Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

King Ember of Hazel Run...just pictures

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Dedicated to Auntie growler :thumbs up

Here's the pics you've been buggi...urm...asking so sweetly for... :o :laughing:

Sitting pretty

Pointing doves on a cold morning

Sitting on the patio under the deck

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Examining the Kongs luckypenny sent for quality
(he's big into safety testing...it's a dirty job but someone has to do it :dog:):

And a shot of the healed eyelid:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
And finally, some kingly head shots :D

wow! posting pics goes so much faster when you're not typing in a story, too! :eek: :p

growler~GateKeeper
January 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM
:clap: Ember pics :lovestruck: :D

Love the sitting pretty pic so cute! :cloud9:

Aww pointing even on a frozen morning :lovestruck: how long did he hold the point - same amount of time as he would in summer or shorter?

I see the squeeky kongs are a big hit with the pack :thumbs up

Embers' eyelid looks fantastic :highfive::grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
January 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM
:lovestruck: Such a Handsome Royal Profile :lovestruck:

Thanks for the pics HRM :grouphug:

MommaKat
January 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
wow! posting pics goes so much faster when you're not typing in a story, too! :eek: :p

Don't get use to it! we love your stories :cloud9:

Gosh, Ember is so handsome :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Rats, MommaKat! :p Maybe we can work out a compromise--stories half the time, photo galleries the other half.

Actually, now that I did one for the King, I'm sure the other dogs are all going to want their own. :rolleyes:

Aww pointing even on a frozen morning :lovestruck: how long did he hold the point - same amount of time as he would in summer or shorter?

A little shorter, but only because I flushed the dove when I was moving around trying to get in front of the King for the pic. :o As I recall, it was about -30 that day, so it's a good thing he started moving. :D

Embers' eyelid looks fantastic :highfive::grouphug:

Considering how badly it was gashed, I think Dr Bob did a marvelous job stitching it up! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
January 18th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Actually, now that I did one for the King, I'm sure the other dogs are all going to want their own. :rolleyes:

I was gonna mention it :whistle:........but didn't want to be too pushy :o:laughing:

Diamondsmum
January 18th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Awwwwwwwwww what a beauty :) I like the sitting pretty

Hazel is Ember one of the oldesst in the pack?

babymomma
January 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Excuse me! hazel! Hazel ! look here! hazel!

Keely would like to princess-queen cass please!! She just looooves her coloration and markings!

Diamondsmum
January 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
My sentiments exactly Growler LOL.

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Well, maybe I can get some shots of the Princess-Queen tomorrow. :D I'll see if the Queen is accepting an audience and get back to you. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hazel is Ember one of the oldesst in the pack?

Yep. Cass is older by about 7 months, but next in line are littermates Ember and Lil Belle.

14+kitties
January 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Very handsome dude!! Glad you did a thread on him. Now you only have 7 more to go. Sort of like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. In your case it's King Ember and the Seven Followers. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Actually, it's more like Sheriff Cole and his 7-member posse! :laughing:

14+kitties
January 18th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Aaaa whatever!! :rolleyes: Get to snappin' gal!!

onster
January 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM
awwww ..thank u growler and hazel and ember :D:D

I like this..you should have a thread dedicated to each of ure furries :D

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I like this..you should have a thread dedicated to each of ure furries :D
That appears to be the recurring theme. :laughing:

I hope it's going to be sunny soon--the pics turn out so much better on sunny days. :D

onster
January 18th, 2009, 11:47 PM
lol and I didnt even read the previous comments, an independent assessment of the situation at hand :D

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Or perhaps you're as psychic as madame hazel and her crystal ball! :laughing:

breeze
January 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Rats, MommaKat! :p Maybe we can work out a compromise--stories half the time, photo galleries the other half.

no no that won't do.. there has to be a story..whats the pack without a story :eek: :D

now this sounds promising. more pictures of the pack "on their own" and a story to go with it :thumbs up:thumbs up :D

Considering how badly it was gashed, I think Dr Bob did a marvelous job stitching it up! :thumbs up

his eye looks very good :thumbs up

Love4himies
January 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
He is a beautiful dog, hazel, and I can see why he is King, so regal :cloud9: :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
He's such a handsome boy. I couldn't help but wonder how cold his butt must have been in that first picture!:D

Mat&Murph
January 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
He is such a Handsome!!!!! :cloud9: And his eye looks great!!! I love the "kingly headshots" and him testing the kong!!!

You need to do a thread for all of them. That way they all get the proper "ohhhhsss and Ahhhhss"

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The King offers his royal :thankyou:....only in a much more dignified manner than that smiley, of course... :laughing:

It was so cold that day, AG, that I'm sure the snow warmed up under his regal furry butt to much warmer than the air temp!! My fingers were so cold after taking pics that I could barely open the door to let us back in! :eek: And I had my camera gloves on!! :eek:

krdahmer
January 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Man if I ever got out to the Hazelrun.... I think I'd spend my day snuggling all those soft floopy ears!!!!! :cloud9::lovestruck: Such a handsome guy and the eye looks good too! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
They'd let you do it, too, kr. :D They love adulation...but don't all Royals? :laughing:

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Ember looks as soft as a puppy in those pics :cloud9:. I just want to touch his ears and kiss his head :lovestruck:.

I think each dog deserves their own thread too :thumbs up. Maybe you can tell us more about their individual personalities too, Hazel? :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Well, Ember is a grump. If you make nice-nice over him and sweet-talk him while you're kissing his ears he gets all grumbly. "I'm a Dad's Dog, Mom...don't give me any of this feminine boonswoggle!" :laughing:

But he's also the one who's most likely to curl up next to you at night and snuggle hard to keep you warm. :cloud9:

As are most kings, he's a bit of a loner. He postures with the other boys, but otherwise pretty much stays out of their way. He rarely plays hard with the Pack. He doesn't care for the synchronized chaos activities :D but he does enjoy playing one-on-one with Macie and Grace.

He's the best listener, the easiest to control out in the woods and a real Daddy's boy. He loves stealing Kongs from the Princess~Queen and chasing snowballs. And he loves loud noises. During the deer season when there's gunfire in the woods, while everyone else is running for the deck he's running to the spot at the fence closest to where the sound came from. And when the Pack is cowering inside during the fireworks in July, he's outside on the deck watching the display with Mom and marveling at the lights and all the wonderful bangs, sizzles, and whistles. :dog:

Anything else you'd like to know, LP? :D

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 08:20 PM

That's good for me but Penny's asking if she can borrow him for a little while :D? She thinks they have a lot in common and besides...she likes the strong, silent type :flirt: :lovestruck:.

Mat&Murph
January 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM
He sounds like Murphy!! I call him a king lion dog :laughing: You take him out to play and he looks at you like "Come on Mom..you don't really expect me to play, do you??"
I have to take a trip to Hazel Run. You guys are always up to something :D

angeldogs
January 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
King Ember is a very handsome royal boy.I like the 2nd inspecting toy pic.it does look like he is napping cuddled up to the kong.

hazelrunpack
January 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Any time you and the boys wanna come, M&M, just let me know! :thumbs up We'd be happy to have ya! I don't think the Pack has ever met a mastiff before--the Boys would be real eye openers for them! :laughing:

That's good for me but Penny's asking if she can borrow him for a little while :D? She thinks they have a lot in common and besides...she likes the strong, silent type :flirt: :lovestruck:.

:laughing: I think they'd hit it off great--only I think she should come down here for a visit instead... :D not that I don't trust you, LP...:o I know you have no ulterior dognapping motive... :p

rainbow
January 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Ember has such a regal look about him :lovestruck: .....definitely deserves to be called the King. :thumbs up

I love the first pic of him sitting and the head shots.....such a handsome boy. :cloud9:

His eye is looking great too. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Ember barks a royal :thankyou:, rainbow! :D

angeldogs
January 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Well, Ember is a grump. If you make nice-nice over him and sweet-talk him while you're kissing his ears he gets all grumbly. "I'm a Dad's Dog, Mom...don't give me any of this feminine boonswoggle!" :laughing:

But he's also the one who's most likely to curl up next to you at night and snuggle hard to keep you warm. :cloud9:

As are most kings, he's a bit of a loner. He postures with the other boys, but otherwise pretty much stays out of their way. He rarely plays hard with the Pack. He doesn't care for the synchronized chaos activities :D but he does enjoy playing one-on-one with Macie and Grace.

He's the best listener, the easiest to control out in the woods and a real Daddy's boy. He loves stealing Kongs from the Princess~Queen and chasing snowballs. And he loves loud noises. During the deer season when there's gunfire in the woods, while everyone else is running for the deck he's running to the spot at the fence closest to where the sound came from. And when the Pack is cowering inside during the fireworks in July, he's outside on the deck watching the display with Mom and marveling at the lights and all the wonderful bangs, sizzles, and whistles. :dog:

Now that's my kind of boy.send him my way along with Macie.:cloud9::lovestruck:

Ford Girl
January 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM
he is too cute, love the pics. Each one has so much personality - so different but so damn cute.

(psst...what about Macie? can we have some of her? I like some muddy up to no good shots..wink wink!!)

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Partial to oranges, eh? :D They have their own mantra, y'know:

Oranges rule.
Tri-Colors drool.
We like Cole so Blues are cool! :dog:

They hum it all the time--drives the tricolors crazy! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 05:53 PM
(psst...what about Macie? can we have some of her? I like some muddy up to no good shots..wink wink!!)

but but but she doesn't get very muddy this time of year :o

Ford Girl
January 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Oranges rule.
Tri-Colors drool.

Tri's may drool but thats how I like my dogs. :dog: :D Big old drooly face!! :lovestruck:

but but but she doesn't get very muddy this time of year :o

Ok, fine, but the first sign of spring and melting snow and squishy mud - I want to see the pretty girl in action!! :dog:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I may have some in the 'archives' from last spring :D Maybe I'll throw one in just for you, FG :thumbs up

TeriM
January 23rd, 2009, 01:56 AM
King Ember :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:.

I love the sitting pretty picture and the last head shot :lovestruck:. He always seems so dignified :).

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
He is usually pretty dignified...but once in a while one of the girls can convince him to cut loose. His sister Lil Belle and his little buddy Grace are the two who are most successful at getting him to play. :cloud9:

angeldogs
January 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Partial to oranges, eh? :D They have their own mantra, y'know:

Oranges rule.
Tri-Colors drool.

They hum it all the time--drives the tricolors crazy! :laughing:

Yep i'am.doggies and kitties.:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'll pass on the word, angeldogs. Ember and Macie will be even more smug than usual! :laughing:

And Teri, just to show you that the King has his lighter, less dignified side:

From a while back...

From this afternoon...

He won't just wrassle with anyone, but Princess Lil Belle, being his sister, just happens to be Royal and a tomboy, the perfect combination for playing with a King :D He also plays with the littler dog in the last pic--that's Grace, daughter to Queen Teal, also Royal...also a tomboy. :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
January 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Ember playing w/his grrls so cute! :cloud9:

And here's a video of Ember & Lil Belle tussleing while Ms Macie plays referee : http://video.yahoo.com/watch/538489/2748473 :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
January 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Geez...I'm gonna have to go look at my CD of videos that I uploaded. I don't even remember that one! :laughing: I'm going to hire you as the Pack's archivist when they 'hit it big', growler! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
January 25th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hazel that one's called: King Ember and Princess Lil Belle having a fun tussle :D

hazelrunpack
January 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Definitely gotta go pull out my archive CD.... :o It's been a long time...I don't remember...

it's all madame hazel's fault...the ol' bat is daft, y'know... :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Another cute video of King Ember :D :

Ember and his tire (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/524923/2710960)

Luvmypitgirls
February 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Ember:flirt:
Hazel, he's sooo handsome..:lovestruck:

Are there any pics of Sheriff Cole coming soon?:cloud9:

allymack
February 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
i like the sitting prety picture, such a handsome boy:cloud9: and his eye looks alot better!

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Are there any pics of Sheriff Cole coming soon?:cloud9:

:D I think you found them. :thumbs up

i like the sitting prety picture, such a handsome boy:cloud9: and his eye looks alot better!

He sits pretty a lot :cloud9:

And we thought the vet did a great job repairing the lid :thumbs up

angeldogs
February 3rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
:laughing:what a boy.if you carry it the other way you wouldn't get the tire in the face silly.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
:laughing:what a boy.if you carry it the other way you wouldn't get the tire in the face silly.
I cracked up so hard when it flipped up like that. Sort of like putting blinkers on a horse! :laughing:

rainbow
February 4th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Another cute video of King Ember :D :

Ember and his tire (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/524923/2710960)

:laughing: :laughing: I love it. :D

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Although he is normally quite regal in his bearing, he does have his clownish moments! :laughing:

Magicwildwolf69
February 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
such a handsome one he is and doesn't he know it :D:cloud9:

i just want to snuggle right in

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Ember would love that! The whole Pack would, too, MWW! :D

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I cracked up so hard when it flipped up like that. Sort of like putting blinkers on a horse! :laughing:

:laughing:Blinkers on a horse.:laughing: