Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Grace - short and feisty

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Grace is our smallest. At 32 pounds, she's only about half the size of Cole.
Petite in stature she may be--but she's anything but petite in her demeanor.
She's got the biggest Alexander complex in the Pack.

She plays hard. You can hear her body slams from half-way across the yard.
And on occasion, the little darling has bounced even Bratty Brier back on his haunches and made him take evasive action.

But for today's thread, Grace condescended to sit still and pose for the camera... :D

In the snow with some buddies:

In the snow all alone (or at least alone till she chooses her next target :dog:):
47431 47430

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM
On really cold days, Grace's hind feet don't want to touch the ground.
They take turns being lifted off the ground and she dances around.
One of these days, maybe I'll get some pictures, but for now
you'll just have to take the Hazel Run Mama's word for it
that Grace doesn't like the cold much.

The World According to Grace is slightly askew.

Sometimes it leans to the right:

Sometimes it leans to the left:

Most of the time, though, it's just in your face:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 25th, 2009, 01:21 AM
:DSIZE="3"]ohhhhhh Hazel I know I told you before but you have the most beautiful dogs!! [/SIZE]:cloud9:uhmmmmm.... do you perhaps by any chance have one too many?? :Duhh.. cuz really.. if your hands are too full... ;)I really wouldn't mine taking one off your hands.. just one little doggie?..oooo i'd like one of them!.... I know u luv and luv and luv em! .........but just one little doggie?::lovestruck:

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Grace loves being cuddled, but only on her own terms.
Try to give her a hug during the day when there are scents to explore or dogs to tackle,
and she'll wiggle and squirm.

However, when it's time for naps, she becomes an exquisite cuddling machine...

But beware! If she should ever catch you on the ground, your face is doomed to a thorough chapping!!! :eek:

She is feisty but sweet, cheerful and loving.

She's our Amazing Grace.

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM
:DSIZE="3"]ohhhhhh Hazel I know I told you before but you have the most beautiful dogs!! [/SIZE]:cloud9:uhmmmmm.... do you perhaps by any chance have one too many?? :Duhh.. cuz really.. if your hands are too full... ;)I really wouldn't mine taking one off your hands.. just one little doggie?..oooo i'd like one of them!.... I know u luv and luv and luv em! .........but just one little doggie?::lovestruck:

:laughing:

We don't have any little dogs :p Guess you're outta luck! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 25th, 2009, 01:34 AM
That Grace is a cute busybody :laughing: Love the "Most of the time, though, it's just in your face" pic :D

Here's a video link of the Fiesty Grrl playing w/Brier: Grace and Brier at play 8-22-07 (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1004299/3796948)

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:40 AM
She's an equal-opportunity player...even the King condescends to play with Grace now and then. But her best play buddy is Brier :D They are our most recent additions and were both rescued by the same person--so they knew each other before they came here. Grace was the last to arrive at Hazel Run and you could see the delight on her face when she recognized Brier. :cloud9:

And then the wrasslin' started, which pretty much continues to this day. :dog: Where do they get their energy and is there any left over for tired ol' hazel? :laughing:

diandpat
January 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
OMG "leaning the to left" :laughing::laughing::laughing: That is just too sweet.

Hazel, I echo everyone's sentiments...I LOVE your dogs. All too cute :cloud9:

Diamondsmum
January 25th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Ohhh Hazel grace is such as beauty as well:cloud9:

They all are I love her in the kissing pic

14+kitties
January 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Amazing Grace is a little sweetie! :cloud9: Well, they all are. Being the smallest doesn't mean being the weakest. :rolleyes: She showed her superior strength from day one. :thumbs up Sweet pics! Love the face exfoliator!

Ford Girl
January 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Grace really is amazing, she's too cute. :lovestruck: I like the fiesty ones!! :crazy:

The left and right leans cracks me up.

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks, guys. :o Grace loves all the compliments...I read each one to her and get a little kissie in return :cloud9:...so keep them coming! :laughing:

They all are I love her in the kissing pic

It turns out it's really hard to take a picture of yourself cuddling with a dog...that was one of about two dozen that I snapped that night! :rolleyes:

Amazing Grace is a little sweetie! :cloud9: Well, they all are. Being the smallest doesn't mean being the weakest. :rolleyes: She showed her superior strength from day one. :thumbs up Sweet pics! Love the face exfoliator!

Yes, she's one half of hazel's skin-care regimen :laughing:

And she certainly is the most determined of all the dogs--which makes up for small size. :D

The left and right leans cracks me up.

OMG "leaning the to left" :laughing::laughing::laughing: That is just too sweet.

We think she gets the leaning from her Uncle, Sheriff Cole. Here's a picture of the Sheriff in his pre-Hazel Run days:

Whaddya think? Could it be a family trait? :laughing:

diandpat
January 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
We think she gets the leaning from her Uncle, Sheriff Cole. Here's a picture of the Sheriff in his pre-Hazel Run days:

OMG that is too funny. My dogs only lean like that if you are petting a good spot on the other side ;)

Definite family trait :laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
January 25th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Aww, Gracie is a sweetie. I like those leaning pictures.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I really am so glad that we ended up with her. She was our one and only 'foster'. By the end of the first night I was pretty sure I couldn't part with her...hubby, too...but neither hubby nor I knew how the other felt and were scared to mention it to each other for another 3 days. :o

When we told the woman we were fostering for she just laughed and asked what took us so long! :laughing: We're pretty transparent, I guess...just a coupla ol' softies... :o

angeldogs
January 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Oh love the last pic of her.:cloud9::lovestruck:.and the pic of cole as a puppy.

Mat&Murph
January 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Aww Grace is sooo sweet and loveable!!! :lovestruck: Cole puppy pic :cloud9: Just way too cute

luckypenny
January 25th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I love Grace's squinty-eyes..."Watch out, I'm comin' for ya next" :D.

My favorites are the ones with the two of you cuddling :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Cole was reportedly a real delinquent when he was that age! :laughing: The hellions always seem to turn out the sweetest in the end.

Not sure if Grace was a :evil: puppy or not, but she sure did turn out sweet in the end. :cloud9:

LP, she's saving you a cuddle :dog:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
thats ok!! a big one ok too!!!! soooo pretty.... I can borrow one?? ( and not give back?):cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Nope. :p They have duties here....patrolling...face exfoliation...cuddling...keeping mom and dad warm at night... They're way too busy to go a'visitin'. :D

TeriM
January 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
The World According to Grace is slightly askew.

Sometimes it leans to the right:

Sometimes it leans to the left:

Its that darn halo that just doesn't want to stay centered :laughing:. I love her happy face :lovestruck:.

Grace sounds like Riley with the cuddles. When he is busy it reminds me of a kid on the schoolyard who doesn't want the others to see his mom give him a kiss. But relaxed at home he is a super suck :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Riley and Grace do seem pretty similar :laughing: That's exactly the impression she gives!

So you think she might be balancing her halo, eh? :D Could very well be, cuz she is Mummy's sweet lil :angel:...

growler~GateKeeper
January 26th, 2009, 03:01 AM
We think she gets the leaning from her Uncle, Sheriff Cole.

Awwww :lovestruck: Coley Puppy :lovestruck: Yup looks like a family trait :D but one that is not limited to blood relations :D :

...and King Ember's world-renowned 'Leaning Snooze'

Chris21711
January 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
If Grace is the smallest, how come it takes just as long for her pics to come in :laughing: She truly has a glint in her eye Hazel, as if she is thinking "mmm who can I target next"....she purrty :cloud9:

BTW - Nice Video Hazel :frustrated::laughing:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 26th, 2009, 12:17 PM
thats funny heehee.. your children are beautiful! I shall add them to the list of dogs that I want to own one day.. I think I only have about 200 kinds of dogs on that list anyway, I am sure I can accompish that in this lifetime!

krdahmer
January 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Oh oh oh... in your face Grace!!! Toooooo cute!!! (I love that shot!) And a bonus puppy pic to boot!:cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9: Such a lovely little lady!

chico2
January 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hazel,they all are such beauties,little Grace ,of course very special,a tiny girl with an attitude towards the bigger pups:lovestruck:
Did you have any of your 8 dogs as puppies,or are they all rescues??
Cole as a wee pup is adorable:lovestruck::lovestruck:
Growler,thank's for the videos,I had to watch all of them over again,amazing pups!!

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'd forgotten about Ember's leaning snooze, growler! :laughing:

If Grace is the smallest, how come it takes just as long for her pics to come in :laughing:

She's small but very dense :laugh: :p

BTW - Nice Video Hazel :frustrated::laughing:

I hear ya--I can't view them once they're uploaded, either. :o

Oh oh oh... in your face Grace!!! Toooooo cute!!! (I love that shot!) And a bonus puppy pic to boot!:cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9: Such a lovely little lady!

Aw, thanks, kr! You'll have a hard time convincing us that she's a lady, though. She's a hard-hitting dynamo and one of the biggest tomboys around... :D

Hazel,they all are such beauties,little Grace ,of course very special,a tiny girl with an attitude towards the bigger pups:lovestruck:
Did you have any of your 8 dogs as puppies,or are they all rescues??

Ember and Cole were are only wee puppies...and Cole wasn't that young--he was about 16 weeks if I'm remembering right. Brier was 6 mos of age; Cass was 9 mos; Ridge and Macie were about 18 mos; Lil Belle (Ember's sis) and Grace were 2 when they arrived. Brier, Macie, Lil Belle and Grace were rescues...

LML, English Setters are lovely house dogs, but as with all hunting dogs, need quite a lot of exercise (at least till they grow up and become couch potatoes) and a fair amount of grooming...else you'll have hairballs in the house up to your armpits... Like hazel! :laughing:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM
they are so beautiful though Hazel I mean truly! I have a lab now, ahe get lots and lots of excersize! and my shihtzu needs lotsa groomin! so I can be practising for the day I can have one!! YAY!! but that'll proly never happen cuz when the time comes for a dog, I go to the pound and they pick me, but thats good too! I'll just daydream about owning one lie yours!!! ( wanna share one with me yet??.. just askin..just in case... :) )

rainbow
January 26th, 2009, 11:37 PM
She has such a mischievious look in the second pic. :evil:

But what a beautiful girl she is. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Outside, Grace is the epitome of mischief. :rolleyes: Always looking for a new target...or poop to eat :eeew:

But inside, although she enjoys the occasional bout of head-wrasslin', she's perfectly trustworthy. Not destructive. Well behaved. Doesn't even bark much inside. :thumbs up

She's a little sweetheart :lovestruck:

Love4himies
January 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Maybe one day there will be an English setter waiting for you at the shelter, luvmylab! Keep your eyes open :D.

I know what you mean about Hazel's dogs being so beautiful :cloud9: :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks L4H.

And no, LML, I'm still not sharin'....leastwise not physically. :D They're mine, all mine I tell ya!! :laughing:

ya, I know...that madame hazel is such a selfish so-and-so... :p ...but at least she posts pics :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 4th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Here's the newest Gracie video it's loud & barky :D :

Feisty Grace (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4407767/11821072)

rainbow
February 4th, 2009, 01:18 AM
LOL ....too cute, I loved it. :cloud9:

Is that Cole that does the "butt whacks"? :D ......Logan has that technique perfected. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
February 4th, 2009, 02:17 AM
That's Brier :crazy: :laughing:

rainbow
February 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM
That's Brier :crazy: :laughing:

Ooooops .....well he's the Sheriff wannabee so he needs to prove how tough he is. :D

Luvmypitgirls
February 4th, 2009, 12:41 PM
:eek: She's so pretty!

For a moment I found myself contemplating dognapping Cole and Grace...;););)

Kato could always use another buddy and another girlfriend!:D

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yep, that's Brier demonstrating the butt-whapping. It's his signature move! :laughing: He and Logan should get together--they could exchange tips! :D

LMP, Cole would never give up his girls, here, so if you start dognapping, make sure you bring a large vehicle :p

rainbow
February 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yep, that's Brier demonstrating the butt-whapping. It's his signature move! :laughing: He and Logan should get together--they could exchange tips! :D

LOL, I'm sure Logan would love that :goodvibes: .....Chase isn't a good body slammer at all. :D

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM
We don't have any other good butt-whappers here, but Grace is a fine body slammer! :D She's so little that you'd think she'd just bounce off, but she has been known to knock the boys back on their haunches! :dog:

So when Brier and Logan get together, we'll have to remember to get Grace in on the fun, too! :thumbs up

Frenchy
February 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Most of the time, though, it's just in your face:

Grace can be in my face anytime :lovestruck: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Come to visit and you'll have your wish, Frenchy! :D Plus 7 others all getting in your face... :p

Frenchy
February 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Come to visit and you'll have your wish, Frenchy! :D Plus 7 others all getting in your face... :p

setter slober :cloud9:

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
so beautiful i love her coloring and she has the look of come and get me i dare you. love the leaning pics too i do think she's trying to keep that halo over her head :D:laughing:

allymack
February 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM
aw gracie is adorable. i love the one of her being 'in your face' its a very smoochable picture:cloud9::lovestruck:

angeldogs
February 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
You can really see a size differance to the rest of the pack.she sure is feisty.

just looking back at the pics and love that stare she has picking out who she is going to get next.

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
It's so funny taking pics of the Pack playing and noticing after the fact that Grace is in almost every one of them, somewhere within the perimeter of the action, scruffing another dog or just pokin' her nose in to bark! :dog: Size is no object to Grace! :laughing: Out in the yard, she's :evil: incarnate; in the house, on your lap, she's :angel:ic... :cloud9:

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM
She is still in the weight catagory for being a good lap dog.

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
She's actually the smallest lap dog we've ever had, angeldogs. :o All of our dogs end up as lap dogs...no matter how big...so we try to limit them to 65 pounds and under! :laughing:

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 08:34 PM
:laughing:65 lbs and under makes the best lap dogs for sure.anything heavier can cut the blood flow in the legs or bend you in half if your laying down.Jag being over 90lbs does this.even though it's nice and he's enjoying it.after awhile you can feel the blood slowing down.

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Whoa!! :eek: I didn't realize Jag was that big!!! Owie! :laughing: Yep, you'd definitely notice that lap dog! :p

angeldogs
February 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Whoa!! :eek: I didn't realize Jag was that big!!! Owie! :laughing: Yep, you'd definitely notice that lap dog! :p

Yep he's a big boy indeed.