Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For LP

Luvmypitgirls
January 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
LP, yesterday, I had the priviledge of witnessing the finalization of Emma's adoption. Her new mom came to sign the papers, while I was there helping with some painting.
I told her of your request, because she didn't have Emma with her at the time. She is more than happy to fullfill that request for you.
Also, if you send Brandy (PBFL), your email address she will forward it to Emma's new mom. She said she would be more than happy to send you updates and pictures.
Anyway just wanted to let you know, Emma is doing fantastic, her new mom simply adores her. She really is a lovely woman.
Ok that's all for now.:2huggers:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
:highfive: LP's gonna love hearin' that, LMPG! :grouphug:

Lucky Emma! :cloud9:

rainbow
January 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
WOOOO HOOOO is she ever !!! :highfive:

And then we will ALL get to see Emma pics and updates. :cloud9:

Love4himies
January 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM
That is great news :highfive: :thumbs up

onster
January 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM
awwww yay, awesome news! :goodvibes:

angeldogs
January 18th, 2009, 06:53 PM
That is awsome news that Emma has been fully adopted out and has a wonderful woman for a mom.:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
January 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Great news! :highfive: I can't wait for new pics too :goodvibes::D

luckypenny
January 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
:goodvibes: Thank you so much for sharing that news with us, Luvmypitgirls:2huggers:. I can't wait to hear how Emma is doing and see how she's growing :cloud9:.

People tell me all the time that, as a foster, you get used to seeing them leave and it doesn't affect you as much as time goes on. For us, it's not true...we always feel like we've given away one of our own; that's how much we fall in love with them :o. So, when we get updates like this, confirming they are indeed in the most wonderful homes, it makes up for the feelings of guilt and loss (and prevents us from becoming a 'crazy-hoarding-dog family' :D). We will never forget sweet, sweet Emma :lovestruck:.

pitgrrl
January 19th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Might someone impress upon Emma's new people that pictures would be very much appreciated? Wait, actually, that pictures are a necessity? :D

Luvmypitgirls
January 22nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
:goodvibes: Thank you so much for sharing that news with us, Luvmypitgirls:2huggers:. I can't wait to hear how Emma is doing and see how she's growing :cloud9:.

People tell me all the time that, as a foster, you get used to seeing them leave and it doesn't affect you as much as time goes on. For us, it's not true...we always feel like we've given away one of our own; that's how much we fall in love with them :o. So, when we get updates like this, confirming they are indeed in the most wonderful homes, it makes up for the feelings of guilt and loss (and prevents us from becoming a 'crazy-hoarding-dog family' :D). We will never forget sweet, sweet Emma :lovestruck:.

LP, I can relate, I loved all my fosters and it was so difficult each and every time one left. I was already a failed foster 2 times over.
I had an entire litter of pups here at one point (9 pups). I invested many hours a day, in house training, and basic obiedience work. My familyroom was a sea of crates and dog dishes and toys. My own 4 dogs, thought I was crazy, I'm sure.
It took 9 months to get the last one adopted, Eddy was his name. 9 months is a long time, and I couldn't help but become extremely attached to him. He was my Eddybear, my baby. Of course I knew at some point he would have to leave us, I reminded myself daily, that he wasn't mine, I couldn't be his forever mom. Then one evening, I get the call that there someone interested in Eddy, and that I was to call to set up a meet and greet home visit.
Well to make a long story short, in the end Eddy was adopted, and I was torn between being happy for my Eddybear, and being devestated that I was losing him.And here I was, thinking I had prepared myself for this day.
I couldn't have loved him more, he was part of my pack for so long,even my dogs loved him. Every once and awhile, like now, I get teary eyed just thinking about him. I'll look at the pictures I have of him and cry, hoping he is happy and praying his adopter is doing right by him, which I'm sure she is.
I had a few more fosters after Eddy left me, loving each and every one but then came the day when I just couldn't do it anymore. I will do crisis care, foster for 24-48 hours, but I can't do long term fostering anymore. It was just too hard on my heart.