Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy won't listen to my daughter

Mouthov
January 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

I have no problem training my puppy. She is sitting when told, potty training is off to a really good start, she is almost 4 months. We are working on the go lie down part. I have her sitting and now staying..and I am taking more steps away (have not made it around a corner though yet) but getting farther away. I find she listens to me best I did read the chihauha's tend to lean to one person...she listens to my boyfriend most of the time but seems to think my daughter is a big toy. She still nips at her just when she is walking and tries to bite her pants. She doesnt sit as well for her either, though she walks good with her for my daughter does the walking with me there but she takes the lead. I am helping her with that and she enjoys the puppy but she does not listen to her. Is there anything I can do? My daughter does all the same things I do and the correct way but still she is just a big toy.
Help and thanks

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
How old is your daughter? If she's old enough, enrolling both of them in puppy kindergarten classes might be very helpful. It will help them bond, teach your daughter how to take control, and teach your dog that your daughter is more than just a playmate :D

Mouthov
January 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM
My daughter is 10 years old. I have been showing her the same things I do but she just wants to play with her, still biting at her feet. Angel only does it to her???
I will look into those classes as well.