pee. I walked out and turned the light off and he came out a few seconds later. He jumped on the bed and there he stayed as I went back into the bathroom to get my asthma inhalation. The lights were on, and I saw Maks coming back in. I saw an orange kitty go under the vanity into the litter box, and never took my eyes off the entrance. When I moved to look at Maks, I said "Hey Maks, you were just in here." There was no Maks. I came out and he was still on the bed. Oy!

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Weird. Have the other kitties you've seen been orange too? Someone didn't want to go to the bridge.

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 08:19 AM
14+, I've seen darker figures out of the corner of my eye. A couple of times I thought they were Vlad and Oksana, and even Kiska.

Once, I was on the floor playing with Vlad and Maks, and I felt a purr behind my ear and breathing. I turned and there was no cat behind me. They were all in front of me. I've also felt the sensation of a cat jumping on the bed or walking, only to look up and see nothing.

I really don't mind all too much. I don't feel frightened, not like I would if I thought it was a person. I did have 3 prior cats in my life, 4 if I count a white Siamese I had for 2 weeks, but my dad found him a home with a wonderful blind man. I just figured it might be one of my former kitties just hanging around with the others.:shrug:

14+kitties
January 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I don't know that the "spirit" for lack of a better word, would have followed you. If anything it was a kitty that belonged to the apartment you are in now. It's pretty neat whatever way. Obviously he/she is in his/her element now with all the other kitties to play with.

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I've never felt any animal presence before I moved into this place so it's likely some animals that were there before.

I asked my landlord and he said none of the other tenants had cats. LOL, at first he thought I meant real live cats were getting into my apartment. He said he's surprised I haven't adopted them too.

I said, no these aren't among the living. To which he asked me to share whatever I was smoking.

I'm not crazy, and I'm one of those I have to see it to believe it, and I know what I saw. I mean, to actually walk to the litter because I saw "Maks" go back in, that's a pretty vivid thing.

Either way, my gang don't seem to be bothered by anything and neither am I so...:shrug:

14+kitties
January 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Well if it's a spirit cat it doesn't necessarily have to have been in your apartment. It could be it belonged to another apartment but wandered. Maybe it still is wandering. :shrug: It stays in your apartment more because of your kitties.
Sorry if we sound a little out there folks. I am a firm believer in this "stuff."

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Well if it's a spirit cat it doesn't necessarily have to have been in your apartment. It could be it belonged to another apartment but wandered. Maybe it still is wandering. :shrug: It stays in your apartment more because of your kitties.
Sorry if we sound a little out there folks. I am a firm believer in this "stuff."

Yeah, I thought about that. There is a feral colony behind my complex who some of the people that live in those buildings feed. I've no doubt it might be a former resident of that area.

I believe in this stuff myself. I had an experience when I was about 19 and ever since then, I believe. Mind you, I always have a bit of skepticism, like I said, I have to see it myself. And if I someone tells me about an experience they have had, I'll believe them if I know they are also serious about it.

Luvmypitgirls
February 1st, 2009, 05:32 AM
I believe in this stuff too!

I'll try and make this short.

A couple of years before my mother died, she underwent stomach surgery.
We were babysitting her cat Jake. Jake, was a senior orange tabby, who was having some health issues himself. He was on various meds and seemed to be making improvements.
Jake, was a stray my mom had found many years earlier, and he was extremely bonded to my mother. He was a spoiled and much loved fat ole cat.

Anyway, when we brought Jake home with us, he immediately changed. He was lethargic, and wouldn't move from his bed. He wouldn't eat or drink. I took him to the vet a couple days later and the vet said Jake seemed dehydrated and he injected saline under Jakes skin between his front shoulders. He perked up a little bit but not much.

The hospital called and told us my mom was moved from ICU to a ward and we could come visit. I was not prepared for what I would see. She had had an adverse reaction to the anesthetic, she was experiencing horrible hallucinations, she speaking gibberish. The doctor told us that if she didn't come out of it within 24 hours, that she wouldn't be able to live independently again, that we would have to make different living arrangements for her. 24 hours came and went, my mom made no improvement.

Meanwhile, Jake, who seemed horribly depressed, and who's health had yet again deteriorated made another trip to the vet. Again the vet said he was dehydrated and again injected saline, and told us to take him home. He said he may be sufferring from separation anxiety since he couldn't be with my mom.

Some time during that night, Jake passed away in his catbed. I was devestated. How was I going to tell my mom her little prince was gone. And given her current condition would she even understand. She had made no improvement up to that point.

We wrapped Jake up in his favorite blankie, and took him to the vets to be cremated. We asked for a pawprint as well. Then we made our way to the hospital. When I had called the night before she was resting but they said there was no change.

Ok, so sometime between us dropping off Jake at the vets and getting to the hospital, my mother went to the nursing station and asked to use the phone. Amazingly she seemed totally coherent. My oldest son answered the phone and the first thing she said was "Greg, it's Nanny, Jake died last night didn't he?" My son told her that he had passed away during the night. He was so freaked out, how could she have possibly known.
We arrived to find her curled up on her bed crying her eyes out, calling for Jake. After we calmed her down a bit, she told us that Jake woke her up in the middle of the night, he was sitting on her chest licking her face. He rubbed his face against hers and then sat looking her in the eyes. Then he licked her and disappeared.
It would be an amazing coincidence if it were just a dream. I don't think it was I think Jake was heartbroken that he couldn't be with mom and it killed him, and he went to her before he went to the Bridge. Thinking about it still gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes.

Every once and awhile I too, see my Benny (my Golden), out of the corner of my eye. I usually catch his tail as it goes around the corner down the hall.
I swear once and awhile I hear my Lil Bit (my bird), singing. And once and awhile I swear I feel my Shamu curling up on my legs during the night, I wake up and there's nothing there, but I know I felt her.

Sorry....I tried to make it short.

14+kitties
February 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
LMPG - That is a wonderful story. Has me in tears too. After the penny incident when my mom passed in July I believe a lot more than I did before. It was nice that Jake was able to go see your mom before he went to the Bridge. :grouphug:
AG - I sure wouldn't be upset to see kitty show up. :thumbs up He knows a good thing when he sees it.

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
LMPG thank you so much for that story. I'm in tears right now, but you have also given me so much joy. I have anxiety issues and many a day I begin to wonder about the day my babies are no longer with me. I sit and cry because I wonder if I will ever see them again. I like to think there is a place we all go to when we leave this plane of existence, and knowing I will be there with my beloved cats makes me feel better.

14+, I feel good knowing they feel at home here. They probably didn't have anyone to love them while they were in this world, and maybe they feel that here in my home.

Magicwildwolf69
February 2nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
glad to know i'm not the only other one that had an experence like this i've had a couple in my past.

when i was younger my family had a black tom cat named mischief. Well he was as mean as one cat could be two kids he would always swipe at us when we walked by when he was inside which was rare because he prowled around getting in fights and protecting his terrority. my mother never got him neutered and this was before i was old enough to really understand what that was so as he got older he got meaner. well it seems at night he would sometimes want to cuddle and would walk to my bedroom and sleep on my bed. well my bedroom was at the end of the hallway so i had a direct view of what was coming toward me and even though he was black i could usually see him from the light in the living room.

i think one night he would have been 10 or 11 we hadn't seen him for months. My mother told me he probably died and well i was sad but didn't totally understand as he wasn't around much anyway.

well about a week after my mother told me she thought he had died i saw him in the hallway. My mother often let him in at night after i went to bed so i didn't think anything of it. Up to my bed he comes and curls up purring so i am happy he's back and go to sleep well when i asked my mom the next day if she let mischief back out she gives me a werid look and says that she never let mischief in. when i told her what happened she said i must have been dreaming. i know to this day he came to say goodbye i felt his fur and felt his weight on the bed and felt blessed that this cat who seemed to hate us kids came to say goodbye to me

sorry so long!!!

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
That's a very sweet story. It does sound like he did indeed come by to say good-bye.

I caught another glimpse of phantom kitty last night again. I just saw his back end as he went through the bathroom. I don't know what it is about the bathroom :laughing:

Jim Hall
February 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
lol so what are you smoking ?

i had that in the other apt after gimpy died i would hear her in the morning and feel the bed thump like she jumped down from the window

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
:laughing: I promise, all of my drugs are of the regulated variety.

Jim Hall
February 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
well look at it this way at least you dint have to feed phantoms

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
well look at it this way at least you dint have to feed phantoms

Or clean up after them in the litter box!:D