Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any recommendations?

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
:frustrated:I bought Kacee a collar when i first started walking her (her tie out chain was wrapped around her neck with no collar:wall:) And It was great when it came to not Chafing (SP?) her. Because her owners have no respect for the things I buy her. It is all ripped up and gross. SO i need to buy her a new one. But, the normal nylon ones chafe her. And I Dont like the lether ones cause' it seems like it would burst:shrug: (For anybody that doesnt konw, she is a 24/7 outdoor dog, tied up to a short chain) I cant for the life of me find a collar like the one she got now (I got it at Oldnavy and its a 'different' material.

Anybody know any good collars that wont chafe the fur from her neck? Maybe A not very expensive one that i can order over the internet? I cant find ANYTHING around hear! :frustrated: Im not sure what materials are "chaffie" any suggestions?

BTW- JUst thought I would throw this in, it was -20 last night and she was outside in the cold and the wind was blowin like CRAZY! :yell:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
awwww... I don't know what kind of collar would work, maybe just keep looking, be careful about the buckle though, there are a lot of buckles that can pop open with enough force.. That poor beautiful girl. I honestly do not understand why people get a dog and then leave it outside, especially on a chain! Again I have to say that you are an angel that dog is so lucky that you came around I am sure she loves you and appreciates you! It is too bad they don;t respect the things you buy! Do they thank you, or do anything in return for the time that you spend with their dog?

satchelp
January 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I highly recommend collars from White Pine Outfitters. They are what they call a 'soft web' material. I have them on all my dogs, which are double-coated, long-haired, and it does not at all cut the coat. There are 2 versions .. one a limited slip collar, and the other a snap collar. They can be ordered over the Internet, and are relatively inexpensive.

http://www.whitepineoutfitters.com/

MommaKat
January 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Poor Kacee :yell::sad: How about looking for a collar that's advertised as water resistant? maybe that would prevent it from chaffing and getting gross :shrug:

I think it's great you and Keely keep an eye on this poor girl :grouphug:

angeldogs
January 17th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Poor Kacee :yell::sad: How about looking for a collar that's advertised as water resistant? maybe that would prevent it from chaffing and getting gross :shrug:

I was thinking the samething.you can buy those neoprine collors for hunting that are waterproof and would take it off of her when your done walking her and put the other one back on.i know thats a pain in the butt.this way the new one doesn't get ruined by the disrepectfull owners

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
That poor beautiful girl. I honestly do not understand why people get a dog and then leave it outside, especially on a chain! Again I have to say that you are an angel that dog is so lucky that you came around I am sure she loves you and appreciates you! It is too bad they don;t respect the things you buy! Do they thank you, or do anything in return for the time that you spend with their dog?

Thank you LML..I have accually never been thanked by them. I have been thanked, by the dog:cloud9: I swear, she looks at me and kisses me as if to say "Thank you" .. That in itself is a reward:p I have to say, I was pretty impressed by the fact thatthey gave keely a bag of treats for Christmas!

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I highly recommend collars from White Pine Outfitters. They are what they call a 'soft web' material. I have them on all my dogs, which are double-coated, long-haired, and it does not at all cut the coat. There are 2 versions .. one a limited slip collar, and the other a snap collar. They can be ordered over the Internet, and are relatively inexpensive.

http://www.whitepineoutfitters.com/

Oh. They look like great collars!! thank you for the link. I will have to ask my mom if she can order it for me with her credit card. Even though she isnt a big fan of doing that..lol

angeldogs
January 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Being thanked by Kacee would have a whole lot more meening behind it anyway.

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Thank you...There is a pet store about an hour from here. It is specifically for hunting dogs and they probably carry products like that. thank you for suggesting that, i never would have though about it!:thumbs up

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
would take it off of her when your done walking her and put the other one back on.i know thats a pain in the butt.this way the new one doesn't get ruined by the disrepectfull owners

That problem is, the one she has now is almost a safety hazzard. It looks like it could just snap any day at all it is just too far gone.. And it is a great quility collar:shrug:

angeldogs
January 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM
That problem is, the one she has now is almost a safety hazzard. It looks like it could just snap any day at all it is just too far gone.. And it is a great quility collar:shrug:

Thats not good at all.so it need replacing right away.one the neoprin hunting collars would most likely last,water proof and they seem pretty durable.

lUvMyLaB<3
January 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM
it is too bad that the owners don't see this and buy her a collar.. and you have to part with your money, I hope you find a suitable one for not too much money.. YES I know that they dogs thank you must mean the world to you. I for one know that I prefer dog's thank yous then the ones from humans, but it would be nice if they would thank you also. You are a good person, I hope that a lot of people in your life are able to learn from you!

dbg10
January 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I am so happy to hear that Keely has you to brighten her day :thumbs up

BTW- JUst thought I would throw this in, it was -20 last night and she was outside in the cold and the wind was blowin like CRAZY! :yell:

I hate to say it but I'd be inclined to phone the human society about this situation. Does Keely have a dog house at least to keep her out of the wind?

What an angel you are :angel:

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I am so happy to hear that Keely has you to brighten her day :thumbs up

I hate to say it but I'd be inclined to phone the human society about this situation. Does Keely have a dog house at least to keep her out of the wind?

What an angel you are :angel:

Thank you.. But Keely is my doggy. Kacee is the dog Im talking about;) I have called them, But since she has food, water and a dog house. They cant do anything.:shrug: Laws need to be stricter around here.