Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keep Pets Indoors!

poodletalk
January 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Just a reminder to all the newbies and lurkers, if you have a pet please do not leave them outside for long periods of time in extreme cold or heat.

Animals feel the cold and the heat just like us, they to can suffer from frost bite and heat stroke.

The weather in the Province of Quebec is going to be extremely cold, please be a friend to your pet, PLEASE do not leave them outside for long, bring them IN!

If you happen to see an animal suffering from the cold, please contact your local SPCA immediately.

Thank-you,

14+kitties
January 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks Poodletalk for that very timely reminder!! :thumbs up Ontario is in for a deep freeze for the next little while too.

clm
January 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Even Baxter and Bentley will be out for only 15 minutes at a time during this deep freeze.

Cindy

babymomma
January 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM
What if the Spca Cant do anything about it:sad: Because technically they are fed, given water, and have a dog house. Kacee and butch are two dogs that I walk. Butch has short fur like a pitt bull (Hes a pit x black german shepherd) And they are both 24/7 outdoor dogs. I have talked to both the owners and the authorities. And still nothing has been done:sad:

Unfortunatly, 98% of my neighbor hood dogs Are indeed 24/7 outdoor dogs. Among these dogs are elderly dogs of 12 years + and There are two 12 year old dogs that are about 12-14 lbs each and have speant their entire live outdoors. I dont expect them to live past this winter, even though it is a mild one. There little old bodies wont be able to handle it. But I cant do anything, Anything that is legal anyways.:sad:

BUt for everybody out there! YOU have to at least TRY!

Good post !