Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Princess~Queen Cass of Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Princess~Queen Cass is the oldest, wisest and most beautiful Princess~Queen around.
She is a very good queen, fair and gentle in her ruling. Her subjects love her.

She has a sprightly trot and loves to chase and retrieve Kongs. Squirrels are her favorite backyard critter.
She and Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie will often spend a pleasurable afternoon together staring up at squirrels they've treed.

Extremely talented and versatile, the Princess~Queen has recently opened a successful Counter Surfing Business.
She has perfected that little apologetic eye-squint for use after a successful counter raid that melts the Hazel Run Mama's heart
when she tries to scold the Mischievous Royal.

The eye-squint is slightly less effective when the HRM catches Cass eating poop :yuck:

And beware! If you value your hearing, bring ear plugs when you visit.
The Princess~Queen has a piercing, high-pitched bark that will set your eardrums to twanging. :dog:

Keeping an eye on her subjects out of doors:

Waiting with Esquire Brier to go into her Hazel Run Palace:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Notice the black devil's horns on top of the Princess~Queen's head.
The Hazel Run Humans have found that these tufts of hair predict the Princess~Queen's mood.
If she's feeling like an :angel:, the hair will lie flat.
If, however, the :evil: has taken her, the devil horns will stick straight up.

At the particular moment these pics were taken, :angel: and :evil: were still battling it out. :D

Diamondsmum
January 19th, 2009, 11:10 PM
awwww Princess~Queen Cass

Such a lady with her coy eyes.:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Although well-loved by all her subjects, the Royal Miss often feels the burdens of Royalty:

Having to keep her subjects happy all the time, even at the expense of her own comfort...

And, of course, the ever-present pawparazzi who show up
just as the pooped Princess~Queen is about to catch some much-needed shut-eye.

"Okay, Mom! Enough is enough. The Queen will accept no more audiences today."

growler~GateKeeper
January 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Princess~Queen Cass is a purrty grrl :lovestruck:

Love the shot of her & Brier waiting hehe she's getting him to do all the work asking to be let in :laughing: Always love the snuggle pics :lovestruck: Tufty mood fur :laughing:

14+kitties
January 20th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Princess Cass is beautiful even with those little horns. :cloud9: Counter surfing is a very interesting habit to develop. :D It helps keep her slim and trim (unless, of course, she is successful in the surfing). :rolleyes:

2 down, 6 to go. :D

Love4himies
January 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Princess Queen Cass doesn't have :evil: horns :eek:, that is to hold her crown in place :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2009, 08:21 AM
What a beautiful girl!

Adriann27
January 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Sooo pretty!!! Just like a Queen! I love the cuddle picture :lovestruck::cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Aw, :thankyou: for the compliments, everyone. The Princess~Queen accepts your adulation and will allow you to snuggle and kiss Her Royal Person should you ever come to visit. :o :laughing:

Everyone loves to cuddle with the Queen, growler and Adriann :D:
47177 47179

And a really early one at the old house with puppies Ember and Cole :cloud9::

Princess Cass is beautiful even with those little horns. :cloud9: Counter surfing is a very interesting habit to develop. :D It helps keep her slim and trim (unless, of course, she is successful in the surfing). :rolleyes:

She put her front paws on the front of the stove the other day and proceeded to help herself to some spaghetti sauce from the pan on the front burner! :eek: Luckily I hadn't turned the burner on, yet. Unfortunately, she's been self-rewarding like that...it's gonna be a tough habit for us to break since she doesn't consider it a vice :o

ETA: Oh, and um, 14+...ahem...when do we get the individual threads for your crew? Hmmmm? ;)

Princess Queen Cass doesn't have :evil: horns :eek:, that is to hold her crown in place :lovestruck:.

Ah, yes. The crown stabilizers! :o

:laugh: I love it!

Mat&Murph
January 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
She is sooo beautiful!!! I love the snuggie pic with Dad!! Tooo cute :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
She's a real Daddy's girl. :cloud9: She does that a lot...and being rather smallish, she fits in his lap pretty nicely. :D

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
meg4050's Dad cut this from one of the patterns I made from a photo. We gave it to hubby's folks for their 65th wedding anniversary this year. :thumbs up

Mat&Murph
January 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Awwww that is too sweet!!!! Where was that done? I would like to get one of the boys

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I made a pattern from a photo, sized it to where I wanted it and sent a copy to Meg's Dad. He does extremely detailed scroll sawing!

To make a pattern, I print a photo (set to fill a regular sheet of printer paper) on a black-and-white printer, tape a clean sheet of paper over the top, then lean it against a window or a lightbox so I can trace out the dark areas. Once they're outlined, I color in the dark areas...

The only thing you need to keep in mind is that all the white areas have to connect since otherwise they'll fall out when the dark areas are cut away.

As an example, this:

becomes this:

Diamondsmum
January 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
ohhhh Hazel that is gorgous :)

I too love the snuggle one with dad. :cloud9:

rainbow
January 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Cass is just so beautiful .....definitely deserves to be a Princess/Queen. :lovestruck:

I love the pic of her snuggling with HRD :cloud9: and the one with puppies Ember and Cole. :cloud9:

angeldogs
January 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cass is a very gorgeous Princess/Queen.The picture you had do is awsome.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks, guys.

krdahmer
January 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

Oh oh oh I am so excited!!! Are all the babies getting their own photo threads??? Do I have to wait all the way till tomorrow for another??? huh huh huh???

The Queen looks extra loverly watching over her subjects outdoors (and no doubt keeping an eye on any yardly intruders too... such a tiresome job! :cloud9::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Yep, after I posted King Ember's thread, the rest of the Pack demanded their own. :dog: They have the Hazel Run Mama wrapped around their paws, y'know, so she had to oblige.

I just took some more pics but I have to download, rename, resize and sort before posting. Might be some tonight yet, depending on whether or not I decide to do some housework this afternoon. :o :laughing:

Oh, and yes, the Princess~Queen is very conscientious about her royal duties, even the tedious ones. :D

rainbow
January 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM
:eek: Nobody told me there was going to be individual threads for the pack. :thumbs up :cloud9:

Off to find The King.....

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
It was growler's fault. :D

rainbow
January 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM
WOO HOO Growler :highfive: ....I always liked that girl. :D

Ford Girl
January 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Aww, I just saw this thread, she is tooo cute....I love her coloring and the pic of the 3 couch potatos.

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I love her coloring and the pic of the 3 couch potatos.
That was at our old house when the King was just a Prince and the Sheriff was still dreaming of going into the Septic Pumping business. :laughing:

14+kitties
January 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
She put her front paws on the front of the stove the other day and proceeded to help herself to some spaghetti sauce from the pan on the front burner! :eek: Luckily I hadn't turned the burner on, yet. Unfortunately, she's been self-rewarding like that...it's gonna be a tough habit for us to break since she doesn't consider it a vice :o

:eek::eek: Dangerous!!

ETA: Oh, and um, 14+...ahem...when do we get the individual threads for your crew? Hmmmm? ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Funny gal you are!!

Mat&Murph
January 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Too cool!! Hazel Thanks

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Aw, c'mon, 14+!!! :frustrated: :p

Too cool!! Hazel Thanks

If you have a favorite picture of the boys and need help making a pattern, let me know and I'll work one up for you :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
January 20th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hazelrunn---your pack is so beautiful and so photogenic!

I love the black devil's horns on top of the Princess~Queen's head. Our Gryphon has a similar horn on top of HIS head which we sometimes hold it down with a pretty pink gemmed barette. My husband gets so upset when all of us girls in the family put a pretty pink barette in his little horn. I'll post the pic in my photo album :thumbs up

meg4050
January 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Awwwww she's so cuteeee! :lovestruck: I think my dad and I should take a roadtrip so he can meet his scrollsaw subjects :D

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 09:09 PM
omd, klmccallum, that is just tooo cute!!!! :laughing: Excellent idea! :thumbs up

I don't think the Princess~Queen would allow such liberties to be taken with Her Royal Person, though. Heads would roll should I attempt such a thing. :eek: Hmmmm....:lightbulb: Unless I can find a royal purple one and convince her that all the Princess~Queens are wearing them this year! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Awwwww she's so cuteeee! :lovestruck: I think my dad and I should take a roadtrip so he can meet his scrollsaw subjects :D

Sounds good to me, meg! :D Any time!

Dee-O-Gee
January 20th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Well Hazelrun...you can say to Princess~Queen's Royal Person that this is now the "in thing" to do. A Royal purple horn holder would look simply beautiful on your majesty.

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 09:29 PM
:laughing:

Stacer
January 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
My what postively perfect posture the princess~queen has!

I'm a fan of those horns that she sports. At the right angle they could even be eyebrows.

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Don't encourage her :evil: horns, Stacer! She gets in enough trouble as it is! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
:eek: Nobody told me there was going to be individual threads for the pack. :thumbs up :cloud9:

Off to find The King.....

It was growler's fault. :D

WOO HOO Growler :highfive: ....I always liked that girl. :D

:laugh: At least it's the good stuff I'm getting blamed for this time :p :laugh:

Love the King & Princess~Queen cuddle pic :lovestruck::cloud9::sleepy:

TeriM
January 23rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
The queen is looking simply beautiful :lovestruck:. Those snuggle pics make my heart melt :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks, Teri. She is a fabulous snuggler. I think they teach them that at Queen School :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Here's 1 loud and barky video featuring Princess~Queen Cass and 1 quiet where we get a good shot of her sweet face :D :

Playtime at Hazel Run (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/840811/3462177) Cass leads the Pack in the chase scene

Cass inspects the Evidence of the Esquire's digging prowess (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/961261/3727802)

Luvmypitgirls
February 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Oh Cole as a puppy!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

Princess~Queen Cass is gorgeous too:lovestruck:

Hazel, I so enjoy looking at the pictures of your fuzzy babies:cloud9:

allymack
February 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
The wopd carving is so nice! wow! and cass, what a gorgeous girl:cloud9::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
The Princess~Queen thanks you for the compliments. :dog: She sat on my lap while we read through the thread :cloud9:

The other day I pulled something out of the fridge for supper and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the rocking chair was wiggling. The camera was on the table so I grabbed it and walked over, thinking I'd catch Brier trying to climb into it. Instead, I caught the Princess-Queen sneakily spying on what Mom was taking out of the fridge...I think she was planning her next counter surfing target! :D

Once she realized she'd been spotted, she slowly sank back out of sight! :lauging:

Cracked me up!

angeldogs
February 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
the princess queen does have a pretty face and eyes.the pics are cute.
So you have a counter surfing food hound too.or just a counter surfer.:D

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Man, I'm tellin' ya...just in the past few months she's suddenly decided to be self-feeding. :rolleyes: The worst was the day I caught her with front paws up on the stove eating spaghetti sauce out of a pan! :eek: Luckily the burner was off... It's such a tough habit to break when the behavior is self-rewarding... :o

angeldogs
February 3rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
Man, I'm tellin' ya...just in the past few months she's suddenly decided to be self-feeding. :rolleyes: The worst was the day I caught her with front paws up on the stove eating spaghetti sauce out of a pan! :eek: Luckily the burner was off... It's such a tough habit to break when the behavior is self-rewarding... :o

I know and jag is teaching ginger the samething.jag did burn his nose on a pot lastnight.not a bad but will bet you a dollar to a dounut he didn't learn his lesson.

Frenchy
February 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Princess Queen Cass :lovestruck: one of my 8 favorites from the pack :D

that pic of her in your hubby's arms is too cute :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
The Queen extends her Royal Thanks, Frenchy! :D And she loves cuddling with her Daddy :cloud9:

I know and jag is teaching ginger the samething.jag did burn his nose on a pot lastnight.not a bad but will bet you a dollar to a dounut he didn't learn his lesson.

Ya, I suspect it will take more than a tender nose to convince Cass, too :rolleyes: Do you think Ginger learned the lesson? (Let Jag do it cuz sometimes you get hurt. :dog:) :D