Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ugodog

caharris
January 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Has anyone had any luck with the Ugodog potty training? I've read alot of good reviews on them, but didn't know if anyone had any experience. I only found one posting on this site, so thought I'd try to reach out for any feedback. Thanks!

AmericanBullMom
January 12th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Ummm.... I'm going to say that this is something only small dogs would go for... I KNOW my 80lb American Bulldog ISNT going to use a doggy litterbox....
Why not just take your dog outside to go potty?
I can imagine that this would probably smell. :yuck:

tenderfoot
January 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
It really depends on your life style.

We have a few clients who use an indoor potty training system and it works great for them. These people are usually house bound for some reason or there is the one client who simply didn't want her tiny Maltese to touch dirt - but thats a whole different Oprah!

caharris
January 13th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I moved to a highrise and poor guy can't hold it, we stop at like every floor and takes forever to get down to the first floor. He's having accidents in the hallway, elevator....I've been reading some posts on the internet that highrise apartment living, some have resorted to indoor potty systems. Not to mention, there is no grassy area for dogs around the complex. This seemed like maybe an option.

tenderfoot
January 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Sounds like you have a legit reason to give it a try.

There are also systems for your deck (if you have one) with grass or fake grass that can help encourage him to transition when you go outside so he learns to do both.

Many dogs become condidtioned to the substrate that they become accustomed to soil on. If it is concrete in a kennel then that is what they prefer and it is tough to get them to go on grass - so a grass system can help them make a more generalized habit.