Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mickey Rourke ad (Contains 'sort of' graphic wording)

marko
January 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I was hesitant to post this because of the wording so if people are offended, please let me know by PM. many thanks. Marko

http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/images/MickeyRourke-ad-UK.jpg

Jim Hall
January 27th, 2009, 09:31 AM
excellent!! ty marko

Love4himies
January 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I love it! Thanks for posting Marko.

pwrca
January 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Absolutely hits the mark, delivers the perfect message. :thumbs up If you can't be a responsible pet owner, you [U]shouldn't[:goodvibes:/U] have a pet.

marko
January 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
It's funny - we obviously try hard around here to educate people, but sometimes it takes a celeb to tell people what's right. Sad but true.
Either way good on ya Mickey for stepping up. :highfive:

Chris21711
January 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I wish more celebrities would contribute to spreading the word about responsible pet ownership :thumbs up

Melinda
January 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
he is actually devoted to his pets....good poster!

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Fan-friggen-tastic!

So Mickey - what are you doing Saturday night??

bendyfoot
January 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
:laughing:

I love it, it's great!:thumbs up

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Love it! Not crazy about the organization he is speaking for but that's another whole story. Sometimes it takes celebrities to kick start stuff. Let's hope it works! :thumbs up
And then there is Paris Hilton................. :frustrated:

JennieV
January 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Excellent poster, I wish more would do the same!

That's one thing that I would do if I was ever a celebrity - I would MAKE people aware of things they don't normally pay attention to.

:thumbs up Thank you Marko!!

cell
January 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
But isn't PETA about total animal liberation? and they believe that owning pets is like having slaves? so why would they say to neuter them when the decision to breed should be the animals decision. Society doesn't decide which people should have children, so essentially we should not dictate decisions on animals.
I digress...
GOOD message, yet another contradictory message from PETA. Wish it was the HSUS or something that had put the add out, but they don't have thousands of dollars to blow on celebrity advertising do they? The money from donations probably actually sees the animals more then the billboards....

angeldogs
January 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
:laughing:That's a good one Marko.not offended at all.glad you posted it.

krdahmer
January 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I love love love Mickey Rourke... always have... but I mean a man who wins an award and gets up in front of all those muckety mucks and thanks his dogs, here and gone.... well that is a man with his priorities straight!!! :thumbs up

Dracko
January 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I love love love Mickey Rourke... always have... but I mean a man who wins an award and gets up in front of all those muckety mucks and thanks his dogs, here and gone.... well that is a man with his priorities straight!!! :thumbs up

I saw that, too. :thumbs up

Shaykeija
January 27th, 2009, 08:47 PM
That is oK by me...:thumbs up.

Dee-O-Gee
January 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Totally---not offended :thumbs up

On another note, being a newby, I have noticed over the past few days that you have intercepted unwanted links and forums. Having noted this, I would like to say "THANK YOU" for your administration and monitoring of all the topics. It must be a time consuming procedure however; it keeps all of us members focused on what we're here for--our beloved pets.

Thank you Mr. (or Mrs.) Marko :thumbs up :thumbs up

babymomma
January 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
But isn't PETA about total animal liberation? and they believe that owning pets is like having slaves? so why would they say to neuter them when the decision to breed should be the animals decision. Society doesn't decide which people should have children, so essentially we should not dictate decisions on animals.
I digress...
GOOD message, yet another contradictory message from PETA. Wish it was the HSUS or something that had put the add out, but they don't have thousands of dollars to blow on celebrity advertising do they? The money from donations probably actually sees the animals more then the billboards....

Ugh, I dont know much about this organization,to tell you tthe truth. But i DO know i DONT like it.

lol..Marko, Its your site, you can do what you want to ! loll..

Reminds me of that song "its my Birthday and ill cry if i want to" lol..

rainbow
January 28th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Mickey Rourke tells it like it is :highfive: ......love his style. :thumbs up

babymomma
January 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM
He should have mentioned cats too. But its a start!

Love4himies
January 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
But isn't PETA about total animal liberation? and they believe that owning pets is like having slaves? from donations probably

:laughing: If that is the case, they haven't seen the life my kitties live. I am the slave to them.

otis'mom
January 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM
lol, I think its great. love it:)

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Marko, I wish more men would have the balls to neuter their dogs. I've read so many articles about men who don't want to neuter their dogs because they seem to think their dogs testicles are attached to their own!:frustrated:

chico2
January 31st, 2009, 04:46 PM
I don't stand behind PETA either,but this is Mickey Rourke and his message is great!!