Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Greetings from the Homeward Bound Crew

Dee-O-Gee
January 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
On January 6th, 2009, I found this website and figured out how to immediately post a thread. Rather than introducing myself, I headed straight to the “Pet Emergency” forum and posted a thread concerning our 14 year old Golden Retriever, Bailey “Slowly slipping away.” I received a tremendous amount of response not to mention positive support from so many forum members.

I am sad to say our beloved Bailey passed away on January 9th, 2009. It has been 2 weeks since her passing and I will post a thread of her in “Rainbow Bridge” soon.

At this time, I would like to apologize for not first introducing myself or saying “Hello.” For the past 2 weeks, I have found so much comfort communicating with other members in different forums and it has sincerely helped ease my pain. I have read, posted, laughed and smiled at so many conversations and it has truly been an asset in aiding my emotions for the loss of Bailey.

So here it is, without further ado, our Homeward Bound Crew….

Shadow…aka Bailey, the Wise one!

Chance…aka Gryphon. Unfamiliar with the real world and that this is a pancake griddle not a pillow!

Sassy…aka Kitty. Don’t really want to call her a snobby cat because she thinks she’s the Queen having her beauty sleep.

Jim Hall
January 22nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
well hi gryphon is so amazing looking

kitty lol looks like the worlds biggest cotton candy

bailey is beautifull !!!!

angeldogs
January 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Bailey was a very good looking dog.And Chance what a silly pup.Sassy sure sleeps funny.

:rip:Bailey:candle:

Hi and welcome.

14+kitties
January 22nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
Welcome klmccallum. So so sorry for your loss. It is a very difficult thing to go through. :candle::rip: Sweet Bailey. I am glad the members of this forum were helpful in your quest to deal with your grief. I know their thoughts and kindness have been instrumental in helping me more than once.
Again, welcome. Stick around. Your babies are beautiful.

Dee-O-Gee
January 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Either Cotton Candy or a big Cotton Ball! She's way to finicky and so set in her own ways. Thanks Jim!

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM
Does Kitty always sleep with her face tucked like that? That is just too cute!!! :lovestruck:

Gryphon looks like a real character. Does he, by any chance, like to cook? :o :laughing:

And Bailey...what a gorgeous boy! :cloud9: :angel:

Welcome to the board, klmccallum!! :D

Dee-O-Gee
January 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Does Kitty always sleep with her face tucked like that? That is just too cute!!! :lovestruck:

Gryphon looks like a real character. Does he, by any chance, like to cook? :o :laughing:

And Bailey...what a gorgeous boy! :cloud9: :angel:

Welcome to the board, klmccallum!! :D

Kitty--most of the time likes to sleep like this. :cloud9:

Gryphon doesn't really know how to cook but he sure loves eating :crazy:

Bailey--like I said was truly the wise one. At one short time in her life, we all called her "Stupid" only because she was like dody.doeh..doeh..doeh. That was until Gryphon came along :laughing::laughing: and our thoughts suddenly changed :clown:

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
:eek:....my bad... :o Of course Bailey was a beautiful girl... :o you'll soon learn hazel is extremely senile... :rolleyes:

There's just something about a golden in the snow that seems...right, somehow. They all seem to enjoy it so much! :D

I thought maybe Gryphon was staking out the griddle because he was gonna make breakfast the next morning... :p

Dee-O-Gee
January 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
:eek:....my bad... :o Of course Bailey was a beautiful girl... :o you'll soon learn hazel is extremely senile... :rolleyes:

There's just something about a golden in the snow that seems...right, somehow. They all seem to enjoy it so much! :D

I thought maybe Gryphon was staking out the griddle because he was gonna make breakfast the next morning... :p

That's o.k. Hazelrun...It's hard to distinquish he's and she's--no problem :)

You truly hit the mark on Gryphon (sounds like Griffin). He really is a character and is starting to come back to his usual self :thumbs up.

As far as him making breakfast...humph???? He would truly lack on presentation for sure :wall:

Me and my family all went to an Ice Wine Festival this past weekend and brought him along (dogs were allowed). Needless to say he came face to face with a Newfoundland dog. Gryphon thought he was the big and tough one until the Newfy let out this gigantic WULF!!! Gryphon basically said O.K...YOU WIN and change his mind about pursuing his curiosity--it was way too funny :D:D

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Gryphon shows good sense. :D

That's pretty cool that you were allowed to bring dogs to the Ice Wine Festival! We have so few events here to bring dogs to....although I'm tempted to bring a bunch of the Pack to the spring humane assn walk in town. If I train them to pull in the meantime, I'll have an 8-dog hitch :laughing:...all 8 probably picking a different direction to pull in! :o

Dee-O-Gee
January 27th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Gryphon shows good sense. :D

That's pretty cool that you were allowed to bring dogs to the Ice Wine Festival! We have so few events here to bring dogs to....although I'm tempted to bring a bunch of the Pack to the spring humane assn walk in town. If I train them to pull in the meantime, I'll have an 8-dog hitch :laughing:...all 8 probably picking a different direction to pull in! :o

An 8 dog hitch pickin and a pullin in every direction--how fun would that be?? Especially in front of the humane association's walk in town :laughing: :laughing: It would only go to show that you love your pack and your pack loves you :lovestruck::cloud9: