Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rash from Bunduk?

onster
January 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Either I can now add facial rash to my sore throat/headache/stuffy nose symptoms or Bunduk did it :frustrated::yell:

Little kitty decided that sick mommy didnt deserve to sleep in past 11 and he started jumping around my bed, sitting on my head, licking my cheek/ nose.

I now have red blotches on my cheeks...........does anyone else with allergies get this reaction to kitty licks? Bunduk usually licks my nose when I pick him up, but nothing happens :shrug:

rainbow
January 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I *think* a facial rash with a sore throat and a headache can also be strep throat.....have you been to a doctor about it?

onster
January 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
no I havent, i had kinda decided to tough it out..plus its tooo cold to go anywhere, brrr, lol.

Strep throat eh? will that just go away on its own without a doc? :o

onster
January 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
From http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/strep_throat.html

Ive bolded the ones that pertain to me

A child with strep throat will start to develop other symptoms within about 3 days, such as:

* red and white patches in the throat
* difficulty swallowing
* tender or swollen glands (lymph nodes) in the neck
* red and enlarged tonsils ( i dont have tonsils)
* headache
* lower stomach pain (kinda yesterday)
* fever
* general discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling
* loss of appetite and nausea
* rash

...and looks like rainbow solved the mystery! lol always defending ure Godchilld :p

and looks like I have strep throat :frustrated:

rainbow
January 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
And, looks like you should get your butt to the doctor asap. :D

And, give Bunduk a treat from me for trying to blame him. :D

Chris21711
January 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Don't keep blaming that poor kittie for everything, plus you shouldn't be in bed at 11 am :eek:

You should do what Rainbow said and head to the docs, you need antibees, strep throat can be mean :sick: Hope you feel better real soon Onster :sad:

Diamondsmum
January 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Awww Girl get your butt to Drs.

if strep isnt treated it can turn to scarlet fever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_fever

my DD best friend has it right now

krdahmer
January 15th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Just so you know it is their saliva that makes the dander that irritates us allergy folks... so ipso facto or whatever, I imagine that ya direct licking could cause some irritation or a rash. It used to bother me, but doesn't so much anymore... at least when my guys do it.... strange kitties are another story.

And don't kitty tongues make the best exfoliators! :rolleyes::laughing:

sugarcatmom
January 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
And don't kitty tongues make the best exfoliators! :rolleyes::laughing:

:laugh::laugh:

Kitty spit definitely gives me the itchies. I get nasty big hives if I don't wash it off right away. Although I still love a good licking now and then. Eek, that sounds dirty....

ancientgirl
January 15th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Yep, I get rashy and itchy when one of mine licks me a lot or rubs their face against mine. Just the other day Czari was rubbing her head on my chin, and man did I ever get itchy.

Not to say though that you should not think about getting your butt to the doctor. Rainbow's strep suggestion is something to think about, or you could have some sort of flu.

onster
January 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
lol it does kinda feel like exfoliator :p

and yep this chick has strep :yuck::yuck:

Antiobiotics, MMMM lol

Thanks guys!! without u guys i prob would ended up with scarlet fever and blamed it on bunduk :eek: lol

ancientgirl
January 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Onster, how the heck did you get strep? Have you been feeling ill for a while?

I'm glad you got yourself to the doctor.

onster
January 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
yeah I have but i thought i could tough it out,been taking tylenol, having like 8 strepsils a day ,...doc took a swab then said yep it was strep

rainbow
January 16th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Onster, glad you listened to Momma Rainbow, Sister DM and Grandma Chris :thumbs up ......and hope you get over your strep throat quickly. :fingerscr :goodvibes: