Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Publishing Help Needed

rainbow
January 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Does anyone here know of someone that could help with getting a book published? :fingerscr

Or know of anyone with "connections"? :goodvibes:

Chris21711
January 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I remembered seeing something in a Nat. Geographic not long ago, anyway I found it. The Geographic is dated Oct. 2007:

AUTHORS WANTED

A well known New York subsidy book publisher is searching for manuscripts. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, juvenile, travel, scientific, specialized and even controversial subjects will be considered. If you have a book-length manuscript ready for publication (or are still working on it), call or write for informative free 32-page illustrated booklet "TD-7."

VANTAGE PRESS, INC. 419 Park Ave South, New York, NY 10016

Phone: 1-800-821-3990

www.vantagepress.com

I googled them and a bunch of things came up, I didn't click on to any sites tho'. Maybe it is worth looking into :shrug:

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Rainbow, there are a few places on the net, but be careful. Many of though are places where you have to pay to have something published. They will read your work, and let you know if they think you can get sold, but of course, then offer you a plan to pay for publishing your own book. Some of that stuff is expensive. :sad:

Vantage is a subsidy publisher. If you have the extra cash and can spend it, it might be a good alternative. But if you are looking to have something published and be paid some amount of money for it, you might have to send your stuff out to several places. I think I saw something on Stephen King once that he said he was turned down so many times he'd lost count. But, he kept at it and look where he is now!