Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I just LOST it at an adult!

babymomma
January 22nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Wow, I have never talked like that to somebody before, especially an adult.
I TRY to be respectful most times. But i just lost it at her!

I brought keely for a walk and stopped in to visit Bear (Keelys BF:p) And while i was talking to bears owner, another lady came in that i have known for years, but i have never been fond of. Some how the topic about our dogs came up and me and Faye were talking about what we do for our dogs. Then the other lady, starts to almost BRAG that she never speands money on her dog. Never took her to the vet, dont buy her food (She eats table scraps), no toys. Her dog house has he floor cewed out of it, and has been like it for 5+ years. So the dog sleeps on the ground. on top of rocks! And about 13 years ago they bought her a collar and chain, and that is where she has been ever since! This chick was accually bragging and smiling that the dog costs her no money. takes up none of her time what so ever! This dog is about 12 lbs and 13 years old. And have ha dto deal with Newfoundlans worst weather! Its so sad.

Anyways. I seriously Lost it. I mean, I dont even know half the stuff I said, Its like i started and I couldnt stop. My mouth would open and words just started coming out:shrug: Not so nice words. I have absolutely NO respect what so ever for people like this anymore. I was in tears at the end. Im half ahsamed, because im pretty sure she fliched away from me at one point. But My God. I cant just stand there and listen to that without saying something, right?

I still cant beleive the spca wont touch this case!:yell:

TacoGrl
January 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
We all have our buttons and none of us are :angel: !

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders though, so I would just write it off...sounds like she isn't really worth the time you are wasting thinking about her.

Jim Hall
January 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
well good for you i firmly believe that regardless of age if you do not deserve respect you shouldnt get it

I usually ask idiots like that " Why do you have a dog then ?
If you spend no time with it why dont you just get a pet rock?

i know an acuantince like that too .he has a cat who never gets played with or petted unless me or one of my friends go over and give him some attention

why bother to have a pet then ?

babymomma
January 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
We all have our buttons and none of us are :angel: !

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders though, so I would just write it off...sounds like she isn't really worth the time you are wasting thinking about her.

Thanks.. I cant stop thinking about what she said! I keep thinking of the poor dog:frustrated: I have this crazy dog napping plot going through my head. :eek:

babymomma
January 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
well good for you i firmly believe that regardless of age if you do not deserve respect you shouldnt get it

I usually ask idiots like that " Why do you have a dog then ?
If you spend no time with it why dont you just get a pet rock?

i know an acuantince like that too .he has a cat who never gets played with or petted unless me or one of my friends go over and give him some attention

why bother to have a pet then ?

Exactly! Why have the pet? Its just so fricken selfish!:yell:

Masha
January 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
I agree with Jim, respect is not tied to age. If she doesn't deserve it, then i couldn't care less how old she is, adult or not. I probably would have done something similar, or worse as i may have chickened out and just thought all those things inside my head and wished that i had the courage to speak up like you did. I think you should be proud of yourself!

ancientgirl
January 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Respect is certainly something earned and I in no way believe it to be an entitlement. I've known a lot of people older than me who I wouldn't give the time of day to.

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about whether you offended this person, as she doesn't deserve that kind of consideration.

It is unfathomable to me that a person would have a pet and not even spend any time with it. And to actually be so proud about it as to brag about it to other people. That doesn't fly with me and in this day and age, it doesn't fly with a lot of people.

That poor old dog. He deserves better than to be spending the remaining years he has left chained and sleeping on a rocky ground. :mad:

14+kitties
January 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Don't give it a second thought kid. Maybe some of what you said sunk into her head. :fingerscr :grouphug:

angeldogs
January 22nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
Your only human.i know i would have said something as most true dedicated animals lovers mostly would have too.respect is something that is earned.and it's hard to respect people who can't respect living creatures in there care.

kiara
January 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Good of you to tell her off. And you really have a good reason to do it. It is not going to do any good anyway, since people are the way they are and you cannot change them. Why have a pet if you will not love it? Can't figure people out! Pets are not toys to control! Left outside on a chain! Poor doggie!

Jim Hall
January 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
now that you anger has cooled why not buy the doggie a nice new blanket or bed maybe you will shame her into taking better care of her

BenMax
January 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
now that you anger has cooled why not buy the doggie a nice new blanket or bed maybe you will shame her into taking better care of her

That is a wonderful idea Jim Hall. I would actually put it by the door without a note as to whom it is from. If she doesn't know who - then she may be always wondering who knows about her secret.....or how many know. Let her be paranoid.

Babymomma - this is unfortunately the attitude of people who do not put any loving value onto their animals. This is something that we in rescue see day in, day out. It is heart wrenching - but believe it or not it gives people like me more drive and passion to keep going. I am also a huge believer in karma. What goes around comes around....I know this to be true. Don't worry - she will get what she deserves somewhere down the road - she will know what discomfort is and what feeling helpless is like. Awful to say - but it will happen. Bless her soul.

browniesmom
January 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
It make no sense to me why they even have animal's i think they do just because they can.
I hate people like that.