Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thank you, 14+ kitties!!!

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM
The mailman came down to the house today with a package, and look what was inside:

Isn't that just spectacular? I'm in awe.... :cloud9:

14+, you are an artist!!! :thankyou: so much! I love it!! Can't wait to show it to hubby. :D

I wish the camera did it justice--it sort of washes out the design a bit. :frustrated: It's absolutely gorgeous in person! :flirt: :cloud9:

What a wonderful surprise!

Love4himies
January 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Awww, your pups in a window. Wonderful work, 14+ :lovestruck:, you are so talented.

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
14+ did this? A saviour and an artist - now you cannot do much better than that!

Gorgeous! You must be pleased Hazel.

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ahhh, that explains the window shot crack in the other thread. :p
I am glad you like it. Did you read the back? If you did you know why I did that one.

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'm gonna be bad and attach a pic I took of it before I sent it to Madame Hazel. :p

Ford Girl
January 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
that is beautiful!!

what is it done on?

Chris21711
January 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
You sure are a girl of many talents Gerri :thumbs up It is lovely, what kind of medium did you use?

:offtopic: You never told me you were an artist also, when you was here looking at Pepe's stuff...

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
It's just woodburning ladies. Nothing special. I did the same for Frenchy with Sam's pic and Chico with her kitties and Bailey. Hopefully will get around to a few others on this marvelous site who have befriended me. :cloud9: :p Just my small way of trying to say thanks. :o

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Oh, that's a great pic of it, 14+...still doesn't do it justice, but it's gettin' there! :D

And what do you mean 'nothing special'!?! :eek: Are you nuts, woman? It's a work of art!!!!!!!! :frustrated: I have it hanging above the computer desk temporarily while I decide where the perfect permanent spot is. :o

But I'm not getting much done cuz I keep stopping to look at it! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Just to show you what a talent this woman has, here's the picture she reproduced:

So many people mentioned that the pic should be framed that 14+ was inspired to do the woodburning. :cloud9: I'm glad she did...it's better than a framed picture :thumbs up

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Holy cow! Ok I got to get some crayons! Hazel - do you want me to send you my artistic take?

babymomma
January 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Woow 14 + its gorgous! How do you do it??

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Holy cow! Ok I got to get some crayons! Hazel - do you want me to send you my artistic take?

Sure, BenMax! :thumbs up I'd love to see it! I have my crayons ready here...should we start a contest? The best rendition done in Crayolas? :laughing:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sure, BenMax! :thumbs up I'd love to see it! I have my crayons ready here...should we start a contest? The best rendition done in Crayolas? :laughing:

You know what Hazel - I think that would be a great idea. Ok I'm in. But you must post my artwork in this thread as well ok???:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
:thumbs up

Hey, if it's really good, I'll start you your own thread :laughing:

14+, did you freehand the design or do you have some trick for transferring it? I can't stop looking at it. You've caught their expressions exactly! :cloud9:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Step aside 14+ - the Crayo Queen is going to capture something very interesting...patience....an artist is at work.

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:12 PM
sneaks in and starts sharpening her pencils, muaaaaaaah.....

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM
sneaks in and starts sharpening her pencils, muaaaaaaah.....

Chicken stratches are not permitted Aslan. muaaaaaaaaaaah......:D

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
oh oh i sense a challenge,should i tell you now or after i kick you fanny that art was my major in school, grrrrrrrr.:evil:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
oh oh i sense a challenge,should i tell you now or after i kick you fanny that art was my major in school, grrrrrrrr.:evil:

Bring it on MaMa! Oh and Aslan - we are not talking about pre-school now are we??? muaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM
nope mf right into college,teehee...ummmm Hazel, can you make a lil belle thread, can ya, can ya please...

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
nope mf right into college,teehee...ummmm Hazel, can you make a lil belle thread, can ya, can ya please...

Proofs in the pudding Girl - get crack'n.:D

chico2
January 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hazel,you must have felt as happy as me,when I got mine X-Mas eve,the best surprise ever.
14+that is almost as nice as mine,here's mine,for those who did not see it,we have a true artist among us:thumbs up

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:34 PM
14+ did that as well???

Ok how does one get onto 14+ goodie list and off her ***** list??

aslan
Proofs in the pudding Girl - get crack'n.:D

better sharpen your crayons honey, i already started.

aslan
14+ did that as well???

Ok how does one get onto 14+ goodie list and off her ***** list??

don't tell her anyone.:laughing::laughing:

14+kitties
Mmmm, now this could be interesting. I am sure one of you, or all three, will come up with a fantastic picture!!

14+, did you freehand the design or do you have some trick for transferring it? I can't stop looking at it. You've caught their expressions exactly! :cloud9:

What I do is to transfer the outlines of the pic onto wood with carbon paper. If there are large areas of shadow, etc. it is copied too. Then the rest is eyeballed.

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
better sharpen your crayons honey, i already started.

You cannot rush a TRUE artist Alsan...now let me commence my artwork..please and shhhhhhhhhhhh.

chico2
January 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Aslan and Ben Max,you two are cracking me up,I needed cracking:laughing::laughing:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Aslan and Ben Max,you two are cracking me up,I needed cracking:laughing::laughing:

Well from what I have been told Aslan's crack is bigger than mine...oops...sorry. Hey SHE started it!:D

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
:laughing::laughing: Chico2 loves me benmax so she aint gonna side with you, haha..i've let her snuggle my boys so i've already won her over.

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
:laughing::laughing: Chico2 loves me benmax so she aint gonna side with you, haha..i've let her snuggle my boys so i've already won her over.

Well I read in the bathroom wall at the truck stop (on my way to transport the dogs of course) that you will let just about anyone snuggle your 'boys' .....I bet Chico2 didn't know about that now did she??

Now let me get this outline done......yep - it is looking great!

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, feel the love!! I feel like we're back in the TJT!! :D
Chico, thank you! :o
BenMax, I don't think you are on my sh@tlist. But it also helps when people actually POST pics of their pets!! :frustrated: I like the element of surprise. I don't tell anyone who is getting a pic. :D

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Ooooo...incentive to post pics! Maybe we can convince both BenMax and Chris to post more! :D

I'm waiting anxiously for hubby to make it home so I can show him! Should be any minute now.... Of course, the day I'm impatient for him to arrive, he's late :rolleyes:

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Well I read in the bathroom wall at the truck stop (on my way to transport the dogs of course) that you will let just about anyone snuggle your 'boys' .....I bet Chico2 didn't know about that now did she??

Now let me get this outline done......yep - it is looking great!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: soooo that's where you're making your money now, the bathrooms at truck stops, tsk tsk...

14+ of course we love each other, she's my buddy.:D

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Oh, feel the love!! I feel like we're back in the TJT!! :D
Chico, thank you! :o
BenMax, I don't think you are on my sh@tlist. But it also helps when people actually POST pics of their pets!! :frustrated: I like the element of surprise. I don't tell anyone who is getting a pic. :D

So 14+ - did you so happen to 'stumble' on a pic I have of my Blu in the Siamese Breeder thread?? Just a 'suggestion' that you see how terribly beautiful he is..........ahhhhhhhh just thought you might want to know.:angel::o:):D:D:D:D

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
omg, if that isn't brown nosing it i don't know what is,,:laughing:

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
So 14+ - did you so happen to 'stumble' on a pic I have of my Blu in the Siamese Breeder thread?? Just a 'suggestion' that you see how terribly beautiful he is..........ahhhhhhhh just thought you might want to know.:angel::o:):D:D:D:D

Ha!! Actually, I did! He is gorgeous!!! Love Siamese kitties. :cloud9:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: soooo that's where you're making your money now, the bathrooms at truck stops, tsk tsk...

14+ of course we love each other, she's my buddy.:D

Indeed - as the female truckers had mentioned that they were not satisfied by some college nameless artist. Ok I am going home now...bye!

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
i didn't know bendyfoot was servicing women at truck stops, tsk tsk...

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i didn't know bendyfoot was servicing women at truck stops, tsk tsk...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ok back to my siamese cat that 14+ will create...I mean back to my artwork. Do dogs have whiskers?

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Do I have to get all the little dots? Can I add Hazel in the picture ..like trying to squeeze in between with her nose up against the glass or something?

aslan
January 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
yes they have whiskers and you can't copy 14+ art work you have to make one of your own.

angeldogs
January 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
That is beautiful work.
14+ you do amazing art work.

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
yes they have whiskers and you can't copy 14+ art work you have to make one of your own.

I can do whatever I want Aslan - you are not the boss of me!:mad: (ok you are). But from what I understand this competition to be is to use this as a base and we can enhance from there.

So let me create and stop interferring because you think you are going to throw me off of the game...it ain't happening. My crayola is creating. Now leave me in peace so I can concentrate.

Do dogs have 5 teeth? Opps that is Aslan....sorry it slipped.

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you angeldogs.

krdahmer
January 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Man another beautiful one! Nice work! :thumbs up

rainbow
January 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
OMG.....that is beautiful. :cloud9:

14+, you have such an amazing talent. :thumbs up :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
hubby loved it, too, 14+ :cloud9: Probably not as much as I do...but only cuz that's not humanly possible! :laughing: :cloud9:

I had it temporarily hanging by the computer...I'm thinking it might stay there permanently cuz it's so easy to look at up there. :D It's just so cool!!!!! :cloud9:

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks hazel! I am really glad you like it. I never know when I send them out how they will be received. Glad hubby liked it too. :thumbs up
Thanks Kelly and rainbow.:thumbs up
Ummm, how are BM's and aslan's pics coming do you think? (I just don't want to be shown up. :o) :D

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, funny how this is sort of a two-threads-in-one now, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't think theirs could hold a candle to yours, though! :D

Now tell me, honestly, have you really had anyone not like one of your woodburnings?!? :eek:

How long did this one take? The detail is fantastic! I never realized you could get that much visual dimension using a woodburner! :cloud9: Looks like it must've taken you a long time. :o

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, funny how this is sort of a two-threads-in-one now, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't think theirs could hold a candle to yours, though! :D

Now tell me, honestly, have you really had anyone not like one of your woodburnings?!? :eek:

Ummm, yes.

How long did this one take? The detail is fantastic! I never realized you could get that much visual dimension using a woodburner! :cloud9: Looks like it must've taken you a long time. :o

Start to finish with sanding and spraying, probably around 15 hours, give or take. :shrug: I don't usually keep track. A lot depends on the wood and how well it decides to co operate.
I have a parrot one here that I did probably 12 years ago that is one of my favs. It took well over 50 hours to do. Tons of detail in it.

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Really? Only 15 hours? Looks like way more than that to me. :eek: Not only do you do good work, you work fast! :D

I'd love to see the parrot piece!! You wouldn't happen to have a picture to share, would you? :o

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 11:22 PM
As a matter of fact.... :o
Sorry about the angle. It's the only way to get a picture without a glare on it.

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Oh, now I'm truly in awe!!! :eek: :eek:

That's incredibly beautiful!!!!! :flirt:

How do you get the curved lines? The few times I've tried woodburning, I did fine till I ran into the grain...and then the grain took over :rolleyes: Even when it was nearly grainless wood :shrug: So your arcs are setting my head spinning. :D

I love the depth you get in your pieces! It must take a delicate touch to get all the different shading.

onster
January 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
awww 14+ you are too sweet and seriously such a wonderful artist!

How could anyone not like your work!??!!?!?!

That parrot piece is out of this world amazing, really!

onster
January 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I keep going back to look at all the details...its gorgeous :lovestruck::cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
January 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Crayola contest for February photos--I'm in!

14+...your work is amazing! :lovestruck: Beautiful portrait of part of the pack.

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I keep going back to look at all the details...its gorgeous :lovestruck::cloud9:

I do, too! I can't imagine the patience it takes to do something like that!

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Awww gee, thanks ladies. I'm getting a swelled head here. :o
hazel - a lot of it is in the wood itself. You can't use a grainy wood or one that is too soft. The parrots are done on walnut which is really hard. Yours is done on basswood. Basswood isn't too hard but it also does not have a lot of grain in it. It still catches on occasion though. Slightly frustrating.
I only use the one tip too. I know lots of burners use more than one but I like the flow with it so stick with it. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I think I was using basswood. I was told it didn't have a lot of grain in it, but I sure ran into a lot of it! :D

I am enormously impressed, 14+, and I just can't thank you enough for giving me 15 hours of your life to create this beautiful portrait of the original Trio! :2huggers:

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Aww hazel. You are welcome. It's something I enjoy doing when I am watching TV. There's always a project on the go.
And on that note............ :sleepy:

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Sleep well! :D

rainbow
January 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
14+. as I said earlier, you have an amazing talent :thumbs up .....you should advertise your work. :goodvibes:

chico2
January 28th, 2009, 08:55 AM
14+,that parrot-thingy is just beautiful..WOW!!!
BM and Aslan are going to have to display their "art-work"in a new thread,we'll just gush over them,so they don't feel outdone,ok:laughing:

aslan
January 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
14+ since i noticed that i didn't say it earlier, your work IS absolutely gorgeous. No matter what BM or I do it will never be better, just different.

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
14+ since i noticed that i didn't say it earlier, your work IS absolutely gorgeous. No matter what BM or I do it will never be better, just different.

Thanks rainbow, chico, aslan! As for advertising my work... thinking about it. Will have to give up something else to do that though and haven't quite figured out how to do that.

I am quite sure BM and aslan will come up with something great. I am not worried. :rolleyes: Different mediums bring different end results.

aslan
January 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
do you have any fleamarkets around you 14+, take some finished work, and offer to do pet pics from a photo, etc. etc..

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
do you have any fleamarkets around you 14+, take some finished work, and offer to do pet pics from a photo, etc. etc..

I have thought of that aslan but...... find me some time. Kitties, house, work, greenhouse.........
I have things rolling around in my mind. :thumbs up

aslan
January 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
hmmmmm i might have a business idea. Grace has been bugging me for awhile to open a booth with the bootleg movies(she either wants lots of money, or me in jail). We could get some photo's of your work and put them up, and get my sis to make up flyers advertising what you can do, prices, sizes....oh oh brainstorming now....My sis who owned Desi creates web pages. can always shmooze her into making you one.:D

BenMax
January 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM

I have to agree with Aslan. I really don't think mine will even come close. I started mine but scraped it. I will try again once I am more focused as Aslan is trying very hard to distract me. Bad Aslan...bad, bad.

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
hmmmmm i might have a business idea. Grace has been bugging me for awhile to open a booth with the bootleg movies(she either wants lots of money, or me in jail). We could get some photo's of your work and put them up, and get my sis to make up flyers advertising what you can do, prices, sizes....oh oh brainstorming now....My sis who owned Desi creates web pages. can always shmooze her into making you one.:D

:eek: Grace wants to visit you in jail?!!!!! Holy crow!!
My son in law actually is an IT guy. He has told me before he would set something up for me if I decide to do something. That was for another project but we haven't got that far on it yet. I need another 10 hours in a day!!
Thanks for the ideas. I am sure we can come up with something.

I guess I forgot to add one more thing on my list of things I do....... and it's important. Pets.ca :o

aslan
January 28th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I have to agree with Aslan. I really don't think mine will even come close. I started mine but scraped it. I will try again once I am more focused as Aslan is trying very hard to distract me. Bad Aslan...bad, bad.

:2huggers::2huggers: i wont distract you anymore...

Melinda
January 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
just found this thread, you do GORGEOUS work 14+kitties....wow..just unreal

luckypenny
January 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Beautiful 14+! I think you chose the most perfect photo to work with too :cloud9:.

However distracting it may be, I think above your desk is just the right place for it, Hazel :thumbs up.

14+kitties
January 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks Melinda and LP. It's my relaxation.

chico2
January 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Aslan,I remember seeing a mural in your home,if you were the artist,I have to apologize,it was beautiful:thumbs up

aslan
January 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
no apology neccessary you had other fuzzy things to deal with. If you're talking about the dragons yup it's mine.

growler~GateKeeper
January 29th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Wow another excellent art piece 14+ :thumbs up Such a nice gesture :)

diandpat
January 29th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Oh, what a stunning piece :thumbs up And that is definitely one of my Top 5 Hazel pics too :cloud9:

Very nice job and perfect definition of a "random act of kindness" 14+!!!!!

14+kitties
January 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks growler and diandpat! Giving is definitely better than getting in my eyes. Unless it's a gift from hubby. :D

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 11:47 AM
OMG, that's beautiful! And Chico, your plaque is gorgeous as well!

14+, you did an amazing job!

angeldogs
January 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
14+ that parrot piece is amazing.like the rest i think you should sell them.set something up at home for low over head,say you make on of a cat sell for certain amout of $.and custom jobs like people sending you a picture of what they want costs a little more $

meg4050
January 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Gerri, those are absolutley gorgeous!!! :thumbs up

I remember when I was little my dad got my brother and I a little wood-burning kit...then we left it on one day in his shop and we were never allowed in there again :laughing:

otter
January 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Ack! I've not been on much and I missed out on two whole days of looking at those gorgeous works of art.. and the cutest puppies on earth :lovestruck:

Wow, Wow and more Wow!!!!:thumbs up:thumbs up

.... and now waiting to see what aslan and BenMax can cough up.....

14+kitties
January 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Awww thanks guys. :o
I am storming my brain as to how/what/costs/etc for making money on this. The biggest issues are the cost of the wood, charging for different sizes, detail, etc. Lots to think about. You'd think having Marketing as my degree I would be able to figure it out faster. :shrug:

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM
There are so many people who would love something like this. I've seen these kind of plaques sell for a lot of money. You could set yourself up with a little company and call it the Catty Inc. LOL. All the money you make from selling these you can use for the kitties out in the cattery.:D

hazelrunpack
January 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I think that's an excellent idea, 14+! :goodvibes: I'm sure you'd be able to find customers!!! I can think of eight portraits I want done, for example. :D Work up a price list... :thumbs up

clm
January 30th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I think you do stunning work and could be a hobby that pays well if you give it a shot.

Cindy

Winston
January 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hmmm maybe I could place an order for Christmas next year! 14+ absolutey gorgeous! I bet you could get lots of orders from here! :thumbs up

TeriM
January 31st, 2009, 01:35 AM
Wow, both of those works are simply stunning :cloud9:. I am very impressed :thumbs up.

14+kitties
January 31st, 2009, 06:25 AM
Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. :grouphug: