Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yay, I'm actually getting money back from Uncle Sam!

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
This afternoon we got our IRS stuff from our accountant. That included my W-2 and I immediately went online to file my taxes. OMG, for the first time in like 4 years I'm actually getting money back!!!!! When I started working for my boss here, I was coming off of working from home. So I was still having forms to fill out for that for like 2 years afterward. Then I was going to get money back one year, but had an outstanding IRS payment from when I was working at home, so they took my refund and applied it to what I owed, so I got nothing back! Then last year I had to include some money from a pension a former company I worked for sent me that I cashed in because, again, I needed the money. That put me in a higher tax bracket so I owed money! Gah! I knew this year would be different, because I didn't work at home last year nor did I have any extra money coming in from anywhere! Hah!

I can't tell you how badly I need that money. What I'd planned on doing was just save the money, and use it as spending money. Basically for groceries, food for the cats, gas. Then I will be able to use my entire paycheck to not only pay my rent and car and insurance, but I will be able to make some substantial payments to pay off my credit cards.

If I don't have to worry about money for food and gas and such, then I can take all of the money from my paycheck and allocate it properly and pay off as much as I can.

I've still got to be frugal, but this is really really going to help me. I've already been able to slash my breakfast and lunch spending as well as my cable bill.

I'm having them direct deposit it into my bank account, and I'm supposed to see that in my account from 8-14 days, which should mean I should get it by the end of the month. Perfect timing!

Yay!http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gif

Love4himies
January 21st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Wahoo :thumbs up You gotta love that unexpected money.

BTW, I giggle when I see your avatar. :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Wahoo :thumbs up You gotta love that unexpected money.

BTW, I giggle when I see your avatar. :laughing:

Yes, it's like found money. You work and work all year having them take and take. It's nice to get some of that back, especially when you really need it.

Isn't that little guy cute? For the longest time I didn't know what he was doing, then figured out after seeing Kiska after a yawn, that he was yawning.

Here's one with another kitty and a bigger view.

rainbow
January 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
WOOO HOOO for the windfall :highfive: ...wouldn't it be nice if things like this happened in threes? :goodvibes:

Cute kitty :lovestruck: ...but my gawd his ears are big. :D

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
Rainbow, I would not be complaining if I had two other surprises ahead of me. :D

I adore these little kitties. They're so cute. I think they are Siamese no? Art their ears that big when they're little?