Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Had the scare of my life last night!

ancientgirl
January 17th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I was sound asleep all nice and cozy with the gang when suddenly BAM! Not only did something hit my eye, but it scratched the heck out of it. :laughing: Thank goodness we sleep with our eyes closed, or else I'd be in a world of hurt.

My only guess is, it was either Vlad or Kiska stretching and I was in their way. Vlad has taken to sleeping just above my head, on the pillow I use to prop up my sleeping pillow slightly. Kiska is sleeping right against my pillow on my right side. So, one of them got me.

Right now I've got a big old scratch on my eyelid that's not feeling too good. I think that's my cue to cut some kitty nails this weekend.:rolleyes:

babymomma
January 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM
lol.. they is trying to get you in yer sleep. :evil:

lol..seriouslu though, sorry about your eye lid. It mmust hurt sooo much to have a scratch on the area of skin!:eek:

14+kitties
January 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Ouch!! I know your pain!! So sorry. :grouphug:

Ms Atty has taken to wanting my attention for a large portion of time when I am in the cathouse with the kitties. If I stop petting/scratching her to pet someone on the next shelf down she lets me know by smacking the top of my head. And she doesn't do it with claws retracted!! :frustrated:

Diamondsmum
January 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I can relate (sorta) Diamond has taking to "pouncing" feet outstretched and caught my face 4x this week (todays was just under my eye)

ancientgirl
January 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
It's easy to forget our little ones have sharp teeth and nails because they're so cute and cuddly with us. I know whichever one that did it didn't intent anything other than just a stretch I imagine, but boy, not the way I want to be woken up!

Dracko
January 17th, 2009, 11:44 PM
The other night I was lying in bed watching TV and one of my nephews came home. Of course Dracko was all barky at first and he startled the cats. Ginkgo was sleeping on me and she launched off! Dang it hurt. She scratched the heck out of my stomach.

AG, I know the feeling with being woken up like that, too. A long time ago I was sleeping and woke up to a cat landing on my face as he/she jumped off the window ledge on to my bed! Since it was dark I didn't know who it was. I'm thinking Smitty or Ginkgo as they are the 2 who typically are on the ledge and come down in that area. I walked around with a scratch on my lip that looked like a cold sore for a week or so. :o

Shaykeija
January 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Sorry about the eye..Quincy got me good one morning in bed. I was yawning and had my big mouth open, he stretched and I got a mouth full he Tzu Tzu foot...:D

Sib.HuskyMom
January 18th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I've never had a kitty, but I do have a 35lb puppy who likes to sleep on the pillow above my head. :dog:
So far, no scratches. Although he does like to use my head as his pillow. :sleepy:

Oh, the life of a fur-ball! :cloud9:

Love4himies
January 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Oh owie! Sorry to hear about your eye. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
January 18th, 2009, 10:16 AM
LOL, at least I'm not the only one. LOL, not long ago, one of them also woke me up when they lunged at my neck. :laughing: I was like, holy crap, these cats are trying to kill me! My guess is they got startled by the monster under the sheets.

Sylvie
January 18th, 2009, 11:02 AM
O.K I am sorry what happened :eek: but at the same time I was lol.

Animals, thank goodness we love them.

Another thing what is the monster under the sheets, you :laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
January 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
O.K I am sorry what happened :eek: but at the same time I was lol.

Animals, thank goodness we love them.

Another thing what is the monster under the sheets, you :laughing::laughing:

Yes, now it's funny. At the time not so much. :D

Yes, I'm the monster under the sheets. They've pretty much stopped attaching my legs when they see them moving, but now and then I wake up to kitties attacking my legs or hands.

krdahmer
January 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yeeouch! Sneak attack!

Hope your eye heals quickly!

(My bed is like a mine field too.... one wrong move and Whammo! Claw to the toe, or arm or cheek! :eek::rolleyes::laughing:)

ancientgirl
January 18th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I guess that's the price we pay for sleeping with wild animals.:laughing: