Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Will he forgive me?

ashtoreth
January 18th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Omg, i feel awful...

I was going to bed (late as you can see with the time of this post) and Titus was sleeping in my bed (which is he allowed to) Anywya, it was dark, didin`t want my boyfriend to wake up and I didint see the dog...

Accidently put my knee on his paw and he yelped. Nothing is broken he can still move it and run on it (as i saw outside right after) but he was so scared that he peed on the bed. Now its like hes afraid of me...

I`m totally freaking out, he`s being really jumpy and distant since, my boyfriend got him outside and played with him a bit, making sure the paw is alright. I tried to pet him, but he didint seem comfortable with it at all (he doesnt bite at all though)

but im really afraid he wont forgive me or whatever...:wall:

quick edit
I talked to him calmly after, stroking him and all, but when i got him outside he was looking at me with a body language that screamed `spooked`

Dog Dancer
January 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Awww, poor you and Titus. Yes he'll forgive you by morning. Sure he's spooked, you squished him! But rest assured he will get past it. Faster than you will....

Scuba
January 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, I sometimes tread on a few paws by accident as well. Right when it happens, I feel terrible and most dogs or puppies will act all weird for a bit about it but they forget about it pretty soon. Some dogs are so easy going and happy go lucky that they act like nothing has happened at all after that initial "yelp".

Titus feeling anxious is properly because you, yourself is acting worried around him and he is picking up that vibe.

Sib.HuskyMom
January 18th, 2009, 06:55 AM
aww, poor little guy was just startled, that's all.
since he does have some of that husky stuberness in him I'm sure, he may try making a point of not talking to you for a little while.;)
but he loves you, he can only hold out for so long. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Poor little guy. Sounds like a softy.

Next time it happens (and accidents do happen) just be very matter-of-fact: tell him he's a big boy (cheerful voice), examine the paw to make sure it's okay, pat him on the head and don't make too much of it. Otherwise he picks up on your worry and figures something really awful must've just happened. :D If you're more matter-of-fact and shrug it off, he will, too. :thumbs up

cell
January 18th, 2009, 02:35 PM
the more scared and concerned you feel the worst it will make it, just ignore it and go on as if nothing happened and he will move on faster then dwelling on the situation. He doesn't know why you feel horrible, all he knows is that you feel horrible and that makes him un easy. Dogs recover faster then people do because they don't live in the past.