Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bunduk trapped for 13 hours!!!!

onster
January 19th, 2009, 10:35 AM
:cry: I'm soooo horrible!! I cannot believe what I did!

Bunduk follows me everywhere if he's awake (and cries for me ifhe doesnt see me) so I really should have noticed :sad: What happened was, we were on a cooking marathon yesterday (dinner party today) and at the end of the day there was no room for some of the dishes in the fridge so my mom asked me to put them in the cold room.....usually when I go into the cold room I close the door behind me do whatever I have to do and then make sure bunduk doesnt go in when I go out (he was trapped there before for 3 hours or so after following someone).

Weeelll this time I was carrying a huge tray and didnt close the door, didnt see him come in and when I finished I just left and shut the door. That was 10pm yesterday.

At 11pm or so my mom asked where Bunduk was. Usually this is when I freak out loook everywhere and then find him asleep somewhere but for some reason I just said "dunno prob asleep somehwhere"

I studied till 3am..did I find it weird Bunduk didnt come up to me? no! :shrug::wall:

When I woke up a few times, I noticed bunduk wasnt in his bed but I thought maybe he wanted to sleep with my parents or something.

11am my dad goes into the cold room to get some onions and he finds none other than bunduk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

IM SO HORRIBLE :yell:

Usually I freak out when he's not in my room and I dont settle down until I give him his night cuddle...I dont know how I did this.

He pulled out all the insulation outlining the door, peed on the floor...poor boy he was sooo scared. Oh and its freezing in there! :(

He ate some now and Ive tried to make ammends, cuddling, treats etc but he keeps parking himself in front of the cold room and crying (meowing reaaaly sad meows).

I cant believe I did that.

Chris21711
January 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Oh Dear Onster......:eek:

He probably wants back in so he can finish what he was nommin on :D

onster
January 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM
lol

im seriously sooo lucky, the telephone wires outline the door with the insulation, he got them exposed, so I had to tuck them back in but he didnt nom them

*phew*

His pee puddle kinda seeped into the concrete, i scrubbed at it but its still darker than the surrounding area..i think i may need to get nature's miracle.

When I was cleaning the mess he followed me in again and I almost shut him in again!! Of course this time I checked! Seriously u dont know how horrible I feel :( how could I not notice he was missing for so long??

krdahmer
January 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Oh no! He just had a little scare and thought you forgot about him, I'm sure with a few days of extra treats and snuggles he'll see his way to forgive you! ;) Accidents happen, he's probably meowing at that door to let you know he had an accident in there.... my guys do that if they barf or have an accident too, they know they've gone somewhere they shouldn't.

That happened all the time at my folks with Cordelia and the basement, she'd be locked down there overnight all the time, and she'd never make a peep to let you know she was there, she'd just sit on the other side of the door waiting.... so they just took the door off. :laughing:

breeze
January 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Seriously u dont know how horrible I feel :( how could I not notice he was missing for so long??

cause you have a lot on your mind, studying, not feeling to well, tired... have I covered all of it?? hummmmmmm

that's why..

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Poor Bunduk!

When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was going to be him stuck in the couch again :o

What kind of insulation was around the door? Think he ate any of it or did he just shred it?

Sounds like he knows how to make mommy feel real guilty--the little booger sitting in front of the scene of the 'crime' and scolding her! :cat:

I'm glad you found him! But now don't you feel guilty about thinking he was the culprit last night when the glass was broken? Yes, hazel is helpin' Bunduk guilt out Mama! :p

Love4himies
January 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Oh poor bunduk (DH did that to Puddles once). I am sure Bunduk does not connect you to closing the door. :grouphug: and I don't think he was too traumatized, he did follow you in again.

As for the concrete, it is very porous so liquids do seep in. When it dries out you may not see any stain.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Krdhamer, I do think he's trying to tell me about the pee...he always gets himself trapped places, few weeks ago he was trapped in the closet, before that the garage..we reaaaly need to be careful to see where he follows us. Usually he's only trapped for a few hours max because when I notice hes MIA I look for him...

He does meow though, I didnt hear him at all last night tho

breeze i know...but still I feel badly :sad:

HRP just the regular pink insulation, dunno if he ate any :shrug: It was an insulation explosion, pink everywhere. lol and yes i did think about the glass...there I was blaming him and he was trapped!

L4H I dont really mind a stain, its just the cold room but I just hope it doesnt stink cuz we store food in there.

I dunno if he's traumatized, but he sure has me wrapped around his paws :crazy: I lured him upstairs away from the cold room to my room with treats, figured he didnt sleep much. Played with him, fed him as much treats as he wanted and stayed on the bed until he began to curl up to sleep, crept out of the room.

Started to write this reply and then I started to hear crying again!! My room door was open but he was just sitting on the floor crying :shrug: So I just carried him to the computer room and hes sitting on the sofa now with Onnie, sleeping. The boy is milking it :evil: lol

onster
January 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
ummm ya he's officially punishing me, its gonna be a loooong day, lol.

Had to get the things out of the cold room so I left the door open, he went in I carried the first pot out, leaving door open...came downstairs and he was crying inside even tho door open :shrug:

After I was done, carried him upstairs to be with me and now he's sitting on the floor crying :confused::shrug:

onster
January 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
maybe he just got no sleep so hes like a baby, being all whiney/grump pants :shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Silly little boy! :cat: He knows where your soft spots are and how to pull your strings, onster. Little imp!! :evil: :laughing:

Unless you think maybe his tummy is upset from the insulation? :shrug: Was it the pink styrofoam stuff or the pink fiberglass stuff (looks like cotton candy)?

jessi76
January 19th, 2009, 12:21 PM
oh no! it's happened to us all at some point... I can't count the number of times I've locked our cat Nala in our son's room. I close the door because our dog will go in there when we're not home, claim a stuffed toy, and destuff it.... so many times I've locked poor Nala in there, not noticing she's sleeping in the blanket drawer under the crib. Now I TRY to do a furry head count before I rush out the door in the morning.

14+kitties
January 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Bunduk and his adventures! When will he learn it is safest at home and away from strange doors? Silly boy.

On the other hand, has he used the litter box since you let him out? I would be concerned if he ripped the insulation apart that he either; inhaled a large amount or; ate some. Could you phone the vet to see what they would recommend? Better safe than sorry.

bendyfoot
January 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Poor guy. Sol and Riley once got locked in my bedroom...I'd left my apartment overnight, and forgot to jam open the bedroom door...sure enough the darn thing closed and they were stuck. No food, no water, no litter box, for almost 24 hours. Poor kitties were sooooo freaked out, and they used my duvet as the toilet. :sad:

It happens to the best of us :grouphug: He'll be fine.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
OH no! Poor Bunduk! Thank goodness he's okay, that's the important thing.

I've done something similar. Vlad, Kiska and Oksana love jumping into the bottom shelf of the fridge. I don't keep anything down there, so usually I accomodate them and let them get their jollies, even shut the door slightly so it's still open and they can peer out.

Once, Kiska jumped in there and I let her have her fun with the door slightly closed until I finished some things in the kitchen. I totally forgot about her. I finished in the kitchen then sat down in the living room to watch TV. After 5 minutes I was giving the others treats and noticed she wasn't around. Then I realized there was meowing coming from the kitchen. Poor little thing shot out of the fridge like a bat out of hell. I felt terrible!

There have been numerous times when they've jumped in there and I hadn't even noticed!

It's a scary thing to think about.

Just give him lots of hugs and kisses and above all treats!

Love4himies
January 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
:laughing: I think Bunduk is taking full advantage of your guilt :laughing: :laughing:. He is a smarty :p

Stacer
January 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Poor Bunduk!! I think it's a kitty right of passage to be trapped somewhere for a prolonged period of time!:laughing: I hope he forgives you soon, otherwise you're going to have a long night ahead of you :evil:

In August, a week after we moved into our new house, Finn went missing for 18 hours :eek:. I had went out to our second floor deck and didn't realize she followed me out, then I went back in a shut her out there all night and most of the next day. It wasn't until the morning that I noticed she wasn't around and we went into full panic. It was one of the worst days of my life thinking she was gone forever. Hubby found her crying softly underneath the barbeque while I was out postering the neighbourhood crying like a fool.

She got over it in a few days, so Bunduk will only punish you for another 36 hours or so. :laughing:

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Silly little boy! :cat: He knows where your soft spots are and how to pull your strings, onster. Little imp!! :evil: :laughing:

Unless you think maybe his tummy is upset from the insulation? :shrug: Was it the pink styrofoam stuff or the pink fiberglass stuff (looks like cotton candy)?

fiberglass/cotton candy stuff...is that bad???

oh no! it's happened to us all at some point... I can't count the number of times I've locked our cat Nala in our son's room. I close the door because our dog will go in there when we're not home, claim a stuffed toy, and destuff it.... so many times I've locked poor Nala in there, not noticing she's sleeping in the blanket drawer under the crib. Now I TRY to do a furry head count before I rush out the door in the morning.

but I only have two and only one does this silly thing..i just need to do a bunduk head count from now on :cool:

Bunduk and his adventures! When will he learn it is safest at home and away from strange doors? Silly boy.

On the other hand, has he used the litter box since you let him out? I would be concerned if he ripped the insulation apart that he either; inhaled a large amount or; ate some. Could you phone the vet to see what they would recommend? Better safe than sorry.

I called the vet and they said not to worry hes probably just upset, if he starts acting lethargic or anything I can bring him in if I like. They asked if theres anything toxic in there..there is actually, all the big cleaning bottles from costco, but they are all sealed thank God. i checked to make sure he didnt nom thru anything.

Thanks all for ure :grouphug: and similar stories...I dont feel quite as bad now!!

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM
bendy, thanks :grouphug: did ure duvet survive? :eek:

AG the fridge! wow...lol ok so maybe thats colder than the cold room :crazy:

L4H ure absolutely right :p

stacer he thankfully fell asleep now :D phew i hope sleeping counts in the "hours u have to torture mommy"

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=Bundukwhines.flv

Until he fell asleep he was doing this!!! first i was on the comp on pets.ca, then i was doing LSAT stuff and he was whining downstairs..brough him upstairs, then he went into bro's closet and started whining!!!

Notice how he turns his back to me in the first clip :crazy::rolleyes: :evil:

PS. sorry the only thing im saying is bunduk, bunduk..hahaa..must counter his annoying me by annoying him.

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
...he keeps parking himself in front of the cold room and crying (meowing reaaaly sad meows).

He probably wants back in so he can finish what he was nommin on :D

That's what I was thinking. I don't think he was as badly traumatized as you were, Onster :grouphug:.

Poor Bunduk!
When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was going to be him stuck in the couch again :o [/size]

Omd, I completely forgot about that :laughing:. Bunduk certainly has had his share of adventures :crazy:.

Had to get the things out of the cold room so I left the door open, he went in I carried the first pot out, leaving door open...came downstairs and he was crying inside even tho door open :shrug:

He's probably wondering where those telephone wires went to that he was about to nom before he was interrupted :D.

I'm sure he's just fine Onster. I would however keep an eye on his stool in case he ingested some of that insulation.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM
LOL LP ure prob right...dagnabit, he almost had his first telephone wire in months!!! So close :evil: lol maybe it was all part of his master plan.

How bad would it be if he ate some insulation??

krdahmer
January 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM
:lovestruck: Now he's gonna talk non-stop just to make sure everyone knows where he is at all times... lol.:laughing:

Dog Dancer
January 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Poor Bunduk. Yeah I think we've all done similar things. I did that to Shadow a few months ago, and could she bark to tell me she was in the basement room, nooooo. We noticed immediately (20 minutes?) and she was already chewing her way out of the window:yell: But look how spoiled he's getting now, Bunduk has it covered. Probably wants to go back in again to get more treats....

Chris21711
January 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Onster if his crying doesn't sound like he is in distress at all I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep an eye on the litter box to make sure everything looks nice and normal.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
:lovestruck: Now he's gonna talk non-stop just to make sure everyone knows where he is at all times... lol.:laughing:

oh God noooooooooooooo lol. My mom is losing it :crazy: His meows are rather cute tho, hahaa very feminine

Poor Bunduk. Yeah I think we've all done similar things. I did that to Shadow a few months ago, and could she bark to tell me she was in the basement room, nooooo. We noticed immediately (20 minutes?) and she was already chewing her way out of the window:yell: But look how spoiled he's getting now, Bunduk has it covered. Probably wants to go back in again to get more treats....

awww poor shadow, shes a nommer too eh...:grouphug:

He had more than enough treats :eek: Im worried about the poop bomb im gonna have now, almost 3/4 can of wellness (the large ones), lotsa salmon treats, possible insulation.....this may be ugly.

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
How bad would it be if he ate some insulation??

I think it depends on what kind it is and how old it is. We had a litter of pups here before the holidays who had gotten into some before they arrived. They pooped styrofoam balls for three days :rolleyes: but didn't get sick. It's the fibreglass stuff that can be dangerous but I do think that the newer version of it is relatively safe...I have to look it up.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
oh and he hasnt used the litter box yet.....gonna have to watch that :fingerscr

Chris its not distress meowing..its Im just being annoying meowing :frustrated:

I think he'll be ok..i just had quite the start to my day. I was half asleep and my mom was asking me if I looked out for Bunduk when I put the croquettes in the cold room....I think I was out of bed in a millisecond!! it all clicked! :eek: of course my mom already knew that I had done that and that he was ok :evil: lol

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Onster, is there any way you can find out what kind of insulation it is? Maybe the make of it as well?

onster
January 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM
thanks LP, our house is about 10 yrs old its not styrofoam type, the cotton candy type.....I really dont think he ate any, but ill keep an eye on him just in case.

I tried to look it up, found this http://www.catchannel.com/care/safety/article_18525.aspx

Q. My cats like to explore my basement. I recently realized that one cat is going up into the ceiling area, which is lined with pink insulation. I am worried that it isn't good for her. I have found wafts of insulation on the floor, so I know she is digging into it.

Do you recommend I keep her away from that area? Is it unhealthy for her to be exposed to the insulation?

A. Unfortunately, there is not a great deal of information on the associated risks for cats exposed to insulation. Most of the pet-based epidemiologic health reports are largely limited to asbestos, pesticide and environmental tobacco smoke exposure. Since no studies have been performed, this does not mean that such chemical-based materials are safe.

Certainly, cats can display respiratory signs (such as asthma or irritant-related disease) and gastrointestinal signs (vomiting and diarrhea) if they are ingesting the insulation. Some cats manifest dermatological (skin) sensitivity to insulation as well. In addition to the problems related directly to the insulation, veterinarians worry about fungal exposure and exposure to other toxins in areas that contain insulation.

I think he'll be ok..ill watch for any signs of him not feeling well.

Thanks all!

onster
January 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I would have no idea how to find that out LP :shrug: The whole house is finished except for cold room which is partially finished.

Thanks so much for ure help but I wouldnt worry about it, he seems ok :thumbs up. I thought there was some immediate specific danger about ingesting the insulation, but from what I gather I just have to watch him and his poops for issues...for now I think hes fine :)

Fast asleep now

Sleeping like an :angel:

:laughing::rolleyes::evil:

Chris21711
January 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
oh and he hasnt used the litter box yet.....gonna have to watch that :fingerscr

Chris its not distress meowing..its Im just being annoying meowing :frustrated:

That's ok then, he is just letting you know he was not impressed with your actions: a) for forgetting about him or b) not letting back in to carry on with whatever he was doing in there :laughing:

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Sleeping like an :angel:

Awww :cloud9: :lovestruck:.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Bunduk started dry heaving now and the vet just closed :yell:

It could be all the treats I gave him, I dunno. At first it seemed like he had the hiccups , you can see where he sort of moves his head back in a hiccupy motion... I took video cuz sometimes its easier to show vet that way (rather than describe).

Should I be thinking emerg vet???

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04134.flv

He didnt throw antyhing up and just went back to napping.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Normally I would just think its a hairball, and maybe it is..but now im worried bout the insulation :yell:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm trying to download the video now...how long is it? So far, I've gotten the first 6 seconds which isn't too helpful :o

The fiberglass batting tends to be very irritating--get it on your skin and it itches like crazy till you use tape to pull off the fibers, or wash it off very well with a rough washcloth. If he's eaten some, it won't dissolve. If he's lucky, he'll barf it up :fingerscr

Does he seem to be trying to bring something up or could it be just irritation in his mouth? Can you dampen a rough washcloth and wipe off his tongue, or would he nail you? :o

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
His paws, too--if he was clawing at the stuff, he might have fibers on his pads, between his toes and on the fur of his feet that should be cleaned up before he grooms them off.

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I've seen most of the video (albeit in small segments :o) but I have no idea how that compares to normal hairball elimination.

If it were one of our dogs, onster, I'd be headed for the e-vet...just for peace-of-mind...

onster
January 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I went to the vet, our vet..I know she lives in the same place as her clinic (top floor) so I took a chance. She was there and opened up :thankyou:

She gave him something to induce vomiting just in case and sure enough he's puked up lotsss of food and ladies and gents not insulation, but a whole rolled up plastic shopping bag in 3 pieces !!!!! we store our shopping bags in the cold room but I didnt think he'd eat a whole one :eek: There was claw marks and they were displaced but I assumed he was just trying to find a way out.

She took an xray just in case..because it is bunduk :rolleyes: but everything was fine.

She only charged me for the xray too....she's becoming fond of little bunduk :evil:

The poor boy!!!!

She said he should be just fine now. Hes resting under my bed :goodvibes:

onster
January 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM
aww hazel, thanks for trying to look at the vid...i think the bag was begining to upset his tummy but he couldnt quite throw it up :shrug:

14+kitties
January 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Awww Bunduk! Poor sweetie. I bet he feels tons better now! Thank you for taking him to the vet so quickly. You probably feel relieved yourself knowing he will be ok. I tried opening the video but it wouldn't work. :sad: Glad he is doing better. He will probably sleep the rest of the night now.

I think you are going to have to tie a leash to that boy and keep him attached to you all the time so you know where he is!! :grouphug: for both of you.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
thanks 14+ :grouphug: He's fast asleep now..he's had quite the adventure!

Im much more relived now that vet has seen him. What a day :crazy:

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Oh Onster, poor Bunduk. What a harrowing 24 hours! He certainly needs some lovin'.:cloud9: I'm glad he's okay. But that bag! WTH? Thank goodness he barfed it out. That could have obstructed something.

onster
January 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I know eh..even I, the nominators mommy, was shocked at the plastic bag!!! :eek:

JennieV
January 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Oy...Poor Bunduk..! Onster, don't feel bad...these things happen to the best of us. I once locked my cat that I used to own in the washing machine...I took the wet laundry out and was on my way out of the room, just slammed the door, not realizing that kitty managed to jump in there in the 2-3 seconds that it took me to straighten up and fix my stuff in a basket. Then I just turned and slammed the door with my foot (it was a front loader)...As I was leaving the room, I heard a strange noise, turned around and looked for the source and saw the kitty pawing and clawing at the washer door from inside, with a wild look on her face..
:shrug:

Do you think that the crazy meowing could be bcz of the bag?? Like he wasn't feeling well??

onster
January 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
wow, all these stories..now im gonna be so paranoid..looking for bunduk in my room, in the fridge, in the washer :crazy: hehehe

Did u watch the vid of him meowing Jennie? Hes quite vocal anyhoo, and usually he may meow like that to get my attention BUT he stops when I go to him. He was just obessed with meowing to the poin that I treated it like a kid having a temper tantrum and tried to leave him alone to sort of cry himself to sleep...it didnt work. He only settled down a while later to nap with Onnie, then he started the heaving :shrug:

But to me, those meows dont sound like distress meows?

JennieV
January 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
no, not distress, but maybe that was why...Max used to really MMMMOW! especially at night, now that I switched him to a better food and introduced wet food to his daily meal - he is a changed kitty...I do not hear a peep out of him anymore...I think it may have been indigestion and stomach pain.
So maybe Bunduk was feeling weird, not in pain or anything, but weird...:shrug:

onster
January 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
hmmmm interesting, maybe he was. Either that or he was just very upset with me, but I dunno how far animal emotions can go in that sense/ if cats have the whole concept of guilt trips/milking it :evil::laughing:

Bunduk used to have a sensitive tummy as a kitten. Horrible stinky diarrhea, gas, the whole lot. When he took him to be neutered the vet actually attached a note to try a diff food to help with the 'frequency and smell of stools'...apparently they had to open all the windows after he used the litter box in the cage!! LOL He was on orijen then. I started adding yoghurt, switched to wellness and we also used some probiotic culture from the vet by purina and it alll stopped. No more gas and stinky poop, yay!

Jim Hall
January 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
hurghhh a plastic bag shaash DU is into them sometimes

IS thi s behavorial problem some thing like amanda where she esta if bored ? As far as hurling in the morning i have hed kits like that just feed them 1/2 and wait 10 min and feed the other is bunduk gaining or losing weight?

onster
January 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the tip re:morning feedings jim - ill def try that.

He isnt really gaining or losing but he eats a lot more than Onnie. Unless Onnie does his main eating at night :shrug:

I think Bunduk is kind of destructive out of boredom, I try to tire him out several times a day ..the easiest thing would be the laser pointer but I stopped using that because he gets very OCD about it. He'll still be looking for the red light 4 hours later!

onster
January 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
He does have pica tho..obsessive compulsive chewing disorder pretty much...he likes to chew, especially when he's sleepy.

Jim Hall
January 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
manda gets like that semmingly out of no where sort of a hyper alertness that usually results in zooming around

I dont know I htink bun and manda is the reason cats have 9 lives

bendyfoot
January 19th, 2009, 08:17 PM
oooohhhhh dear. Silly, silly, NAUGHTY Bunduk. :grouphug:

krdahmer
January 19th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek: A whole bag! Good job getting him there so quick! :thumbs up That's crazy! Fagan has that too, will chew anything plastic, so all plastic toys like springs, chip clips (his fave), my hair accessories, etc are always immediately hidden in a drawer when he's done supervised nomming on them. But a whole plastic bag??? I'm still floored! I know they said that they are such a danger to cats because there is some sort of rendered animal parts used in making the bags so they are actually nommable to a cat. I know Windy and Asker love to lick them when I get home with groceries.... now I know I have to be extra careful.

That silly Bunduk... he's always having such stressful adventures! :lovestruck: Glad he's sleeping it off! :sleepy:

angeldogs
January 19th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Poor baby boy,i hope he didn't eat any of the insulation.

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I'm so glad you took him in, onster! :grouphug:

Brier likes the occasional plastic bag, too...ya watch those nommin' boys like a hawk and they still manage to get their lips around no-nos... :rolleyes:

dustybird
January 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Awww silly kitty! He's had quite the day.
As you've read we have all done silly things with our pets so don't feel bad, everything turned out fine. I once almost crushed poor Stixx, she was under the dresser and I didn't know. Was putting laundry away and she tried to get in the drawer from behind, I kept trying to close it, like 5 different times and then finaly looked underneath....her poor little head was stuck between the drawer and the back of the dresser. I felt sick to my stomach right away thinking about what could have happend if I had tried to push really hard, she didn't make a peep.

Forest is obcessed with plastic bags and it's one of the main reasons we bought the cloth grocery bags. Good thing you got the silly boy to the vet, that's a lot of plastic. Forest got into one a week ago, hubby wasn't paying attention, I grabbed the little bugger and stuck my finger down his throat and about 10min later it came up. I never understood why the like them so much but now I know...eeew.

growler~GateKeeper
January 20th, 2009, 12:42 AM
My goodness the nominator was busy :eek: :eek:

I'm so glad everything is alright now & you got him to the vet quickly & she opened for you :grouphug:

The heaving video looks much more intense/forceful than any hairball heaving I've seen so you were definately right to get him in quick :thumbs up

I love the purr-mreows :lovestruck: my mum's cat does that all the time, Duffy hardly ever makes that sound.

Chris21711
January 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Nooooooooooo Bunduk! No more nommin on stuff, you're gonna give us all a heart attack. :yell:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 09:09 AM
How is the World's Cutest Nominator feeling today, onster? :goodvibes:

rainbow
January 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I just found this thread now. :o

OMG :eek: .......my poor little godson. :grouphug: Glad that you have such a great momma to get you to the doctor so fast. :angel: :thumbs up

And, Bunduk, http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2mo5pow.gif what are we going to have to do to get you to stop eating plastic? :eek:

I'm sure glad that you are okay. :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
January 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I can't believe he ate a whole bag!!! Poor Bunduk, it's so good you got him to the vet. Now he'll be fine again and you can relax. How about a kitty door on the coldroom??? Shadow is a nommer too sadly, but she's into 2 X 4's and drywall mostly, not plastic bags...

Dracko
January 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I was cleaning my cat boxes today using some bags from Safeway. Had one lying there and it made me think of Bunduk! It wouldn't even cross my mind to worry that one of my cats would eat a bag. :rolleyes: But after what he did I put the bag away "just to be sure." :p

onster
January 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Dracko, I think a kitty door would be a good idea if we didnt have so many no-no's in the cold room. Theres a shelf with all our cleaning chemicals, lots of wires ( we have a large deep freezer in there)..i would just be worried. I think we'll just have to pretty much have a Bunduk location check every few hours :crazy:

Rainbow I tell u that Godson of yours is driving me crazy!!! :p

growler arent his purrmeows just the cutest thing? :lovestruck:

Dogdancer drywall :eek::eek::eek: I hope Bunduk doesnt discover the joys of that :o

HRP the nominator is good today :thumbs up woke me up at 4am for cuddles :cloud9: but he still hasnt pooped yet :shrug:

rainbow
January 21st, 2009, 05:47 PM
Probably since the vet gave him something to induce vomitting then he doesn't have enough food in him yet to make poop. If he doesn't poop by tomorrow then I would give your vet a call.

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Maybe there's some sort of alarm thingy you can put in there. Oh, you can put one of those scat mats in there. That way if Bunduk or Onnie get trapped in there, and they walk over it or on top of something that has it, it'll make a noise.

Maybe a little motion detector could work too.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM
Dracko, I think a kitty door would be a good idea if we didnt have so many no-no's in the cold room.

Is there such a thing as a one-way cat door, onster--so if he got trapped in the cold room he could get out, but then not get back in from the outside?

HRP the nominator is good today :thumbs up woke me up at 4am for cuddles :cloud9: but he still hasnt pooped yet :shrug:

:fingerscr that we have poopie soon :p