Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

8 more cats to be euthanized...please help

Pages : [1] 2 3

cpietra16
January 25th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hi Guys, my cousin works in the industrial part of Lachine, (Montreal) and has been looking after a few generations of cats who have at one point or another been dumped. Everyone who worked in her building would help as much as possible, especially in the winter months. Many workers now have +2 cats :). Hard to say no to a helpless stray:D Anyway, she has a new boss who can't stand cats and last month called the city of Lachine and asked them to get rid of all the cats. The city has captured around 8-9 cats, including 2 pregnant mom...all killed. The remaining cats have been trapped but let go by employees. They can't keep doing this and are now asking for anyone who may want to foster them or adopt them..they are desperate and willing to travel to find new homes. I will have pictures of them soon. Some are definately house cats as they are way too friendly, and some are wilder. The city workers told them that they would be taken to the SPCA and not killed, but when my cousin called, the SPCA had no idea of what she was talking about......I know everyone on this board has more than their fair share of cats...including me...but I may be able to take in 2 ( one is a tiny baby, who keeps going in the trap but is not heavy enough to trigger the door, so she keeps getting the food and never caught)...the other has been trapped 2x but as soon as they transfer him from the trap to another carrier, he runs off...very lucky guy:D)...anyway can anyone help.....please. the traps are very small and they are left oustside until someone calls them to tell them a cat is in the trap....I'm afraid that a cat may get in during the wekend andleft there without any protection from the cold....the traps are so tiny that once in the cat can not move at all.....:sad:

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 12:31 AM
That's awful :sad: I wish I could help...

:goodvibes: for finding foster or adoptive homes for these poor kitties. :fingerscr

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Can anyone help?

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Who is contracted in this area? If BB - then the cats are euthanized. If MSPCA then they stand a chance.

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 11:06 AM
If there is any organization that is in Ontario that is interested - I will arrange for transport out of province. I can do this.

If someone can help out then I will do whatever it takes to get them to you.

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
OMG, Benmax, I just pm'd you. As for who is contracted..The men that come were the City of Lachine logos...so I beleive they are killed. They tols my cousint hat they don't kill, but take them to the SPCA...The SPCA isn't aware of anything, so My feeling is they have destroyes the 8 cats that they captured, including the 2 very pregnant moms. I suggested catch and release, but the boss does not want any cats near his building. My cousin feels very guilty bacause she and her co-workers have been feeding them and hiding them in the warehouse ( only on cold winter days) over the last 6 years. Anyway, I am her last resort. So thank-you a million times over. Thank-you for trying. Even if you can't hlep I appreciate your help. Thank-you

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
This is very distressing. I wish there was more that I could do however everywhere is completely booked with unwanted cats. I truly believe that the best option is taking them to the MSPCA. I do know that the ferals will be euthanized.

Listen - if you catch kittens let me know. There is an organization that does take feral kittens or non-feral however I cannot disclose this information because they will get flooded with requests. This is the best I can do for now. Even at that I will have to be sneaky just to get them to take....but I will do it if it means saving their lives.

Is there any cats that are friendly?

BTW - I did NOT get your PM. Please re-send.

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
OMG, Benmax, I just pm'd you. As for who is contracted..The men that come were the City of Lachine logos...so I beleive they are killed. They tols my cousint hat they don't kill, but take them to the SPCA...The SPCA isn't aware of anything, so My feeling is they have destroyes the 8 cats that they captured, including the 2 very pregnant moms. I suggested catch and release, but the boss does not want any cats near his building. My cousin feels very guilty bacause she and her co-workers have been feeding them and hiding them in the warehouse ( only on cold winter days) over the last 6 years. Anyway, I am her last resort. So thank-you a million times over. Thank-you for trying. Even if you can't hlep I appreciate your help. Thank-you

Ok something is worrisome here. Contact the city immediately and find out if these city people are authorized to take cats and find out where they are going. Something is terribly wrong. Do not let this go. Insist on knowing where these cats are.

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I resend the pm....My cousin said that most of the cats are aproachable. Most of the kittens and pregnat moms were the first to get caught...the food was too enticing for them to ignore.:sad:
There are 8 left. 2 are definately recent house cats....way too friendly.

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Have you tried rescue groups? Do you have friends or family that can foster until adopted?

Still did not get your PM.

What about the city of Lachine? Did they tell you where those cats are??

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
She called all the rescues in the area and are all full. No Room. I told her that I may take 2....but I have 5 already and 2 are still pretty feral. I am trying to find freinds...except that my freinds all have more than 2 cats already. I just wantt o buy them some time and hopefully a new lease on life. The city is not too co-operative with info. They were asked buy a tax paying company to ger ris of these felines and that is what they will do:wall::evil: My cousin and some of her freinds are willing to travel to get them to a safe haven

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 01:48 PM
She called all the rescues in the area and are all full. No Room. I told her that I may take 2....but I have 5 already and 2 are still pretty feral. I am trying to find freinds...except that my freinds all have more than 2 cats already. I just wantt o buy them some time and hopefully a new lease on life. The city is not too co-operative with info. They were asked buy a tax paying company to ger ris of these felines and that is what they will do:wall::evil: My cousin and some of her freinds are willing to travel to get them to a safe haven

Ok do not settle for this answer. If a company was hired that is fine but they are obliged to tell you where they are going. Tell them you will contact the media if they refuse to give the information or contact your major. It is your right as a citizen to know.

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
It wasn't a company. The people who came were wearing a coat with the logo of the city. They are telling her her what she wants to hear...except it doens't make any sense...not sure where they take the cats or who euthanizes them

krdahmer
January 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
:sad: This sounds awful. I hope you are able to find some answers and save the kitties that are left, being so far away, I am sending all my :pray: that the others are saved from the fate of those others already caught.

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks krdahmer, if you know anyone who is from the ontario area...We will do everything to try and save them even if we need to transport them to Ontario....they were all house pets at one point. They are pretty freindly. Some have been around for a while and have reverted back to their feral instinct though....I just want to save them from an untimely death...

chico2
January 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
cpietra,I wish I could help:sad:
I suspect these city-workers might have just dumped the cats somewhere far enough so they won't come back.:cry:
The City is not going to pay to have them euthanized..
I feel for your friend and her/his co-workers,they must be devastated and I imagine having to work for such a heartless person:evil:
These city-workers would take these poor cats over my dead body,but it's easy for me to say,I am no help:sad:
:pray:there somehow is a solution:fingerscr

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
cpietra,I wish I could help:sad:
I suspect these city-workers might have just dumped the cats somewhere far enough so they won't come back.:cry:
The City is not going to pay to have them euthanized..
I feel for your friend and her/his co-workers,they must be devastated and I imagine having to work for such a heartless person:evil:
These city-workers would take these poor cats over my dead body,but it's easy for me to say,I am no help:sad:
:pray:there somehow is a solution:fingerscr

Chico2 - they can have a contract with a pound such as AMR, Berger friggen Blanc or any other animal control. The city would absolutely pay. This is why it is important that this information comes to the forefront. If the animals are being destroyed we should be absolutely asking who is doing it - from there I can tell how it's being done....(not pretty).

Please push the city to advise you on who is doing this and where they are going. They cannot NOT tell you. They must.

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks Chico...the works are heart broken. Theyall have been feeding them and sneaking them in when it is -25 degrees outside. I know my cousin just about broke down when she watched them take away the 8 cats. She had named each and every one of them. She said that they were all staring at her as if to ask for help....not sure what was going on. Anyway now she is desperate to help the remaining cats...she does not want them to have the same fate....ofcourse having said this, I'm sure alot of people here are saying that they've heard this story a million times....and I being one of them...but I can't turn my back on these sweet creatures that did nothing wrong but be born and adopted by the wrong people. Enough blabbing....i am heartbroken

chico2
January 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Ben Max,I am sorry to be so ignorant,thank you for correcting me.:cat:

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Benmax..maybe we are asking the wrong people, but so far no one seems to care or want to talk...they all seem to know nothing and keep passing us from one person to another....very frustrating. I'll get to the bottom of this tomorrow. I am not a citizen of Lachine, but I will tell them that I have some strays and wantt o know what the processis and what they do with them after they are caught.

BenMax
January 26th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Ben Max,I am sorry to be so ignorant,thank you for correcting me.:cat:

Oh gosh Chico2 - you are anything but ignorant. Please do not take what I wrote as being disrespectful in anyway. Sorry if I came across as such.

chico2
January 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
cpietra,I know you are heartbroken,that's just the kind of person you are,:fingerscrthat somehow these remaining kitties will be saved:pray:

Tandkchoate
January 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
so sorry, I live in the US and I have 3 acres of land-- we only have one outdoor kitty (he sleeps in the hay in the barn-- i would take one or two, but I have no way of getting them)

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
thank-you Tandkchoate, I appreciate your help....can anyone help with the transportation to the US:D:rolleyes:. Too bad you live so far away....but thanks all the same.

Winston
January 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cpietra16 I am so sorry you have to go through this. I will keep my ears open and let you know. I dont really know anyone other than the SPCA that may help you out?? But I am here in Hamilton...and there are so many here too! Your friends should know they will be reapid someday for their kindness! those kittys may never have had a chance without someone like that feeding them and giving them some warmth on those cold nights..they were truly blessed to have known someone like that!

My heart goes out to you!

Cindy

catsgowayback
January 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I'm no expert, but I think that there must be a few animal shelters or humane society that these cats can be taken to. Instead of releasing them when they are caught, could you not take them to a shelter. I have rescued 2,10 week old kittens, and 2 older cats in the last month, and kept one of them.

good luck
and to He__ with the employer

cpietra16
January 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
catsgowayback, when I said catch and release, I meant spay /neuture, then relaese which is better than killing them. If everyone worked on this, instead of killing them off ( which does not end the problem of strays)there would be a less problem with ferals in the long run. We all need to neuture/spay our cats/dogs.But this is my 2 cents

COCO350
January 26th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I too, live on a farm, we have 5 cats in the barn (heated) people just abandoned them, they are well taken care of and well fed...if you need help pm me. It could buy some time. I live on the south shore of montreal, near Boucherville/Ste-Julie.

Corinne

Love4himies
January 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks Chico...the works are heart broken. Theyall have been feeding them and sneaking them in when it is -25 degrees outside. I know my cousin just about broke down when she watched them take away the 8 cats. She had named each and every one of them. She said that they were all staring at her as if to ask for help....not sure what was going on. Anyway now she is desperate to help the remaining cats...she does not want them to have the same fate....ofcourse having said this, I'm sure alot of people here are saying that they've heard this story a million times....and I being one of them...but I can't turn my back on these sweet creatures that did nothing wrong but be born and adopted by the wrong people. Enough blabbing....i am heartbroken

:cry::cry: My heart goes out to those kitties and your cousin. I wish I had room for even one.

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
COCO350 - thanks for stepping up. Believe me, if I could I would be helping. I am at my limit as far as taking more and housing. I just have no more room at the moment.
Let's hope this works out.
What is the chance of getting a story in the paper about these cats? Get it out to the public. I know you would have to do it in a way that it does not implicate the owner of the factory but it may help. They do the human interest stories here occasionally. It usually garners some results. :shrug:

cpietra16
January 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM
14+, the problem is that this is not an original story...there are lots of similar stories all over. I know many people who have built shelters in their own area just to house abandoned cats...its just all too familiar and very sad.

Thanks COCO350. I will pm you. I need all the help i can get right now.

COCO350
January 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM
At the moment, all I can do is offer some place warm for the kitties, the cats in the barn are not yet neutered ( still looking for a vet that will do it for less than 200 :frustrated:)

poodletalk
January 27th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Cpetria16, I know of a lady who's fighting with Lachine for better dog laws in that area. Maybe she would know where the cats would be taken.Would you like me to ask for you?

cpietra16
January 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Poodletalk...yesyesyes...please......and I will pm you . If you want to call me that would be great. There's not much time left. Thank-you

cpietra16
January 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Just an update on the cats....My cousin told me that the last group of cats (5in total) were taken on the 19 of January and 7 cats were taken before Christmas.....now she has 8 left and her boss is willing to give me a week or he calls the City.....thanks gfro all who have helped and are helping

Chris21711
January 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hopefully something can be arranged :pray:

14+kitties
January 27th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed as well.

BenMax
January 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I found out that the city of Lachine has a pound. Controle Animale Principals. If you are interested, I also have their phone number.

I did not know that they had a pound there. Lord have merci!

BenMax
January 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I don't think that they will sell to labs Chico2. I am going to do a little digging to find out where this pound it....maybe I can work out a deal with them.:shrug:

cpietra16
January 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hi huys, with the help of some super hero's on this board, I found out who takes the cats, where they go and what happens to them...none of it pretty. Anyway i may not be able to save the others but I will try and make sure these 8 have a better future....right now I will need fosters incase we can get all 8 on Sunday. which I beleive I can. My cousin assures me that they know her very well and she will be able to get close enough to all of them. But ofcourse cats have their own way of thinking...I will Pm some of you who have helped and who are willing to lend a hand....thank-you...I'll keep you posted and when I get pics I will make sure to put them up.

chico2
January 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
cpietra,if you get pics,please just post pics of the ones that are still there,not the ones who's lives had a terrible ending:sad:
If anyone here is helping out,thank you very much:grouphug:
I would too,however my crazy Rocky would kill me(literally)if I had a strange cat in the house:sad:

BenMax
January 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
The only thing I can do is take a feral kitten or not a feral kitten. I will ask a vet clinic if they can take one or two friendly cats for adoption. It's about all I can offer. I am sorry.:sad:

cpietra16
January 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Its Ok Benmax...don't feel bad. I know when someone on the board need a safe haven for a pet ..I can't always help either....I just need people to tell a friend who will then tell another freind....and so on....:)

cpietra16
January 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
bythe way....Benmax...I pm'd you...I hope you get this one..

BenMax
January 29th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Will you be willing to write your concerns about this matter along with abandoned cats that are found outside in this weather? If so, let me know. I may have a contact that will take an interest.

PM me.

cpietra16
January 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Ok we will be having the round up party this Sunday at 8:00am. If anyone would liek to join...please feel free and join. I am stilllooking for carriers to pu them in. we are stilllooking for foster homes....we have a pregnant mom who will be having her babies very soon and a small baby who lost her mom and brothers inthe last cull. Please pm me for more details....everyone is welcome...:pray:

BenMax
January 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Please check your PM. Thanks.

cpietra16
January 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hands up for anyone who wants to foster or knows anyone who can foster...:fingerscr:cry::flirt:

chico2
January 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
L4H,luvs moms and babies;)but I should not speak for her,should I:laughing:
I hope you get a lot of people helping out,with carriers,wish I could be there:sad:
The tiny babies,will they survive??
I don't know if I could work for a boss as cruel as leaving babies without their mom,what a loser and jerk:evil:

Love4himies
January 30th, 2009, 07:54 AM
L4H,luvs moms and babies;)but I should not speak for her,should I:laughing:
I hope you get a lot of people helping out,with carriers,wish I could be there:sad:
The tiny babies,will they survive??
I don't know if I could work for a boss as cruel as leaving babies without their mom,what a loser and jerk:evil:

I already pm'd her ;) Could be a logistics issue as I am about 2 hours away but am willing to pick up the momma to foster until the kittens are old enough to adopt out. I will also take any babies that need to be fostered. Unfortunately with Jasper, he will spray if there is another male around and Sweet Pea is just, well, not so sweet to other adult cats.

Chris21711
January 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I already pm'd her ;) Could be a logistics issue as I am about 2 hours away but am willing to pick up the momma to foster until the kittens are old enough to adopt out. I will also take any babies that need to be fostered. Unfortunately with Jasper, he will spray if there is another male around and Sweet Pea is just, well, not so sweet to other adult cats.

So nice of you to step upto the plate L4H :thumbs up

Love4himies
January 30th, 2009, 10:06 AM
So nice of you to step upto the plate L4H :thumbs up

Thank you Chris. Just breaks my heart when I hear about all the homeless pets :sad:. I wish I could rescue them all.

Chris21711
January 30th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thank you Chris. Just breaks my heart when I hear about all the homeless pets :sad:. I wish I could rescue them all.

Me too. The need is so neverending :sad:

NoahGrey
January 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for trying to help these little guys. I hate when people can just totally disreguard a animals life.

I know that there was a post above that mentioned that these city people might possibly be sending them to research. I know that people don't want to hear this...but it might be possible.

I know here, ALL city run shelters can send the animals in the shelter for research. it is depressing. I am assuming that since it is City that deals with Animal Control? Since, it is the city that they are calling to "get rid" of these cats. Most City Animal Control's have their own City run shelter.

Also, These City workers can not just euth right away. There are laws that you have to hold a stray for a number of X days. Plus, what if these cats have a chip in them? Or a lost report was taken on them.

This story just seems fishy too me. I would try and find out more information on these guys. Ask for some ID next time they come around.

Do you know if this is a trapping company? Also, if they lend out a trap, the individual and trapping company have to monitor the trap. Again I would look into these guys with the white jackets.

ACO22

cpietra16
January 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM
ACO22, They are not a company. These people have a city logo and I know that the cats are taken to their warehouse until they get them their final destination....:sad:

NoahGrey
January 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
ACO22, They are not a company. These people have a city logo and I know that the cats are taken to their warehouse until they get them their final destination....:sad:

So they are taken to a shelter, where they can be adopted? Are they Animal Control? What? Sounds fishy to me.

ACO22

cpietra16
January 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately they are taken to be euthanized...the contractor gets paid per cat euthanized...its all about money...but I also found out that if there is a feral cat that is very freindly, and young they may try to adopt it out...

chico2
January 30th, 2009, 04:42 PM
ACO,when I was talking about research-labs,it was totally unrelated to this thread,posted by mistake,so I deleted it.

L4H,one day,I just have to meet you and Jasper,thank you for being who you are:angel2:

cpietra,that is just horrible,but if some are feral,many shelters would probably do the same,or spay/neuter release them.
Since the evil"boss"does not want them back,that would not be an option,,,,poor little cats.

cpietra16
January 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
for those who live in montreal and would like to come on sunday morning, please pm me and I will give you the address...for those who would like to lend their carrier,,,,pm me too. :) I am starting to feel like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible....

chico2
January 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM
cpietra,are any of the workers not willing to help out???
Would HS not be able to give you those box-carriers they give to adopters?
Hope you get some help,it's a life-saving mission:fingerscrbut Mission Impossible for one person!

Love4himies
January 31st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Good luck tomorrow, cpietra :goodvibes:

COCO350
January 31st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Good luck tomorrow, hope everything goes well! I'll be in the barn most of the day, I dont think you will have a hard time spotting me, I'll be the girl that looks like she doesn't belong on a farm:)

Looking forward to helping some kitties:thumbs up

Corinne

krdahmer
January 31st, 2009, 07:12 PM
Good luck tomorrow! :goodvibes: :pray: that you can get all those kitties! :fingerscr

chico2
February 1st, 2009, 08:24 AM
COCO,great of you to help out:thumbs up
:fingerscr:fingerscrthat cpietra got some help and all goes well:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
Good luck today! :goodvibes: :fingerscr

COCO350
February 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Any news yet from cpietra??

chico2
February 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM
cpietra got 2 of the kitties,the others got a little skittish from all the people there.
Apparently the "boss" will give them more time,has even agreed to keep some kitties,as long as they are spayed/neutered so that's good news:thumbs up
cpietra will update you herself once she gets back home:cat:

cpietra16
February 1st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hi CHico, Thanks for filling them all in. We actually got 3 cats, but the third little one actually weaseled himself out of the trap....I think the trap was defective. We did get 2; 1 went to the SPCA and will be tracked and cared for a very trustworthy new friend...I hope she feels that way about me:)
The other one is with me...under my bed. SO I guess I will have a bed mate for a few days. Whe we got there and my cousin showed up we saw 6 of the cats waiting on the other side of the door. She is the only one that feeds them and they do not fear her at all. Today they felt something was not right because they were not letting her anywhere near them. I actually saw how much they trust her so she will keep the traps and keep food in there. She will place a rock so that they can not trigger the trap...eventually they will not be afraid of going in and eating in there....next week I will go backand she will remove the rock.Once in the trap door comes down...now it sounds very smart but today we were outsmarted and made fools of by felines....thats right little creatures in fur coats:). I will be putting up the pics in a few minutes. Thank you all for your help and kindness...I would not have been able to to this on my own.

14+kitties
February 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM
:thumbs up Good going! Not bad for being scared. :highfive: Did you get the pregnant one? :fingerscr
I have thought of you guys off and on all day. Hoping things were going well. I only wish I were closer to help but, as the crow flies, we are somewhere around 10 hours away. :sad:

cpietra16
February 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
the first on is the house cat that loves everyone. The other is very aweet. She let me pet her and look inside her mouth ( a few times) without ever a growl or bite)...both of these cats a very adoptable....

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2009, 06:44 PM
I'm so glad you were able to catch at least a couple! And that the boss is giving you more time! :highfive:

:goodvibes: that the remaining kitties become accustomed to eating in the trap and you can get them next weekend! :fingerscr

14+kitties
February 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
They are so sweet. Congrats again!!

krdahmer
February 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Great job!!! Congrats... hope it goes better next time and you are able to get the rest! :goodvibes:

rainbow
February 2nd, 2009, 12:44 AM
I have been watching this thread but haven't replied since I am so far away from you all. :sad:

Glad that you have two of them and they are both totally gorgeous. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Good luck with getting the rest of them. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
February 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
cpietra16 :thankyou: so much for helping these little ones :grouphug:

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for nabbing the remaining ones

Love4himies
February 2nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
Great job, cpietra. I am so glad the boss is allowing more time to get the kitties :thumbs up.

chico2
February 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
cpietra,we all know how smart these little guys can be:cat:they always know when changes are about to happen.
The 2 girls are really sweet,hope they are not preggers:fingerscrand you're right,they are probably very adoptable:fingerscr
Thank's cpietra:grouphug:

Chris21711
February 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Both of them are so pretty :cloud9: Which one do you have at your house?

Great Job you and your friends did this weekend Cpietra :thumbs up, good vibes in being able to get the remainder

COCO350
February 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Good news!! you managed to save 2 lives and probably more next week... they are beautiful!:thumbs up

cpietra16
February 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
I have the second cat staying with me..who is now named Angel....she is the second one in the picture.
As an update. The first cat who went to the SPCA did very very well. She was handled without an problems...she'll be a great kitty. She was never ment to live in a warehouse...to beneath her ranking....hehehe.
Angel did well under my bed last night. She started crying around 3 in the morning and she was scratching at the window...she wanted to go outside...I tried to calm her but she still cried..I realised this morning that she wanted out becasue she wanted to go to the bathroom...she peed on my bookbag instead...I guess I will have to teach her about the litter...she is great. I replaced my bookbag with the litter box so that I hope she uses that tonight. I need the cat whisperer to coax her out...you know who you are:) I would like ot get her to the SPCA soon so that she can get proper care and finda home to call her own.

BenMax
February 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
You are good people! :angel:

poodletalk
February 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
who is now named Angel....

Thanks Cpteria16, what a nice compliment!

Love4himies
February 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Angel is in good hands now. What until she realizes that she never needs to be hungry or cold again :grouphug:, bet she will be one greatful, lovable kitty.

cpietra16
February 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Angel still likes to stay under the bed, which ofcourse I knew would happen. She has the litter box but still cries every night to be let out to pee. I can't do that so she ends up peeing on my pants or bookbag...which ofcourse can be washed. I want to kick myself for letting her out of the carrier so soon. She is very uncomfortable with humans right now. But I am determined to have her come to trust me like she trusted my cousin.
Once I socialize her than she can be adoptable, becasue right now I think she would be put down just because she is not a typical cuddle cat who likes to walk up to people. she definately has potential.

i will be going back this weekend and round up more cats and hopefully find people to foster/socialize them until they are adiptable.
There are 2/3 toms that I will try and catch and release..they have been there too long...I think...anyway. I think I am just thinking outloud to get input...i treat you guys like you were infront of me listening to me....so speak up please,,,,:)

Chris21711
February 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
If the boss has agreed to keeping some cats on the premises then maybe the Toms can carrying on living around there :pray:

cpietra16
February 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
yes that's the idea, but I would liek to have them neutured before I take them back.

chico2
February 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
cpietra,if anyone can socialize a kitty it's you,how are the basement-kitties doing???
I too would have the Toms neutered and returned,hopefully a rescue can help you with the finances.
If they are allowed back,they should be ok.:cat:

14+kitties
February 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Great idea to get the Toms neutured before returning. You don't know how many cats the owner is going to let stay? That would give you an idea on where to start. It is possible once they get into a home (or barn) they may not want to leave. :rolleyes:

Melinda
February 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
cpietra16, I know you don't know me, but I am quite safe, I was wondering if you could pm me your home addy or work, which ever you would feel safest with, or maybe set up an account somewhere that donations could be sent to? maybe name it Lachine cats at where ever you plan to have them spayed/neutured? Goldengirls thought maybe Vanier or Bond? You can speak/pm Stacer to ask about me...*L* I really am safe. I'm a personal friend of Goldengirls if that helps any !

cpietra16
February 5th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone...I hope marko is Ok with this...but its my only chance....Marko you can remove it if its inappropiate.

I am looking for any small donation towards the sterlization of these Lachine cats. We will be trying to bring the adoptable ones to the SPCA, but there will be some Toms and females that are not adoptable;they have been there too long and will never be happy in a conventional home. I would like to trap/neuture/spay and release.
If anyone would like to donate....anything....you can send the donation at:

The Bond Foundation for Animal Welfare
406 - 3777 Côte des Neiges
Montréal, QC H3H 1V8

The Bond Foundation will be helping us with the cost.

just for extra information on Catch Release: this worked in the States.....http://www.feralfeline.org/tnr.html..............

There are approximately 60 million feral cats in the United States. The goal of TNR is to reduce the number of feral cats while increasing their quality of life. After a feral cat has been spayed or neutered, screened for FeLV and FIV, and has received a rabies vaccine, it is returned to its original colony where it can live out a full, healthy, non-reproductive life. TNR is endorsed by many animal oriented organizations including the American Veterinary Medical Association. TNR has been shown to be the least costly as well as the most efficient and humane way of stabilizing feral cat populations.

The standing alternative to TNR is extermination, which is not only inhumane, but costly as well. Continued attempts to catch feral cats, house, euthanize, and dispose of them costs much more than to simply TNR them.

A side product of extermination is the Vacuum Effect. Cats are relatively territorial animals. When they are removed from a colony, new ones will move in and then breed to capacity. By keeping non-reproductive cats in the colony, new cats will be much less likely to join.

Positive Effects of TNR

1. Stops the cycle of reproduction. Statistics from the Feral Cat Coalition in San Diego show that TNR is working: In 1997, the San Diego Department of Animal Control showed a decrease of almost 50% in the number of cats impounded and killed compared to 1992, the year in which their TNR program was started.

2. Reduces behaviors such as yowling, fighting and spraying.

3. Reducing the number of feral cats also reduces the threat that they may pose to native species.

4. Reduces disease and illness which may affect people's pets along with feral cats.

Winston
February 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cpietra16 do you have to indicate anything in particular with your donation to ensure it gets to the cats in need? not to say the others are not in need but should people indicate Lachine cats or something along those lines?

I have heard there is an organization in southern ontario that does the trap and release and apparently it works very well especially because they are not reproducing!! Thank for helping out these ones in need!

Cindy

cpietra16
February 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
when you make a donation please indicate....the LAchine warehouse cats..thanks Winston...an oversight on my part

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM
ok i'm in the united states how could i send something to help up in canada?

cpietra16
February 6th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Magicwildwolf, I beleive you can just send a cheque or money order. Thank you for your kindness in advance

Melinda
February 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
yoohooooo everyone pulling together, ya gotta love animal lovers, we're one family

cpietra16
February 7th, 2009, 01:00 PM
We are going out tomorrow....wish us more luck...and hope that they do not make fools of us like they did last week...I'm sure there's a few Toms that are still telling the story and having a great laugh at our expense....

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Good luck tomorrow :pray::goodvibes::fingerscr

COCO350
February 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Good Luck!!:)

chico2
February 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
cpietra,wish I could be there,hopefully it won't be too cold,it's ok here:fingerscr
Come on kittie,kittie,be good:fingerscr

cpietra16
February 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM
please if, anyone(in montreal, for now) can foster...(coco...I have not forgotten your kind offer)let me know thru a pm. My hope to have them all fixed, adopted,and/or brought back to their colony, so any donation will be helpful. thank-you

cpietra16
February 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I just had an update on Pookie(pictured here)....the cat at the SPCA. She is in the clinic recovering from an abcess in her leg. I was told that she was very dirty, which did not come as a shock since she lived ina very dirty warehouse. Anyway, she is recovering and will be brought up to be adopted as soon as she is feeling better. I was told that she must have been in a lot of pain....poor kitty

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Awww poor Pookie :sad:. Bet she is so glad she is getting care now.

Winston
February 7th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Cpietra16 good luck tomorrow! I hope you can get them all.. Poor Pookie! But just think she wont be in pain anymore! I really wish I was there to help!

Good Luck :thumbs up

Cindy

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Sending good vibes your way for tomorrow Cpietra. Thanks to you Mookie is now on the mend she is one pretty cat :cat:

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM
ahh poor Pookie , thank dog you saved her , she must feel so much better ! :thumbs up

good luck for tomorrow :fingerscr

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Good luck tomorrow! I hope you much success!! :pray::goodvibes::fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Lucky Pookie! :goodvibes:

:fingerscr that the others decide to cooperate tomorrow and come in out of the cold!

rainbow
February 8th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Pookie is so purrty :lovestruck: ....I'm sure she will get adopted soon. :goodvibes:

Good luck tomorrow. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
February 8th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Pookie should have herself a new home soon with such a nice purrsonality :cat:

:fingerscr :goodvibes: for nabbing the rest :cat:

cpietra16
February 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well we're back and thanks to my cousin we got the pregnant mommy cat. She is now in a freinds home ready to have her babies. My friend works full time and she doesn;t feel ok leaving the cat alone during the day. I am hoping to find a foster home who has some expereince with babies, although mommy is 6-8 years old and is a pro....here she is

cpietra16
February 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I want to thank magicwildwolf, Wendi, Elisa, Winston for your kind generosity...I will apologize in advance if I have not thanked you....believe me, I would thank-you in a heart beat.

today I actuall yhad 3 cats eating out of my hand so I know that with some love, they can be socialized and adoptable. The kitten was sneezing and had watery eyes. I actually grabbed her from her neck but she didn;t have any meat or skin to grab so she slipped out unfortunately...I really want her becauseshe is sick and needs attention. I'll keep you all posted

cpietra16
February 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Just out of curiosity....does anyone know of a medication that make the cat sleepy and therefore easy to grab? The warehouse is very large and the minute a cat feels any danger they bolt and its not easy to find them. i thought that maybe with some "sleepy" medication in there food;it will make it easier to round them up. They are too wise to go back into the traps. They left food untouched and went hungry rather than go in and eat the food. I guess they learned from their other family memebers who were caught and taken away:sad:
Any ideas will be helpful. The 3 that ate out of my hands were freindly enough as long as I don't make eye contact and stay very still...and at my age staying still is not as easy as it sounds:D

Melinda
February 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
can cats be given a bit of gravol?

growler~GateKeeper
February 8th, 2009, 11:04 PM
:highfive: for getting the mama cat

Can some of the workers who've been feeding them, try to grab one or two specifically the sick one during lunch hour through the week? They would be okay in a crate for a while until they can be transported to safety or picked up.

Just out of curiosity....does anyone know of a medication that make the cat sleepy and therefore easy to grab? The warehouse is very large and the minute a cat feels any danger they bolt and its not easy to find them. i thought that maybe with some "sleepy" medication in there food;it will make it easier to round them up.

:2cents: I wouldn't want to put anything in the food incase it doesn't take effect when the cats are within reaching distance. If you put something in their food, they eat, nothing happens right away ~ each cat will react differently to meds & wander away then hole up under a building or somewhere you can't find/can't reach them it will put them in possible danger from other animals or from an adverse reaction to the meds.

cpietra16
February 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I hear you growler...I was hoping I can find something to slow them down a little...they are fast little rascals.

But the good news.........my cousin just called me and told me thatshe found the baby...in the trap. She is now ina carrier ready for me to pick up later today. This is the little one that looked sick and way too skinny....I'll keep you posted, as always.

chico2
February 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
cpietra,that's great!
I too was thinking that it would probably be easier for your cousin to catch them than strangers.
Hopefully the little guy is ok:fingerscr

cpietra16
February 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
here is the little baby...she is actually white :sad:poor baby she's got one blue eye and one yellow eye...friskas is what got her in the trap

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Good job, cpietra! :highfive:

That little white kitty is absolutely adorable...such a little waif... I hope she's better soon!

And :goodvibes: for trapping the rest! Do you still have time? :fingerscr

BenMax
February 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Great job!:thumbs up. YOu are one determined lady.

Love4himies
February 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I know you mentioned Montreal area fosters, but my offer for fostering the pregnant momma still stands if you are desperate.

Chris21711
February 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Good Job on getting the kitten :thumbs up Now she stands a good chance of finding a loving home.

I know you mentioned Montreal area fosters, but my offer for fostering the pregnant momma still stands if you are desperate.

So nice of you L4H :thumbs up

rainbow
February 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I'm so glad you caught the wee baby girl. :highfive: .......and, with your special care she will be looking much better in no time. :goodvibes:

Good luck with catching the rest. :fingerscr

cpietra16
February 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
L4H....how would I get her to you..:sad:I would need time for transportation...and I don't think she's going to wait..it look slike she's due any time now. But thanks anyway

chico2
February 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
cpietra,she has eyes just like my Vinnie,if she is well enough,I am sure it won't be difficult finding her a home:pray:
The little black momma is just precious,hopefully she'll have a safe delivery...are they all in fosterhomes right now??
L4H,if anyone knows how to bring up kitty babies it's you,thank you for offering to take this preggers kitty.
Probably caught just in time:thumbs up

cpietra16
February 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'm diving in, so to speak....I will be tempting to give this little China Doll a well needed bath...I have the flu which I hope she can sense it and be very kind to me while I try to bath ourselves....:rolleyes::yuck:I'm sure there is a white cat under all that gray....:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2009, 07:18 PM
How did the bath go? :goodvibes:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have the flu which I hope she can sense it and be very kind to me while I try to bath ourselves

Keep on praying cpietra , keep on praying :pray:

krdahmer
February 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Aw... what a tiny little thing! Hope she lets you clean her up and flourishes now! :goodvibes: and :pray: Hope your bath goes better than my clean-up did!!!

14+kitties
February 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
What a sweetie she is! Let's hope she co operates with the bathing. Although I would be tempted to get her checked out before putting her in water. Maybe just wet wipes for now?
L4H - you are an :angel: for offering to foster the momma and babies. You will be rewarded. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM
cpietra16 that's wonderful you got the baby :highfive: Absolutely adorable even all dirty :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: for the bath & for getting better soon. It's a good thing I'm clear across the country I'd be so tempted to take that wee one home :lovestruck:

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I also had the flu and thats my excuse for my donation going out late, it was picked up in yesterdays mail, sorry about the delay. So did the white kitty co operate?? she's a beauty and you can see the siamese back ground in her, especially her ears. How is momma cat doing??

Love4himies
February 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
That little kitten is white :eek: :sad:. Looks almost like it may have some siamese in her.

How is Ms Preggers doing? I hope the stress won't affect her birthing :pray:.

I don't mind arranging transportation for her but I do understand the logistics of being so far away from Montreal. I would hate to see this momma have to raise her babies in a cage, it is so stressful on them.

NoahGrey
February 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Instead of releasing the tomcats back, how about finding them homes? Sorry but i HATE to see any cat outdoors, having to fend from wildlife, other cats, traffic, people who do not have the best intentions, weather elements, no shelter, food, water, no vet care.

ACO22

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
if you decide to take up love4himies offer, I'm halfway from montreal to where she lives (approx,) you are welcome to use my home for a halfway....

14+kitties
February 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Instead of releasing the tomcats back, how about finding them homes? Sorry but i HATE to see any cat outdoors, having to fend from wildlife, other cats, traffic, people who do not have the best intentions, weather elements, no shelter, food, water, no vet care.

ACO22

Sometimes a lot easier said then done. Is it not better for semi feral cats to be s/n and released back to their normal environment where they know the area and are being fed than to be put in a cage and have no hope at all of being adopted? :sorry::offtopic: People do not adopt cats like this.
I do believe they have access to the warehouse? May not be ideal but they have shelter from the winter. :shrug:

chico2
February 10th, 2009, 08:35 AM
ACO,I agree with 14+,I know you know all about shelters,but a semi-feral Tom would more than likely be killed.
I had a big Tom here a few yrs back,whom I fed twice/day,our HS worked with me trying to catch him,but only to be neutered and released back here.
cpietra,like others have said,the China Doll,looks very much like a Siamese kitten,it's very possible she's grey not white,once she gets the dirt off.
Please be careful giving her a bath,we don't want you hurt on top of your flu:fingerscr
Kitty-Wipes work great...

Love4himies
February 10th, 2009, 08:36 AM
if you decide to take up love4himies offer, I'm halfway from montreal to where she lives (approx,) you are welcome to use my home for a halfway....

Thanks Melinda :grouphug:

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 08:45 AM
its the least I can do for you guys, you're all the hero's. so any help I can offer......

cpietra16
February 10th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks to you all. Update: The little kitten never hissed, scratched, attacked me in any way. I she washed her with lukewarm water and some soap. She was very dirty...the water was extremely dirty...She will need a second bath but not until later. She has been thru so much. She has now found the comfort of the other cat under my bed. I hated to see her in the carrier for 2 days. She was very patient. She is staying close to the other cat, which I knew would happen, but unfortunately she is picking up the other cats fear of humans..so I think I screwed up again by releasing her. Anyway, they are both very lively at night. Angel keeps on crying for hours wanting out. She may be in heat. Not sure. They are eating very well. and ofcourse drinking as well.

As for the Tom, he would be better off back to the warehouse once he's fixed. The area is what he knows and they have built him a condo outside which he uses all the time. He comes in for his feedings and he seems very dirty but happy.

Now, accorfing to my foster mom, mommy is hours away from giving birth, I'm not sure how transportation will work. L4H.....I really appreciate your offer, I really really do...please pm me and let me know what your opinion is and how we can let this happen if at all possible.

Love4himies
February 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
ACO22, I understand your concern over the tom, in a home is always safer than in traffic. Depending on how feral this tom is, he may never be able to settle into a home environment. I had a semi feral as a teen and he would go crazy if he wasn't allowed outside. It was what he knew and he was happy doing that. Sometimes it is about quality of life over quantity.

cpietra, sent you a pm.

cpietra16
February 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I pm'd you L4H...

cpietra16
February 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Little Angel will get spayed on the 17th of this month....I am hoping to bring in the baby for a checkup at the same time.

Again, I want to thank you all for your donations...one cat at a time...:fingerscr

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
you're very welcome cpietra16, I'm only sorry mine was late getting sent, hopefully you'll receive it tomorrow or thursday. it doesn't take long to add up if everyone were to send 5 or 10 dollars, and again, thank YOU for doing what you're doing, I know its not easy and will try to send more when I can.:fingerscr

cpietra16
February 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Thank-you Melinda, you are a gem

NoahGrey
February 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I know what everyone is saying on here. At the shelter that I work for, we always give ferals a chance, and have fixed and released.

However in this situation, it seems inhumane to releasing them back to a envirnment where in the past, the cats were bring trapped and pts. Also the manager of the warehouse, doesn't really want these cats around. What if he turns around again and gets fed up and starts calling the city.

Yes, I agree that these tomcats should be fixed and released, if you can't find a good home. you would be surprised how many tom's come around. I just think that instead of putting them in a enivoment, where they do not have a proper food source, potable water and shelter on a daily basis. Why not release them to people who will take care of them, and they have barns. There these tom's can still be outdoors, but have the proper care.

ACO22

14+kitties
February 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I can see your point too ACO22. However, I believe in this case they are being looked after by the people who work there. If the manager has weakened and decided to let some stay hopefully he will, in the future, ask to have the cats removed by the same methods as is in use now. Not having the city come and trap them. This is where the cats are used to being. They know all of the hidey spots, the warm spots, the safe spots.

You put them out on a farm they then have to find a spot that is safe from predators, resident cats, and farm animals. If some of these cats are older and set in their ways that is not a great situation either. Not to mention the fact that most farms are already overrun with cats. There is no guaranteeing they will get proper care on a farm. Lots of farmers get rid of them the old fashioned way........... :sad:

Just my :2cents:

cpietra16
February 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
ACO22..I know what you mean, however the manager had no idea that the city would get rid of them. When they called they were told that the cats were taken to the SPCA...that was a lie.

He never minded the cats, but in the last 2 years people have dumped other cats and the population boomed. They always had a great place..They were fed, housed and caught mice . It was a happy exsistance, until the new cats decided to use the warehouse as their litter box...

chico2
February 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
ACO,I remember when Cat-Snatcher needed to relocate 5 cats she had been feeding outside,kitty:angel2:cpietra took in 2 of those cats,but the other 3 went to a farm where they offered to take them.
I don't know what happened to 2 of them,if they stayed or not,but one girl-kitty ran away into the wilderness,more than likely did not survive:sad:
That's what is scary with dropping cats at a farm:sad:

NoahGrey
February 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
ACO22..I know what you mean, however the manager had no idea that the city would get rid of them. When they called they were told that the cats were taken to the SPCA...that was a lie.

Ok, so are you trying to do anything. I mean like I said in the past, this story just seems very fishy and everyone is just accepting it. First of all One, this city, company whatever haved lied to you. First alarm goes off. I would not doubt it, that this is some shady company...posing as officals. ANd yes, it DOES happen.

I find it strange that the city and the spca don't know their own policies. I also find it hard to believe that real city, would take this approach. There are laws in trapping, relocating, etc. It is law that strays have to be held for a number of x days (usually 3-5) before deceiding on what to do. Find it a home, or put it down. And a City is not going to go against these laws.

Has anyone even thought about calling the SPCA and telling what is going on and that it is the "city" that are the ones doing it? If not, I would be calling them.

Sometimes, you can't take stuff at face value. You have to dig a little deeper.

ACO22

cpietra16
February 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
ACO, we know what the real story is and who has the contract to dispose of these animals. The city picks them up and brings them to the contractor who euthanizes them. It sounds fishy because it is fishy. Its hush hush.
It needs to be exposed but right now my concern is the rest of the cats. If someone who lives in that city wants to take the city down...all the power to them. If people knew what happened to the cats and dogs that were picked up by the city maybe they would stop calling for animal control and demand that the cities start by neuturing and spaying all their strays....period.

cpietra16
February 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM
...and I also want to add ACO22, I would never release a cat back to a place where they would not be wanted. I would release them in a safe environment like I have always done and always will. I have caught and released in BC way before I came to Montreal..so I understand the concept.
And I also want to say that I would never put the company or my cousin in any postion that would cause job loss or humiliation to a company that thought they were doing the right thing. This company with the help of their employees have already taken i many cats and called them their own. They have called many rescues including the SPCA for help and were all denied. They finally buckled and called the city for help.
Now I just want to save the others.

this is little baby eating and a little cleaner

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2009, 09:37 PM
She looks a little protective of her plate there. :o Poor dear still doesn't trust where her next meal is coming from.

But she certainly is a little darling! :lovestruck:

MommaKat
February 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Poor thing,So beautiful but she looks scared silly :cry: She also looks like she may have ear mites ? I'll :fingerscr and give :goodvibes: for you and these kitties.

growler~GateKeeper
February 12th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Oh she is a darling wee thing :lovestruck: :cloud9:

:goodvibes: for her and all the others :goodvibes:

chico2
February 12th, 2009, 07:37 AM
cpietra,I was going to say poor little kitty,but I know she's in safe hands now.
I trust you 500% to do whatever you possibly can for these cats,as you always have:grouphug:

cpietra16
February 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM
It looks like little china doll may have a place to call her own...:rolleyes::D:lovestruck::thumbs up

Chris21711
February 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Great job on the clean up of this little soul :lovestruck:

It looks like little china doll may have a place to call her own...:rolleyes::D:lovestruck::thumbs up

Please tell, :yell: I hate secrets :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM

That would be great news! :highfive: When will you know for sure?

Love4himies
February 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM

:thumbs up :highfive: Wahoo!

chico2
February 12th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'd say 3 guesses....cpietra,cpietra,cpietra:laughing:I could be wrong of course,I know you have enough kitties:cat:

onster
February 12th, 2009, 03:59 PM
ive been following this thread but havent really commented I dont think :o

Great job cpietra! that kitty is sooo cute...congrats :p

but I do have to say it does look like she has/had ear mites - poor Bunduk's ears were like that when we first got him even tho the earmites were gone. Vet said I could clean them a bit with a cotton ball dipped in some warm olive oil...it helped :thumbs up Dont go into the ear canal though. It wont do anything for ear mites but at least it will clear the gunk abit and it might just be wax buildup/dirt

cpietra16
February 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hi Onster, I thought they were ear mites as well, but its actually the grease found in the warehouse...and trust me...I am not ready to surprise her with a second bath...I think she's on to me...as a mtter of fact, she hissed at me this morning while I was getting ready for my shower...probably thought I'd take her in with me:D

onster
February 12th, 2009, 04:34 PM
lol...aww she'll get over it really quick dont worry :p

I wouldnt suggest giving her a second bath, once she gets calmer in her environment she'll groom herself to sparkling im sure :lovestruck: I wouldnt try cleaning her ears in the bath anyway because water in them may actually lead to ear infection (kinda like swimmers ear)

but yeah, since its just dirt do try the olive oil thing if she doesnt take issue with you touching her ears. If so, just ask them to clean them when she goes under for spaying - my vets did that for me when bunduk got neutered cuz he would never sit still enough for me to clean the gunk properly.

Meghan_K
February 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hmm, not sure how bad the situation with the kitties is, but if you need a place for cats, and I don't mean indoor cats, then I know about 3 different farm families with warm barns and kids that would love a couple of kitties. Indoor cats would be more difficult, so let me know...:grouphug:

Stacer
February 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I ashamed to admit that I've been avoiding reading this thread :o, but with euthanize in the title I often can't bear to read.

I am so happy that you were able to help these cats. Your cousin and co workers are fabulous for taking care of them for so long.

The tireless effort to make sure that these cats are safe is so amazing.

Goodluck with capturing the rest of them.:grouphug:

PS: Yes, Melinda is safe!!!

cpietra16
February 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Gee Stacer I thought you were avoiding it because you could have been asked to adopted one or two.......:D:evil::D

Meghan, thanks. I may take you up on that....don't go away just yet;)

Stacer
February 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Gee Stacer I thought you were avoiding it because you could have been asked to adopted one or two.......:D:evil::D

That too:laughing: Honestly though, if I lived anywhere near you I would have joined in the effort.

cpietra16
February 16th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Ok...I've been made a fool of one more time...and obviously not the last time....China Doll....is actually Ken Doll.....thats right as male as male can be....and he knows it......Angel will be going in for her spaying tonight. The spaying is set for tomorrow morning.....

14+kitties
February 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM
:fingerscr for Angel's spay! And don't worry about being fooled. It happens.
Sooooooo....... ya' fell for him, huh?

cpietra16
February 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hi I just wanted say thank-you for those who made it possible. The Bond Foundation got enough money donated to have 1 cat spayed....1 cat at a time...I always say. thank-you:thumbs up

we are still taking donations...:D

cpietra16
February 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
After 2 weeks of trusting me ; Angel has gone back to her untrusting ways...:sad:I tried to get her in the carrier today but she knew something was up. After 1 hour of trying to get her in so that I could take her for the spaying..I gave up and went to work. Tonight I tried again, but this time she knew i was up to no good...:o I went to grab her and she bite me right thru my leather glove...almost down to the bone...never felt so defeated and so much pain...mostly I felt she will never trust me again. So now I have a very painful finger, and 2 cats under the bed that will in no way come to me again. :yell::sad:
2 weeks of work.... all down the drain in 1 day. I used up a whole bottle of rescue remedy and nothing. Tonight I put in some gravol, but she hasn't even touched her tuna..:shrug:I hate nights like this. I feel like I will have to wait another 2 weeks before she can trust enough to get back into a carrier...cat..120 points......me ....zero.:sad:
If only she could understand.

to make things worse....At the warehouse; all the cats have been going into the traps taking the food and not once triggering the door....cats...120 points...stupid humans....zero. :sad:

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
some days are like that

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Don't get discouraged, cpietra :grouphug: Some days are just like that--tomorrow may be tons better :goodvibes:

Is the trap just not springing at the right time? Maybe there's some corrosion or a stiff spring somewhere? Might just need some oil and resetting.

Love4himies
February 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: She will get to trust you, don't worry, she was just scared.

chico2
February 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM
cpietra,not that it's going to make you feel any better,but all 3 of mine "disappear"at the sight of the carriers,it's a 2 man job getting them in there.:evil:
Take care of the bite,but I am sure you know that by now,you might need antibiotics:grouphug:

cpietra16
February 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Well I had to cancel the spaying today...I am completely down...:sad:I had them both trusting me....now back to square one....and a big black and blue thumb to show for it....boy a cats bite really hurts..i forgot how deadly they can be....not to mentioned a pair of ruin leather gloves:yell:

cpietra16
February 17th, 2009, 09:33 AM
On a good note.....yes there is always a good note....Pookie, the first cat that was trapped and sent to the SPCA...has been adopted......to her forever home....too bad i can't keep tabs on her....I wish her a long and well deserved life on a nice comfy bed and lots of warm food......and ofcourse in someones loving arms.....yay:fingerscr Thanks you Cathy...

Jim Hall
February 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM
i leave my carrier out all the time with some blankets and catnip so they get used t it

Melinda
February 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I was talking to Golden girls earlier, too bad she couldn't have gotten to your place, she's great at trapping them. Hopefully you can get another appointment, do you have access to a pole fishing net? I've used mine numerous times to catch rabbits, groundhogs and raccoons. one swipe and then a twist, you never have to touch them, just put the net end into the carrier, another twist, and then pull it out while someone snaps the door shut. will you use the gravol on her? I wish you luck!!!

cpietra16
February 17th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Jim, Thats exactly what I did...somehow ferels aren't attracted to the scent of catnip like other house cats are..they will go in but only around 3-4 am..and only for a few seconds. I tried feeding them in there but again they will only go in when I am dead asleep or when I am at work...I have waited and waited ignoring them, but they are pretty smart.
I'm not giving up...I've just lost a battle....not the war so to speak..:D

cpietra16
February 17th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hi Melinda, yes I used the gravol....but they still haven't touched the tuna...

Melinda
February 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I imagine when they get hungry enough they'll sneak out for a bite....

Melinda
February 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM
just wondering how its going today? Did you get that bite looked after??

cpietra16
February 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Hi, I got my tetanus shot..my finger is still in pain, but little Ken Doll actually came up to me and made me pet him...he is a very loud purrer......lord...all my cats came to investigate what the motor was and where it was coming from....

Jim Hall
February 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Jim, Thats exactly what I did...somehow ferels aren't attracted to the scent of catnip like other house cats are..they will go in but only around 3-4 am..and only for a few seconds. I tried feeding them in there but again they will only go in when I am dead asleep or when I am at work...I have waited and waited ignoring them, but they are pretty smart.
I'm not giving up...I've just lost a battle....not the war so to speak..:D
lol yup you wouldnt belive what i have gone through with scared kitties when i restled my 12 lb DU in the carrier the vet tok one look at my hands and made me go to the surgery scrub sink

Love4himies
February 18th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi, I got my tetanus shot..my finger is still in pain, but little Ken Doll actually came up to me and made me pet him...he is a very loud purrer......lord...all my cats came to investigate what the motor was and where it was coming from....

:cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::l ovestruck:That purr makes it all worth it.

cpietra16
February 20th, 2009, 06:21 AM
...and there is contact

Love4himies
February 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Awwwwww :cloud9: :lovestruck:, You must be thrilled :grouphug:.

chico2
February 20th, 2009, 08:12 AM
CP,is that other kitty Tess(sorry if I got the name wrong:sad:)that could be a pic of Vinnie,is she as chubby as Vinnie???
Little Ken Doll is adorable,he looks really white now.
Was there a fight after the original sniff??
That is such a sweet pic:lovestruck::lovestruck:

cpietra16
February 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Chico....I will show you the next picture later today...it wasn't a fight...at all...it was more of the same smelling, but different parts of their bodies....followed by hisses

chico2
February 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Oh yes,I love to see more and more,ok;)
Is the little guy going to stay with you???
I checked your profile and I saw I got Tess's name right:thumbs up
I also need news on Charlie and Tiger,whenever you have time:cat:hopefully things are better now:fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
February 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Aww :cloud9: :lovestruck: so cute! :lovestruck: That baby cat KenDoll is just adorable :lovestruck:

cpietra16
February 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Well, Antonio Banderas...AKA..Ken Doll...AKA...Opie....is going to become a non-funtional reproducing kitty machine today....boy oh boy will he be p****ed with me tomorrow.
He finally trusted me enough to walk into his carrier all by himself :lovestruck:and for the first time this morning I closed it.....I will be sleeping with one eye open when he gets back:evil:;)...unless someone would love to adopt this little ball of fire....:rolleyes:

poodletalk
February 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
How's Angel doing? and your poor finger. I'm having supper with Cathy tomorrow night, I'm sure I'll hear all about Pookie.

cpietra16
February 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Please say hello to her for me. I haven;t been very ggod about calling...very busy and busier with going thru the semi final stages of my divorce...which is a pain in the:sick:...but it has to be done.
Angel is still under my bed and only comes out under the cover of darkness. :sad: She wants nothing from me and does not even come out to play with Antonio..:shrug:I may have to sadate her and try again. As for my finger..i earned it. i did grab her when she gave me plenty of warning to stay away. The blue finger is now pink again...which is a good thing.

Yup...I love cats.:laughing::cloud9:

chico2
February 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
cpietra,keep telling yourself that:laughing:
Hope all those kitties did not cause your divorce,I could see that happening in some cases,if I brought in 2-3 more cats,hubby would move:laughing:

Chris21711
February 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
cpietra,keep telling yourself that:laughing:
Hope all those kitties did not cause your divorce,I could see that happening in some cases,if I brought in 2-3 more cats,hubby would move:laughing:

:lightbulb: Brilliant idea :laughing:

chico2
February 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Chris....:laughing::laughing:

cpietra16
February 24th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Chico...I think it was a human feline who caught his attention...I guess I wasn;t paying oto much attention to him after 3 kids, 22 years together amd his dog...and my cats....but on a brighter note
here's little Antonio Banderas....until I actually get him a better name...

cpietra16
February 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Our first mommy cat that was captured gave birth today, Feb. 24, 2009....
She was amazing..and very tired...5 kitties in all ...at least so far. The last one had to be pulled out because it was stuck and mommy was too tired to push...but they are all ok

cpietra16
February 24th, 2009, 08:57 PM
one more...hey...can never get too much

hazelrunpack
February 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Congratulations to you and the proud mama! The babies are sooo tiny! :cloud9: Thanks to you, they're getting off to a great start in life! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Oh he is just gorgeous :lovestruck:

Baby kittens :cloud9: excellant job on both nabbing mum & the delivery help those 5 now have a far better start than they would have.

chico2
February 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
cpietra,I did not know the little Prince was odd-eyed,he is a beautiful little guy,are you sure you don't want to keep him;)
People sometimes adopt a"different"cat for the oddity,not because they love cats:sad:
So glad momma cat and the kittens are ok:thumbs up
Hope everything goes ok with your soon to be ex hubbie.

14+kitties
February 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Aww, how sweet Momma has a safe, warm place for her and her precious babies. :grouphug: Hopefully they will all find wonderful furever homes.

AB is adorable! Love his duo eyes. :lovestruck: Is he still causing lots of mischief? :D

cpietra16
February 25th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to show these 2 cats next to each other...this little Antonio must have Abyssinian in him....what do you think

Winston
February 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
OMG thats just too cute! He certainly looks like he does!

poodletalk
February 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
If I could have a cat, I would adopt Antonio in a minute!:lovestruck:

chico2
February 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
cpietra,that sure is possible,I still think SiameseX though,his long limbs and heartshaped face,but maybe when he's fattened up,that will change...he's a beauty for sure:lovestruck:

Love4himies
February 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I know I wouldn't be able to give AB up. He looks just like a kitty that is on the cover of my cat fancy magazine. :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Awwww baby kittens :cloud9: :lovestruck:. Bet momma is happy that she has no worries anymore.

cpietra16
February 26th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I know I wouldn't be able to give AB up. He looks just like a kitty that is on the cover of my cat fancy magazine. :cloud9: :lovestruck:
I would love to keep him, but I say that about all my new kitties...thats why I have 5 now....i need to say no at one point especially for my vet bill...and food....:oAwwww baby kittens :cloud9: :lovestruck:. Bet momma is happy that she has no worries anymore. I don't think mommy cat understands where she is or what is going on..I just hope to find her a good forever home where she will never be raped and pregnant again....she will be retiring from that as of now...:D

Love4himies
February 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I don't think mommy cat understands where she is or what is going on..I just hope to find her a good forever home where she will never be raped and pregnant again....she will be retiring from that as of now...:D

I know the feeling, I would keep all my fosters if I could.:laughing: How many cats would that bring me to:rolleyes:.

I think she knows that she is in a secure place now :grouphug:.

cpietra16
February 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM
If I could have a cat, I would adopt Antonio in a minute!:lovestruck:

Poodletalk,:D poodletalk.....:Dwhat do you mean if you could have a cat......I say yes you can:D...and I believe that Antonio would make a lovely addition to your home.....I will put him on hold ....just visit....let him purr:lovestruck:, rub up against you.:cloud9:...lick you hand:cat:.....look at you with those big beautiful two tone coloured eyes:angel2::D:cloud9::lovestruck:....you'll see....:D

cpietra16
February 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
...by the way I have had a few people askin gme why Antonio Banderas.....he does not look like the actor, but if he had a voice he would sound like him and he has the same looks like Puss'n Boots ( the character Antonio played in Shrek)....those big round eyes, his stance and when he hisses he is in attack mode....quickly changing into the purring machine....and back again...almost like he doesn;t know what to do...but loves the sound of his own hissing voice...:D

poodletalk
February 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Poodletalk, poodletalk.....what do you mean if you could have a cat......I say yes you can...and I believe that Antonio would make a lovely addition to your home.....I will put him on hold ....just visit....let him purr, rub up against you....lick you hand.....look at you with those big beautiful two tone coloured eyes....you'll see....

It's NOT me, Antonio woud be here by now if I didn't have my dog who has a high prey drive. Antonio wouldn't be happy living with us, that's why, I'm trying to find him a great home with my friends.

cpietra16
February 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Turn off the light.....sheeeeeeshhh......get out already.....
( I think he is feeling better after his neuturing and is starting to feel at home...:D)

chico2
February 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
cpietra,that's soo funny,I am glad he's ok:thumbs up

cpietra16
February 27th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Update On mommy....she gave birth on the 24th and the babies are fine.
BAckground:
During the delivery all went well until the last kitten. She was gently pulled out because mommy wasn't pushing and Claudia could only see the back leg and the tail.. no movement....now the kitten is fine, but 3 days later the mommy is still bleeding and we are worried that the sac may still be inside or there may be another kitten that never came.......so now I am biting my nails down to the finger waiting for the vet to call me back......I really hope this is normal...I hope that I get to see a vet very soon....I am writing this down so that maybe someone on this board..who has expereince with birthing can either tell meto panic or wait until I now more or panic...I need hope and a prayer.....:pray::fingerscr

Love4himies
February 28th, 2009, 07:47 AM
If there is any worry at all, then a trip to the vet should be done. It is probably best for any momma (along with kittens) to have a trip to the vet within 24 hours if the human is not experienced with queens. If you do take her to the vet, have the nails clipped if you haven't done so already. They can accidentally scratch the kittens ;). Good luck and please post some more pics :pray: :D

cpietra16
February 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Well the vet finally called me last night and told me that I should not worry so much. This cat has given birth many times before and is an expert. Bleeding is common and can accur for a few weeks after birth. If she is eating ( she is) and drinking ( she is), she should be ok.
I had an appointment for Saturday, but he said that he wouldn't be worried, the delivery sounded normal. If she had any indication of infection she would be lathargic.( she isn't).
This morning mommy was doing very well and we will keep our eyes open for any changes in behavior. I will take her and the babies in to make sure they are all ok.
If there is any change I will bring her in today or tomorrow...they will expect me. so far so good.
I'll have more pics soon

chico2
February 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM
cpietra,is momma cat and the kittens at your house too???
I hope momma is ok,she's such a beautiful girl,hopefully a good mom too,I would love to see a mom with kittens,I never ever have..:cat:
Not that I promote cats having kittens,I am 150% pro spay/neuter.
Thank you for what you are doing...:grouphug:
Mr.Banderas is adorable:lovestruck:

cpietra16
February 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM
HI CHico, There are pic on page 7...of mom and babies:cloud9:

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Sad weekend....we did capture another cat this weekend...she seems to be pregnant:wall:. She is Angels daughter. Thats the good news.

The bad news...we lost a baby. :sad:Not sure what happened. She wasn't a runt, she gained weight like all the others. Sunday morning she was fine and later that afternoon, Claudia called me to tell me that Little Gray seemed to be weak. She stopped eating. She put her on mommy , who kept licking her face and Claudia tried to have her latch on to a nipple. No lick. She passed away at 9:00 pm last night. I was there. She will be buried in my backyard under wild flowers....:sad: I was so sad...so heart broken, so demoralized...and now I have another pregnant mom and no closer to getting foster homes..I think I took on more than I can chew....:yell:

Jim Hall
March 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
ahh now dont get demoralised you stil got a whole bunch of kits that are thriving it happens, and you guys have been great so far

BenMax
March 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
I know that it is difficult to loose one but if this girl was in that factory, all would have perished.

In the litter, do you have any that are tortie's? I have an excellent home looking for a tortie specifically. Interstingly enough, I cannot find one.

Anyways - you have done an amazing job thus far - do not get discouraged.

krdahmer
March 2nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Oh I'm so sorry you lost one...:sad::grouphug: No doubt the poor dear had something wrong. I know the feral momma I took in was heartbreaking, she was barely a year old and we lost all four of her kittens, despite all efforts, the one that lived the longest was almost 3 weeks, then the vet found that her digestive system was twisted and blocked and couldn't see a way to surgically correct it. :sad: It's hard to believe how attached you become after only a few hours or days, and watching a little life end is always heartbreaking. I'm so glad the little one will have a lovely resting place. :angel:

And great news about catching another! :goodvibes: to her and her impending litter!

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Ben Max,
None are tortie's but they are all amazingly cute and one looks just like Antonio Bandera with a black tip on the tail...I can always add some colour and call it a tortie.....;)

Winston
March 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cpietra16 I am so sad for you! I know how hard you have been working on these babies! Glad you caught another! Just think one more that will not have to reproduce because of YOU!!

Maybe L4H will be able to help with this momma kitty!

Thinking of you!

Cindy

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
I did offer cpietra to take on the first momma and kittens, but on condition that they are handed over the the shelter I volunteer for and I would be doing the fostering of them. The shelter would have taken care of all vet bills, spaying/neutering, microchipping/tattooing/all shots for momma and adopting out all the cats.

I can't offer to do anything further as I have spoken to the shelter manager and told her I am now available to her for the next litter coming in.

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
L4H....You're offer was very tempting, but My cousin wants the mom back as soon as she is weaned and will keep her. She has been with her for 7-8 years and they have a special bond. I just didn't to transport her back and forth...but I still want to thank-you for your kind offer.

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
And I meantioned to you she could have her back, no problems, I am authorized to sign adoption forms for the cats that I foster. She would have to be spayed and microchipped before adoption, shelter policy.

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, thank-you. We will have her spayed and vaccinated here as well. I just didn;t want to have her travel back and forth. If my cousin did not want the cat, I would have gladly sent her down and be with you. I truly trust and respectyou and your views. I knew that she would be in great hands and would have found a great home for herself and her babies....I definately trust you.

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
What is going to happen to her babies?

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
One of the babies already has a home. The other 3 I will find homes for as well.

chico2
March 2nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
cpietra,so sorry the little one did not get to live,but these things happen,even under the best of circumstances.
Hopefully the others will be ok:fingerscr

cpietra16
March 3rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Does anyone have a dog crate or know of someone who has one and they may be thinking of selling? It needs to be big enough to put a cat litter box and blanket...preferably in the montreal area. Thanks

BenMax
March 3rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Ask the Montreal SPCA - maybe they can help.

cpietra16
March 3rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks Ben Max...will get on that . Do you think they actually sell or rent them out?...no problem I'll call and ask. Thanks Again,

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
You could try posting for one on the freecycle forum here, too, cpietra16. Maybe someone on the board has an unused one :shrug:

BenMax
March 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks Ben Max...will get on that . Do you think they actually sell or rent them out?...no problem I'll call and ask. Thanks Again,

They will lend out usually. If you cannot get one, let me know and I will ask for you. If you are really stuck, I do have one, but I usually keep for emergencies....(which happens frequently).

Also - if you check Craigslist - you will see some for sale usually. It may be a good investment....I have a feeling you are going to be doing rescue for some time now.

Hazel is also right - maybe someone here has one.

cpietra16
March 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Great idea, I will do just that...hazelrunpack and Benmax

cpietra16
March 3rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Update on mommy..Just got back from vets and mom is just fine. She has an air pocket which may be causing her discomfort but she is doing very well. She did not like being there and panted all the way....but she is doing very well. The vet was very impressed with her demeanor...couldn;t beleive she was ferel...very sweet and very maternal...fell completely in love with her.:cloud9:

chico2
March 4th, 2009, 07:36 AM
That's great:thumbs up
She probably belonged to someone at one point,never became really feral and right now is loving the nice warm place she's in:lovestruck:

14+kitties
March 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I've been checking this thread daily to see what's new. So sad with the kitty passing. :sad: But at least his short little life was a good one.
I am still :fingerscr the rest of the kitties will get caught and s/n. Keep up the wonderful work!!
And I know about being overwhelmed. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. :highfive:

BenMax
March 4th, 2009, 07:43 AM
14+ is right. You are amazing for doing what you have committed on. You have single handedly saved many lives....:thumbs up

cpietra16
March 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
You guys are too nice...i'm in the process of losing my mind....actually lost it and can't find it.....I need a drink.......Benmax...what do you say....wanna meet up and have a drink...celebrate the loss of my mind..:lightbulb:

BenMax
March 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
You guys are too nice...i'm in the process of losing my mind....actually lost it and can't find it.....I need a drink.......Benmax...what do you say....wanna meet up and have a drink...celebrate the loss of my mind..:lightbulb:

You are ON!!:D

cpietra16
March 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Cat number 5...Angel the 2nd. Daughter of Angel....And she's pregnant unfortunately. And she has wounds to show for it, poor baby.

14+kitties
March 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Aww, she is a sweetie. Looks like my Tinka. I wish I could help with fostering. Just too far away. :sad: Hopefully you can find someone soon. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
March 7th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Great catch :thumbs up Poor little one :sad: the wounds and being pregnant. :goodvibes: for her