Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey there!

Finsfan74
January 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone, new to the boards but glad to be here. I have a quick question for you all. Our little girl is approaching a year old, and we have no idea what type of American she is. I was leaning toward Johnson because her legs bow out and she has those pendulum lips, but I am in no way certain. I was hoping some of you all could shed some light on it for me. Her parents were both HUGE! My mother in law has one of the sisters of our Gianna and hers looks JUST like a Pit Bull. Ours looks more "American", is it possible for them to look like COMPLETELY different types? Also, I was walking Gianna late one night and my son asked to walk her so I let him hold the leash. There were two people walking up some stairs and we didn't see them till the last minute and Gianna got in that "don't mess with us stance" and just stood there barking...she has NEVER done that before, is it because she was being protective of my little boy? She welcomes every one of my friends in the house (even though her mere presence worries them lol), but is very protective if she hears a noise. She was laying on the bed one night with my wife and son, and I startled her by walking in the bedroom and she let me know she was there with that deep bark and she stood up in her "stance". Once she realized it was me she was fine and started wagging her tail. Gianna is wonderful with our son, and she thinks she's a lap dog always being affectionate and she gets in position where she wants to lay and literally falls down without grace! Thanks for any help you could give me about her type, I sincerely appreciate it. Sorry this message turned out so long!

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Can you provide us with a picture of your 'American'?

lUvMyLaB<3
January 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM
pics? have any pics? do ya do ya? u will be pestered relentlessly..

I am pretty new to, so I dunno If I can really welcome anyone, but WELCOME! please beware.. the site and the people can be addicitng and hazordous to your free time!! :)

Finsfan74
January 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
LOL....nice to meet you both! I have a picture on my computer, and I saved it to shutterfly....is there a way to post it here? It's of my little boy laying on her ;)

Finsfan74
January 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Let's see if my picture works....cross your fingers!