Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More lumps for Keeper . . . . but a walk in the mountains

Rick C
January 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Carol found two more lumps on Keeper this morning . . . . we'll take her to the vet this afternoon for a look. Hopefully they are just more of the fatty, harmless lumps she's had before rather than a cancer recurrence. Keeper is nearing the end of her chemo treatments. Keeper is a cancer survivor after three difficult operations in the late summer/fall so we hope this isn't something new.

Yesterday, Keeper walked the snowshoe trail up to Chester Lake. Given the deep snow pack, we have to find some beaten down paths. I think the snow is about four to six feet deep on either side of these paths so not a lot of things to sniff. This is actually a fairly steep uphill climb - although we were passing all the snowshoe folks with my big boots -

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0108-edit1.jpg

Although Calgary set a new record high this day, it was actually about minus 10 celcius when we started this walk, but significantly warmer up here when we arrived.

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0287-edit1.jpg

Below, Abby on the x-country ski trail we descended on. Not much traffic.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0211-edit1.jpg

Polly enjoys a warm sunset

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0048-edit1.jpg

Give some thoughts for Keeper's vet meeting this afternoon.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

SIL
January 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Rick, as usual your pictures are amazing. Sending lots of :goodvibes: and :pray: for Keeper's vet visit.

14+kitties
January 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM
More than thoughts. Lots of :pray:ers, :goodvibes:, and :fingerscr for beautiful Keeper. And :grouphug: for you and Carol. It's tough.
Wonderful pics again. Almost makes me want to brave the cold. Almost. :rolleyes:

Love4himies
January 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Beautiful pics, Ric.

Sending some :goodvibes: for Keeper and :grouphug: for you and your wife.

krdahmer
January 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Beautiful as usual... the views aren't bad either! ;)

And tons of :goodvibes: & :pray: that those are fatty lumps!! :fingerscr

Chris21711
January 19th, 2009, 04:39 PM
:pray:'s for Keeper that it is just darn fatty lumps Rick.

Beautiful pics as always :thumbs up

That last pic of Polly, if I didn't know different, looks almost like she is sitting on a dock jutting out on a lake :cloud9: I know, I know we still have a ways to go until then :yell:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Beautiful pictures, Rick. Such majestic scenes. How many kms of snowshoe trails do you have access to? We have some trails through the county forest here, but really not enough snow to warrant bringing out the shoes...and of course, there are no mountains to spice up the scenery. :D

Lots of :fingerscr and 32 crossed :pawprint:s that Keeper's new lumps are just some of those pesky fatty lumps!

growler~GateKeeper
January 22nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Gorgeous pics as always :cloud9: just love the 2nd one :lovestruck:

How did things go with Keeper? :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

rainbow
January 22nd, 2009, 04:00 AM
Beautiful place for a hike. :cloud9:

I love the second pic too as well as Polly in the sunset. :lovestruck:

Hope Keeper just has recurring fatty lumps. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

clm
January 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
OMG I missed this one. Love the pics as always. Do you have an update on Keeper?

Cindy

diandpat
January 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Beautiful pcs Rick, as usual. Ginger and Hobo would LOVE to have such a majestic place to walk :thumbs up

Any news on beautiful Keeper and hopefully the new fatty lumps??? :shrug:

Hope all is well.:fingerscr

ancientgirl
January 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
I just noticed this and see the original post date. Rick, I hope all is well with your girl and you haven't posted an update because you have been busy.

:pray: Hoping and praying for good news.

Rick C
January 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Thank you for asking about Keeper.

Her biopsy procedure is Friday. Results after that.

There will be more sunny, summer days to sit in the field with Keeper, time slowly slipping by . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/16150130-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

14+kitties
January 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
:pray::fingerscr for tomorrow's biopsy. I really hope it is just fatty lumps. My thoughts will be with you.

rainbow
January 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
Sending lots of prayers and good wishes for you, Carol and Keeper. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

TeriM
January 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Beautiful pics :cloud9:.

Sending lots of good vibes and healthy wishes for Keeper :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
January 23rd, 2009, 02:28 AM
More :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
We're :fingerscr and crossing a bunch of :pawprint:s for Keeper today, Rick! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
January 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Good luck today :fingerscr :goodvibes: :pray:

Rick C
January 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you for asking about Keeper.

Her procedure went well. A little groggy from some anesthisia (sp?) and has a couple of stiches on each hip where biopsy samples were taken.

Currently snoozing nearby on a minus 21 Celcius indoor day. Too cold for her outdoors, although yours truly was out running for an hour along the river in Calgary this morning.

Keeper is looking forward to more sunset scratches.

http://www.goldentales.ca/18360012-edit3.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

diandpat
January 24th, 2009, 04:50 PM
And, as always, we are looking forward to your beautiful pictures of them ;)
:pray::pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes : that all biopsies return benign

14+kitties
January 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
What a gorgeous picture of her!! I am praying there will be many many more adventures for Keeper. :fingerscr

chico2
January 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Rick,I just notice your post too,The headshot of Keeper shows just how beautiful she is and I:pray::fingerscrthat she will be ok.:goodvibes:
The pic of pretty little Polly is really nice as well.
:grouphug:to you,Carol and Keeper and a little one for sweet Polly.

growler~GateKeeper
January 25th, 2009, 01:01 AM
:goodvibes: for favourable results