Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cleaning a Cat

Khari
January 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I have had my cats for 12 years. Not once have I cleaned them on my own. My one cat had chronic diarrhea and I would have him shaved around his behind once in awhile. But since on a raw diet it has completely cleared up. But now I have noticed he has not been cleaning himself??? Because there is a strong pee residue left on his behind....so I would like to clean him (he is a long haired cat). Does anybody have any suggestions to make it easy and a little more stress free for him and I? Should I use a shampoo? And if so what would you recommend? :)

BenMax
January 20th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Khari I always use animal wipes that I get at WM. I have a persian that I have groomed regularily due to poop 'dangles'. Once her lion cut grows out, I use these wipes to keep her 'fresh'.:)

Khari
January 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Khari I always use animal wipes that I get at WM.

Oh wow, that sounds so much LESS stressful :thumbs up I cut out some of the accumulation of the urine in the last month but of course the smell is still there. This would definately help with the smell. Animal wipes at WM (is that Wal-mart?)

BenMax
January 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Oh wow, that sounds so much LESS stressful :thumbs up I cut out some of the accumulation of the urine in the last month but of course the smell is still there. This would definately help with the smell. Animal wipes at WM (is that Wal-mart?)

The wipes are slightly scented so it does cut down on the odour. I found this a good solution since there is no way I can even attempt to bath her.

Yes Wal-mart in the animal section near the animal shampoo products.

If anything, I am pleased with this product.

Khari
January 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
I am going to try a pet store first though b/c I try to avoid supporting Walmart at all costs. :p :shrug:

BenMax
January 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
I am going to try a pet store first though b/c I try to avoid supporting Walmart at all costs. :p :shrug:

I hear you. I am sure that a petstore will have this.