Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Potty training

Syren
January 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM
As I said in my last post I'm new to this forum, but have several questions about both my dogs. I posted a bit about our Australian Shepard mix, Sleven, and am now giving a bit of background on our Beagle as I desperately need help with potty training her.

We acquired her from family members during their seperation. Her names Dolly and she's a Blue Tick Beagle. She's about 1 1/2 years old. She moved in about a month and a half ago, and is still pooping and peeing in my house. She has moved her dirties to the back porch, but it's still in the house. We take her outside and have tried the old newspaper trick (starting where she was doing her business and slowly moving it outside of the house. We got her as far as the back porch, but she will not go outside.

I think the problem is that she was allowed to do her business in her previous home. She rarely ever went outside before she came here. I don't know if maybe it's just natural to her now to do it inside or what. I've never had this much trouble potty training a dog, in the past, but she's impossible and I'm out of steam and ideas. It's to the point where we've considered finding her a new home because I can't handle the smell and constant picking up of poo and mopping of pee. Other than that I've grown quite fond of her, but I can't take this much longer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.