Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some help here...

NoahGrey
January 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Ok, I am going to make peanut butter and oatmeal cookies today. I wrote all of the ingridents down, but I noticed that it says that you need an electric mixer. I don't have one of these.

Could I not just use mix everything manually? Just put everything in a huge bowl and just mix together.

I know strange question..but I am not much of a baker...but really want to make these cookies *lol*

If anyone wants the recipe, I can write it here for you. l

Melinda
January 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
its because they want the peanutbutter and flower to be "fluffy/creamy" so just make sure you really mix them well, do you have a wisk?

NoahGrey
January 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
No, I don't have a wisk...but will buy one. Thanks.

ACO22

Love4himies
January 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM
You may need to cream the butter, sugar and eggs so they don't turn out hard as rocks. I think you are going to make the cookies, make sure the butter is soft (easily spreadable) and use a good sturdy wooden spoon. Use the back of the spoon to beat against the edge of the bowl.

joeysmama
January 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
You can do them by hand but follow the advie L4H gave you. Use the sturdy spoon and make sure your ingredients are nice and soft. And think of it as a good way to tone your arms. LOL !! Spend a few extra minutes making sure it's all creamed togetehr well.

If you want to get an electric mixer though you don't need to spend a lot of money on them. I've bought the hand held ones for myself and my kids. The 10 dollar ones from the grocery store or the pharmacy work great. I have a big mixer that's better quality and I love it for big jobs, like double batches of things, 7 pound batches of mashed potatoes and that sort of thing. But for every day jobs a ten dollar mixer is all you really need.

Love4himies
January 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
We want to see pics when they are done :D

Cathy1
January 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Do you have a drill? lol. One day I went to my brothers and his mixer quit so he used the beater part on his drill. I told him it's probably just a man thing and he needed more power.:laughing:
I usually do my cookies by hand and never had any problems as long as it's mixed well.

Love4himies
January 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Do you have a drill? lol. One day I went to my brothers and his mixer quit so he used the beater part on his drill. I told him it's probably just a man thing and he needed more power.:laughing:
I usually do my cookies by hand and never had any problems as long as it's mixed well.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Sounds like a man thing.

ancientgirl
January 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
You can also use a fork. My mom used to whisk eggs whites just with a fork when making meringue. I've made peanut butter cookies before just using a good plastic spreader.

joeysmama
January 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Easiest PB cookies ever:

1 egg, slightly beaten with a fork
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients with a fork and drop by Tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. (flatten slightly but they're sticky and won't flatten like a regular cookie)

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

No muss, no fuss, hardly any cleanup !

ancientgirl
January 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Joeysmama, are those like the bar type cookies?

joeysmama
January 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
No they're more like a drop cookie. They're really quick to make and it only makes about one or one and a half sheets so you don't have a huge batch of cookies calling your name.

ancientgirl
January 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Cool. I'll have to make them at some point.

Love4himies
January 29th, 2009, 08:31 AM
How did your cookies turn out aco22?