Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Act of kindness/caring

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Had received a nice act of kindness/caring today.the woman i work with had a dog dropped off with no food and throwing up and a real bad case of fear.if you would call her or say anything to her she would urinate on the spot.and severly under weight.so we brought her home on sunday for me to work on as she is the worst case of fear i have worked with and have had success with them.

Me nor Linda have the money to buy this girl food.(Long story) anyway me and the wife took her to petsmart to work on her fear issuse and i no the workers from when it was super pet.so i'm talking to a couple of the workers about her and trying to find her a home as with no money to feed her.well there was this wonderfull couple that her the conversation.the wife said they looked at each other and he pulled out a coupon for a free bag of dog food.royal canin or technical not the best food.turns out he works at the new royal canin plant and they wanted to help out.they have 3 dogs themselves and 2 were rescues that were severly under weight.

I couldn't thank them enough.they gave the little girl some lovings and wished us luck and thanked us for trying to help her.really made my day.

luckypenny
January 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I love stories like that...you have it coming to you angeldogs for always being so willing to help these poor pups out :angel:.

How is she doing today :fingerscr?

Winston
January 14th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Angeldogs! you are so awesome! taking in this poor girl when probably no one else would!

To the couple that acted in such kindness ! :thumbs up

What a super way to pay it forward! Im sure their act of kindness will not be forgotten!

Cindy

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I love stories like that...you have it coming to you angeldogs for always being so willing to help these poor pups out :angel:.

How is she doing today :fingerscr?

She is doing great.she must be feeling real comfy her as she has really taken to the wife and was fearful at the petstore but let people pet her and gave some quick kisses.she is a real sweet heart.

Also just found out that the owner contacted Linda and has ageed to giving some money to cover a few months of food.but will believe it when i see it.

Thanks LP

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Angeldogs! you are so awesome! taking in this poor girl when probably no one else would!

To the couple that acted in such kindness ! :thumbs up

What a super way to pay it forward! Im sure their act of kindness will not be forgotten!

Cindy

Won't every be forgotten by me or the wife.

Thanks

hazelrunpack
January 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
What a great thing you did for this little girl, angeldogs. And how wonderful for the couple in the store to care enough to offer some help. :grouphug:

I'm glad to hear that she's doing better already. Have you figured out why she was throwing up? Poor little thing...

She's already had her luck turn for the better--two :angel:s in one day!

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
What a great thing you did for this little girl, angeldogs. And how wonderful for the couple in the store to care enough to offer some help. :grouphug:

I'm glad to hear that she's doing better already. Have you figured out why she was throwing up? Poor little thing...

She's already had her luck turn for the better--two :angel:s in one day!

They think it might be digestive.so she is on medi cal for that.i picked up a puppy food from weaning to 12 months.say's easy to digest.so we will see what happens,she has about 12 days left on the meds,she has gotten in too a few things food wise kids you know and still good poops no gas but that might be the meds helping.i do have some probotics left of jags and thinking of giving her some when her meds are done and see if that helps.

Thanks hazel.

14+kitties
January 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
What a wonderful thing to have happen. I guess someone was guiding you to the pet store today. :thumbs up :angel:s both of you!!
And ummmm, you are telling us about this little one and you didn't put up a pic or two? Hummmppphhh!

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
What a wonderful thing to have happen. I guess someone was guiding you to the pet store today. :thumbs up :angel:s both of you!!
And ummmm, you are telling us about this little one and you didn't put up a pic or two? Hummmppphhh!

Hummmmmmmm Pic or two,well you see the camera broke and on the pc where i stick my memory card isn't working.. yaya that's the ticket.:D:laughing:

I have a few pics not great ones of her in her crate,she was scared of the camera she was barking and snarling then urinated.she is starting to settle in pretty quickly.she is in jags crate at night,so i stopped her from getting out closed the door layed down.she layed down and cuddled without her urinating.:thumbs up.so i will try the camera on her again and see how she reacts to it.

14+kitties
January 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Hummmmmmmm Pic or two,well you see the camera broke and on the pc where i stick my memory card isn't working.. yaya that's the ticket.:D:laughing:

I have a few pics not great ones of her in her crate,she was scared of the camera she was barking and snarling then urinated.she is starting to settle in pretty quickly.she is in jags crate at night,so i stopped her from getting out closed the door layed down.she layed down and cuddled without her urinating.:thumbs up.so i will try the camera on her again and see how she reacts to it.

Sure, likely story! Camera broke. That's MY story. In my case though it's true. :D

I am heading to bed soon so you are off the hook till tomorrow. :rolleyes: That will give her another day to settle. Then we expect pics sir!!

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Sure, likely story! Camera broke. That's MY story. In my case though it's true. :D

I am heading to bed soon so you are off the hook till tomorrow. :rolleyes: That will give her another day to settle. Then we expect pics sir!!

:laughing:i will see what i can do.good night.

ancientgirl
January 15th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Poor girl. I hope you can help her.

That's a wonderful thing the couple did at the store. Sometimes simple things like that can make such a world of difference.

Good luck with her.

Love4himies
January 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
How kind of those people :angel: Thanks for sharing the story with us Angeldogs, sometimes it seems that there are so few people who care.

angeldogs
January 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM
How kind of those people :angel: Thanks for sharing the story with us Angeldogs, sometimes it seems that there are so few people who care.
It was something i had to share as you say so few people care.

Poor girl. I hope you can help her.

That's a wonderful thing the couple did at the store. Sometimes simple things like that can make such a world of difference.

Good luck with her.

Oh yes we will be able to help her,with the bag of food and a bit of time.last night she was in jags crate for the night so i stopped her from getting out and climbed inside with her and lay down.told her to lay down and we cuddled till the wife went to go for a smoke and she wanted the wife.she didn't even urinate when i went in the crate.she has made some fast progress.we picked her up sunday night and tuesday was the last time she urinated when i have made any fast movements towards her.

Thank you both.

Chris21711
January 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
You seem to be making great strides with her in such a short time :thumbs up

angeldogs
January 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
You seem to be making great strides with her in such a short time :thumbs up

Well the wife is working real hard with her,she is more fearful of men.she still tucks her body when i move fast and isn't running away and coming when called,the first few days she was on leash in the house.no leash anymore just outside.only because she is eye balling the low chain link fence on the oneside of the yard and with all the snow it's even lower.

Thanks.

onster
January 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
That was super nice of the lady and of you and ure wife to take this poor dog on. Good luck with her :goodvibes:

angeldogs
January 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
That was super nice of the lady and of you and ure wife to take this poor dog on. Good luck with her :goodvibes:

Thanks Onster