It seems there are sooo many cats/dogs seriously ill:sad:
So many heartbroken owners of lost dogs/cats:sad:
Cats about to be killed for no other reason than being cats without homes:sad:
600+dogs needing rescues:sad:
Pets dying from relatively safe spay-procedures:sad:
I hope we'll get some good news soon,the animals and us are due:fingerscr

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I don't think you are over dramatizing at all chico. Unfortunately it seems that way to me too. Maybe it's the time of year. The winter always sucks. Maybe it's the fact that the plight of animals is coming more to the forefront. That may not be a totally bad thing. It seems like there are a lot more stories in the news lately. Maybe it's the pure number of BYB's and puppy mills out there that are making the issues 1000 times worse but again, the news is bringing them to the public eye. I don't know. :shrug:

Winston
January 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Chico you are so right! It has been a sad few weeks...:cry:

Its tuff to stay strong some days isnt it!

happycats
January 27th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Your right Chico, It's been very sad :cry:
I hope and pray that all the sick get well, all the lost get found, and all the"too many" get temp or foster or forever homes and peace to the families who have lost loved ones. :pray::fingerscr

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Chico2 - please read the below:

(Poem by Bob Sanders--based upon the Starfish Story which he has retold and further enhanced)

A young man was strolling along the beach

Suddenly he caught view

and compassionately saw through

further than his eye or heart could reach

helpless starfish spewed upon the beach

endless scores washed upon the shore

for the tide has receded

Now all were craving that helping hand so badly needed

multitudes snared and left behind

unsaved upon that rugged shoreline

What could the young man do--

but go for the rescue?

No more out of sight, out of mind

not this time...

Without regret or remorse

he passionately pursued what seemed right and good

with his heart tugging him upon this obvious course

to save as many as he could

His will now resigned

to save one at a time

till building in the multiplier might be more fully defined

as compassionate partners linked up and aligned

holding that line

of weaving a working net by the Captains design

Meantime.... With a frustrated glance

an old man watched from a distance

in unbelief and ridicule

Censoring the young man and judging him a fool

for he also took a stance

The way of Cain

the pathway of self-interest and self-gain

that ignores another's needs and pain

Across the scorching sand he glared

perplexed that this young man could possibly care

He crossed the gulf of indifference

and approached the young man and said,

"Are you out of your head?

Why do you go...don't you know...

there are continuous miles, and countless thousands-

starfish innumerable on these endless coastlands?

Your dream is a waste

and these lives mere throw aways!

It's a crime to squander such valuable time--

You're alive

Does it really matter if they survive?

Can't you see...

They are not your responsibility!

Return from this vanity back to reality!

Reset your priorities!

It's a futile mistake!

It’s time to awake!

And though it doesn’t matter anyway

Defend yourself...

For I need to know…

what’s your take?

What Difference Can You Possibly Make?”

Then the young man picked up a starfish and said,

It Makes A Difference To This One!

And cast It into the sea…

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Beautiful BenMax. :thumbs up

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Beautiful BenMax. :thumbs up

It keeps me going ...and going...and going. I will never give up as I know you all will not.

Cheers Chico2 - this is to give you strength and to tell you that you are appreciated. Everything that we do may not be recognized by all but is important for that certain 'one'.

Hugs:grouphug:

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hey Chico. Lots of pics posted today!! That will cheer you up! :thumbs up

chico2
January 27th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Ben Max,that was beautiful, thank you:grouphug:
It reminds me,a few years ago in Myrtle Beach,I threw back about half a dozen Jelly-fish,in to the ocean,using my flip-flops.
Hubby did not want to know me at that time:laughing:
Hopefully we will see some miracles happen this week,for all those heartbroken people and suffering animals:pray:

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Ben Max,that was beautiful, thank you:grouphug:
It reminds me,a few years ago in Myrtle Beach,I threw back about half a dozen Jelly-fish,in to the ocean,using my flip-flops.
Hubby did not want to know me at that time:laughing:
Hopefully we will see some miracles happen this week,for all those heartbroken people and suffering animals:pray:

Chico2 - let me share a little something with you.

This week has been very difficult for me. I was faced with a horrible situation in regards to a 'pitbull' type that was sentanced to death - not because of an incident but because she was born a 'type'. The owner is a wonderful person who faught so hard to keep her but sadly could not. I worked with many organizations to get this dog to safety....we did and now she is with me. We only were able to save this one - but it is better than none. Another member here (Bendyfoot) has gathered some very important information for me in order to pursue this issue and this particular case. Now it will not save all these dogs but it will save this deserving girl.

There are many rescues that are helping many animals at this time. We have taken in so many cats now but at least they are warm, nourished and vetted. We do what we can and there are so many people that help and we don't even know who they are. There are good people out there. There is hope. If not for all of them - for many.

Keep saving those jellyfish Chico2. Keep the light.

Winston
January 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Thank you Benmax for everything you do! You will be repaid for your kindness! Your right we cant save them all but any one we can save will help! The pitty law makes me so sad! Do you think they will ever change their minds on this law?

Chico! your such a good soul to save those jelly fish!

Tommysmom
January 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Chico, I know Tommy & I are some of the ones making you feel sad... what a good heart you have, to feel so much for people you have never met... I just wanted to give you a :grouphug: from us.

Winston
January 27th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Tommysmom please dont feel like it was anything you said...you know what it is? we are all loving compassionate people who TRULY love animals! it hurts no matter what way you cut the cake so to speak! There has been a lot of emotional things happening over the past while and I think some days are just harder than others here on this site ..We will have happy days again! thats for sure but I guess just not right now. :sorry

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Winston is right. It's nothing you said or did - everyone just supports one another when things are high or low. It's all good.

chico2
January 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Tommysmom,oh no ,I remember little Tommy as a puppy how much he and you had to deal with and now he's going blind,yes it upsets me,the unfairness of it all,but do not feel you need to stop writing about Tommys problem,I love that little guy and you are wonderful:grouphug:

In loving animals tears come with the territory and I wish I could do something,other than donating money and stuff
Ben Max,I don't know what i would do,if anyone would take my dog away because he is a pit-bull if I had one,I don't know how people cope.
Every time I see Michael Bryant on TV,I feel like vomiting:evil:
I don't know how he sleeps at night,knowing perfectly wonderful dogs are killed because of him,hopefully karma will catch up with him one day:fingerscr

Ben Max,for all that you do,the heartbreak over things you can do nothing about,thank you:grouphug:
Every little beating heart is worth saving,no living being is worthless,not even the feared Jelly-Fish.

BenMax
January 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Everyone here has something to offer or they do something in order to make this world a better place. People donate which helps people in rescue or shelters do a very necessary job. Without donations - animals will perish. There are others that challenge the government or legistlations. Others volunteer with their animals to enlighten someones day. Some make make-shift housing for our strays, some carpture, sterilize and release. Some 'borrow' dogs chained for years and rush them to a safe and loving place. People help others gently cross over the bridge when there is no one to help or we loose them just because....

I have met such beautiful and wonderful people in my travels. I have met people that have heart and soul. They far outweigh those that are dark and evil. When I do come across one I feel sorry for them - because I know that in their travels - they will feel the pain that they have inflicted on man and/or animal.

There is a balance in life. We are all people of 'passage'. I have met such people, and I have met some here in pets... and you are one of them.

When you get tired or depressed and your heart is heavy - please read the poem I sent you. You will find comfort and a reason.

Stay strong and keep going.:grouphug:

Tommysmom
January 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Tommysmom,oh no ,I remember little Tommy as a puppy how much he and you had to deal with and now he's going blind,yes it upsets me,the unfairness of it all,but do not feel you need to stop writing about Tommys problem,I love that little guy and you are wonderful:grouphug:

Every little beating heart is worth saving,no living being is worthless,not even the feared Jelly-Fish.

Chico,I would never think that you wanted me to be quiet, I just think you're so kind-hearted that you hurt for everybody who is hurting... and I just wanted to give you a hug. I think everybody here needs one right about now, it's been horrible times for so many :grouphug:.

krdahmer
January 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
You know, even hubby has noticed me crying a lot more than usual at the computer screen lately. Unfortunately this time of year is hard for a great many.... especially those left homeless, or ailing. Some days it's a comfort to me to know that (like say in the case of those cats being killed for no good reason) although I am far away, and may not be able to do anything to help, I can pray for them, and send my love, and I'd like to believe that somewhere in the grand scheme of things, the fact that we loved them, though never meeting them, does make a difference somehow.
I don't think any of us can read of suffering or loss and not be touched and saddened by it. We animal lovers have big hearts.... compassion and emotional outpouring (or outbursts...:rolleyes:) are just in our nature. :grouphug:

angeldogs
January 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I've noticed the samething chico and it is sad.

ancientgirl
January 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Chico, it just seems like the start of 2009 has been wrought with so many hard things to deal with.

I just hope this isn't a pattern for the year.

I hope the sick cats and dogs here get better soon.