Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey guys, I heard from Phoozles

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I've been wondering how things were going with Ethel, so I contacted Phoozles on her Facebook page. I heard back from her and this is what she said.

Ethel's doing okay.. still slow and steady.. last night Jake (on a leash) pretty much left her alone - progress! And now one of the calico kittens that we saw last spring has been hanging around. We've named her Pickles and we have let her stay in our garage because it's been so crazy cold around here..

Looks like there's some progress. I'm wondering now about the new kitty. :sad: At least this new one has someplace warm to stay.

Phoo, seems to be in the midst of wedding plans so it looks like she's not had time to post.

14+kitties
January 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
WooHoo!! I figured it was wedding plans that were keeping her away. Glad to hear that things are slowly improving. And the new kitty. As long as she is living there she will be seeing that. :sad: So so sad.

phoozles
January 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks for updating, ancient..

Yeah, we're still at a stalemate, pretty much with Ethel.. The drugs have calmed her down with us, but not so much with Alley. I had her out on her leash the other morning, and she would have ripped off Alley's fur if she had had the chance..

Jake seems to have mellowed out when it comes to her, however.. He used to lash out at her, but the past couple of times we've had them both out he's ignored her.. It could be because he was also on a leash :shrug:

We're still trucking, but with all the added non-pet related stress that's been happening, we haven't been consistant with our introductions.. Ethel's medication runs out today. I don't know that it was really making a difference with her and the other cats.. I told my fiance that it's his job to follow through with the vet - I've had too much on my plate lately, so he promised he would.. :rolleyes:

Oh, and FH has taken quite a liking to little Pickles.. She's one of the calicos we found last summer - I think I've seen her sister around too, but Pickles has been around much more.. FH said he wanted to trade Ethel for her :eek: He was just joking, of course. We've been keeping her and the other stray (Squishy) well fed and warm during our cold snaps.

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
There's a lot going on in your life right now so it's hard for you to be consistent. I know you and FH will get through this.