Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This is why I need a dog

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Thought we would take advantage of the beautiful day on Sunday and go cross country skiing. We can ski into the golf course right from out backyard.

It seems like a waste of space without a dog running around sniffing all about :sad:.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
More pics. It took us two hours to do the perimeter of the course.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Deer tracks are all over the course, but we didn't see any on our trip today.

Our neighbours bought some snowshoes and were checking them out the day before.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 08:23 AM
And home again. This is our backyard, you can see our trail that led to the campground on our way to the golf course.

And of course need to add a pic of Jasper :D. DH shovels a path for Jasper and Sweet Pea to run around the house. Puddles doesn't put her paws in snow, too harsh for her delicate, princess ways :laughing:

Melinda
January 13th, 2009, 08:24 AM
ohhhh what a gorgeous view!! you're right, you do need a doggie to be running around sniffing *L*

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 08:24 AM
And finally inside, with our beer and fire on our closed in deck to wait for the deer to come and eat out of our deer feeders.

hazelrunpack
January 13th, 2009, 10:35 AM
At least one doggie, L4H! :laughing: Preferably more, with all that running room. What a lovely skiing place!

And I love the path around the house for the kitties! :D

BenMax
January 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Tell me when you are ready L4H. :thumbs up;)

bendyfoot
January 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I think you just need a bendyfoot. To, uh, keep an eye on that beer...and, um, keep the fire going in the woodstove. And stuff. Can I move in?:laughing:

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Tell me when you are ready L4H. :thumbs up;)

You'd be the first to know :thumbs up.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I think you just need a bendyfoot. To, uh, keep an eye on that beer...and, um, keep the fire going in the woodstove. And stuff. Can I move in?:laughing:

:laughing::laughing: As long as you only "keep and eye on the beer" and not drink it. That's my nourishment after the long ski :D.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 11:40 AM
At least one doggie, L4H! :laughing: Preferably more, with all that running room. What a lovely skiing place!

And I love the path around the house for the kitties! :D

:lightbulb: You're right, they won't want to run on their own, Maybe two smaller medium sized dogs will add up to one medium-large dog.

bendyfoot
January 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
:laughing::laughing: As long as you only "keep and eye on the beer" and not drink it. That's my nourishment after the long ski :D.

:frustrated: No deal.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM
:frustrated: No deal.

:laughing::laughing:

onster
January 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Its gorgeous L4H :cloud9::lovestruck:

A doggy heaven for sure!

14+kitties
January 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I thought Mz. Sweetpea wasn't going outside? Has she decided to check it out again?

Lots of room for sure for at least a dog or three. :thumbs up

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I thout Mz. Sweetpea wasn't going outside? Has she decided to check it out again?

She wasn't until late in the fall this year (mid Nov I think it was). She just decided one day she wanted to go out the front door (leashed and harnessed of course). So now she and Jasper go running together when it is not too cold out. I can't look after two on the cold days so Jasper has first priority outside.

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Three :eek: Now you are scaring me. :laughing:

14+kitties
January 13th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Aww, she is such a cutie. :cloud9: I love her colours!!
I would have a few dogs if we could manage it. With the kitties two is enough. :D

breeze
January 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
now I see why you want a doggie..:cloud9::cloud9:

breeze
January 13th, 2009, 02:55 PM
you can always borrow my dogs, like today, they are so bad today.

but one runs away and the other is desiding that he does not have to listen today..:frustrated:

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
you can always borrow my dogs, like today, they are so bad today.

but one runs away and the other is desiding that he does not have to listen today..:frustrated:

Is Archer being a "teenager" and testing your authority?

I would love to borrow a neighbours dogs, but non have any that are suited for this type of walk.

breeze
January 13th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Is Archer being a "teenager" and testing your authority?

I would love to borrow a neighbours dogs, but non have any that are suited for this type of walk.

yup and he keeps pestering Bree so bree won't listen either..:frustrated:

mine are suited for that type of a walk, we have found out that ever now and again we have to stop and take the snow balls out of Archie's feet.:laughing: cause under his paws are deep, so they collect the snow.. so if you don't mind doing that.....

breeze
January 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I keep coming back and looking at your back yard..:lovestruck::lovestruck:

<insert singing "IM IN HEAVEN" >

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
yup and he keeps pestering Bree so bree won't listen either..:frustrated:

mine are suited for that type of a walk, we have found out that ever now and again we have to stop and take the snow balls out of Archie's feet.:laughing: cause under his paws are deep, so they collect the snow.. so if you don't mind doing that.....

Does it hurt when you pull the snow balls out? :eek:

Love4himies
January 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I keep coming back and looking at your back yard..:lovestruck::lovestruck:

<insert singing "IM IN HEAVEN" >

Thanks Breeze.

breeze
January 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Does it hurt when you pull the snow balls out? :eek:

no.. you melt them with the warmth of your hands as you take them off ..
then he eats them :laughing: the snowballs that is not your hands lol

chico2
January 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
OH my L4H,that is just simply beautiful,snow-shoeing gives you a really good workout and I used to love cross-country skiing.
Ther is beautiful Jasper and Sweet-pea looks great..we too make paths for the cats,squirrels etc...:laughing:
The sun-room with the woodstove looks just perfect to relax with a beer and watch the deer.
OMG ,I am poetic:laughing:

Mat&Murph
January 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Look at that nice no paw printed snow!!!!! Awww L4H, you need a doggie!!!! Love that fireplace I might move in too :laughing: Great pics :D

angeldogs
January 13th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Beautiful back yard,not only doggie heaven there but human heaven also.keep the beer.i will take a quarter cup coffee and the rest Bailey's.the perfect weekend coffee and a good warmer upper.XL coffee.

chico2
January 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
L4H,I forgot to mention,of course you should have a pup.but a large fluffy one,like a Newf ,Berner or one like Mishka,that way you can always find him in the snow.:laughing:

Love4himies
January 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Look at that nice no paw printed snow!!!!! Awww L4H, you need a doggie!!!! Love that fireplace I might move in too :laughing: Great pics :D

There is another person who cross country skiis on the golf course who brings his/her dog. I loved seeing the doggie prints following along side the ski trails.

Love4himies
January 14th, 2009, 08:15 AM
L4H,I forgot to mention,of course you should have a pup.but a large fluffy one,like a Newf ,Berner or one like Mishka,that way you can always find him in the snow.:laughing:

:laughing: Yes, Mishka :cloud9: or Archer :cloud9:. I think it would have to be an older dog as I will need one that will be calm with the kitties. Plus I have no doggie skills so I think a puppy that needs training is not so good to start off with.

chico2
January 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I agree,I would,if it was possible,get an older dog,I'm too old to deal with puppies,kittens are sooo much easier.
But Rocky and hubby won't allow a dog,house too small:sad:

Love4himies
January 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I agree,I would,if it was possible,get an older dog,I'm too old to deal with puppies,kittens are sooo much easier.
But Rocky and hubby won't allow a dog,house too small:sad:

I will have to work on hubby and wait for Puddles to pass on before I could consider a dog. Jasper will be a challange as he is so scared of them. I think he could learn to like an easy going one that would not chase him.

chico2
January 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Oh yes,you cannot make wonderful Jasper unhappy and afraid,he does not deserve that.
I would not do that to my cats either,we have relative calm right now and everyone is happy.

Lukka'sma
January 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
That is one beautiful space you have there. You need a dog like Mishka or Lukka. Caucasian Ovcharka's are mountain dogs used to the very extreme conditions in the Caucasus mountains in Russia. They stay outside there year round and don't mind the cold at all. Of course my dogs were/are in house dogs but any time I wanted to go for a long hike Lukka was more than willing to tag along, the more snow and colder the weather the more she liked it. Mishka will be the same way.
I could swear I read Breeze offer you one of her dogs, I'd jump at the chance if I were you.

chico2
January 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Lukkas mom,time for some more Mishka-pics,ok;)