Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

And the unbelievably Stupid Award goes to...

diandpat
January 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
the idiot Quebec couple who left their miniature poodle in a van at Burlington VT airport for THREE WEEKS while they were God knows where!!!!! :wall::wall::wall:

The dog was rescued from the vehicle and is in foster care and the "humans" have not shown up yet...WTF????????

Love4himies
January 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
:eek::eek::eek: Wonder if this is the same type of incident where a principle forgot to drop her daughter off at daycare and left her in a sweltering car for the day. :frustrated: :wall: :evil: :sad:

Glad to hear the pup is OK.

TacoGrl
January 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
HOW does someone even do that by accident (benefit of doubt here) :frustrated:

diandpat
January 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
The only reason Quebecers go to Burlington is to get cheaper flights. It was found in the airport parking lot. They obviously wanted to save $$$ on the flight and doggy daycare...:yell::yell::yell:

Mat&Murph
January 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
That is awful!!!! Hope there are some charges!! Totally uncalled for. I have kids and dogs and can't even imagine forgetting them in a car!!!! Not that any of them would let me.

badger
January 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I would have left them a very rude note and no details as to where the dog had been taken. Oh, and trashed the van :evil:. Really, what is the point of prosecuting these idiots. Unless Vermont laws are tougher than in Quebec ('we forgive you').

diandpat
January 14th, 2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20090114/NEWS02/901140315

They are investigating...

BenMax
January 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Nothing is surprising these days. Thank-you to that someone who reported the poor baby.

ancientgirl
January 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Amazing, just amazing the stupidity of some people. Let's say they did forget. At some point you have an "OMG!" moment at which time you scramble, but these idiots obviously don't even care.

Thank goodness the dog was okay and in a foster home. Hopefully they will find a good home for him/her.

CClover
January 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
In french
http://www.canoe.com/infos/societe/archives/2009/01/20090114-075900.html

:wall:

angeldogs
January 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
How do you forget about a dog being in your car.it's the dog was saved and is in a foster home poor pup.

babymomma
January 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
AHHHHHHHHH! This is why it should still be legal to hang people in the sreeets while everybody watches!!

Pooooor puppy:sad:

dustybird
January 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I second WTF... how could you "forget". Eye for an eye, lock them in a freezing cold van for three weeks, no food, no water and no bathroom and see how they like it.

Luvmypitgirls
January 15th, 2009, 11:53 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

There are no words to convey how angry I am after reading about this poor pup.

To say if the owners caught fire and I wouldn't pee on them to put it out, doesn't even come close.

I hope these ppl rot in hell....nope not even close

:sad:..how scared this poor furrybaby must've been.

kiara
January 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM
They just left him in the van to die??? What kind of horrible people are they? I am not surprised at all, there are so many abandoned animals, especially cats roaming the streets here in Quebec, that you would think this is a third world country. (And people just don't care) Under whose jurisdiction would this crime be? But since the van is parked on U.S. soil, is it possible that the U.S. would prosecute them? I would be interested in the outcome of this story.

onster
January 15th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Im stunned at the sheer stupidity :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Luvmypitgirls
January 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hopefully the US confiscates their van and sells it proceeds going to animal rescues

Love4himies
January 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
They just left him in the van to die??? What kind of horrible people are they? I am not surprised at all, there are so many abandoned animals, especially cats roaming the streets here in Quebec, that you would think this is a third world country. (And people just don't care) Under whose jurisdiction would this crime be? But since the van is parked on U.S. soil, is it possible that the U.S. would prosecute them? I would be interested in the outcome of this story.

Yes, I think that is how the law works. If you commit a crime in the US, you are prosecuted in the US.