Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cyber-friendship

Diamondsmum
January 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Ok maybe I should title this the power of this site..

Pets.ca has been a major influence in my life since losing Duke (2x) & Aquiring Diamond and the others.

I wanted to remind us all about the power of our cyber friends.. or strangers.

The friendships that I have made cannot be replaced by anyone.. Certain people have touched me deeply, I think many of us feel this way..If a pet is ill or has passed on we share the grief, learned a new trick or is eating much better, we share in the excitement. Also in our personal lives as well. We share news or fights or worries to our cyber friends.

Long time members have alot of respect from us newbies(Well they should) & as the web goes.Change is inevitable,

The forum has changed since I joined (& that was only in Sept) :loser: LOL. reading back to before my time here certain threads were replied to and closed or ignored.

As the forum takes a new direction, Much of the advice handed down from the long-time members will seem harsh but that is what brought them here back then, and unfortunatly, these changes will also cause them to leave...

The members who you have developed friendships with close ones hold them close as you might 'lose" them from this forum.

TeriM
January 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
As the forum takes a new direction, Much of the advice handed down from the long-time members will seem harsh but that is what brought them here back then, and unfortunatly, these changes will also cause them to leave...

The members who you have developed friendships with close ones hold them close as you might 'lose" them from this forum.

Great pic DM :laughing: :thumbs up :lovestruck:.

I also greatly value the friendships and support I have received as a member of this forum. I have at times felt the need to step back and take a breather but always get drawn back to this great group of people.

I wish for all of us greater understanding and lasting friendships :grouphug:.

SIL
January 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
DM...I agree with you, pets.ca has been a GREAT help for me since loosing Billie. I received alot of helpful advice, tips and most of off all support from all the members here.

I had never belonged to a forum before and was hesitant about joining but it is great belonging to this family.

We still don't have a 'pet' but I enjoy reading about all of the accomplishments and setbacks from your furbabies. I know that when we welcome another pet into our home I will have a greater understanding and be a better owner.

To all the members that have decided to leave since May/June of 2007 and to all still here :grouphug: and thanks.

BenMax
January 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Thank you DM – this is a great thread.

I personally came to Pets.ca to try and connect with other rescues. Fortunately for me I made some very valuable connections which were instrumental in saving lives – this was my main objective.

Through the months I surprisingly made some great acquaintances. I have learned new information on training, trouble shooting and of course food. With all this valuable information I have grown on a personal level. I have learnt that I do not know it all afterall, and there are still things to learn through others.

Change is a part of life really. I think that through my errors I have learnt to go with the flow and adjust my ways and thinkings. I know that I have offended some at one time or another, and sometimes was not ‘popular’ in my writings but with the guidance of some, and the gentle reprimand of others I have learned how to balance and adjust.

I think we can all learn and grow on this website. We are all individuals with fire and passion. I truly believe that we as individuals mean well but we also must remember that everyone has something valuable to offer – whether it is asking for advice or giving it.

I truly believe if we as a group are more tolerant, old members as well as the new members can accomplish a lot more in the name of the animals.

Diamondsmum
January 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you for the replies guys

Teri That pic sooo reminds me of TJT LOL

on my FB I have a saying..

Do remember to forget life's anger, pain & regrets.. Live Life as you have life to live & love while you have love to give.

I think it speaks alot about cyber-friendships as well.

CearaQC
January 14th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Pets.ca also helped me out a lot!

I come visit here every other day or so just to see what's going on. But too lazy to log in. lol

I probably didn't say thanks enough, but I'm very grateful for the help I received from Pets.ca

You were my support when I adopted an already pregnant dog and had to deal with puppies, then to find them all homes. I would have never known about Rosies if someone didn't mention it. And thanks also to the mystery $$ contributors that allowed a nice couple to travel all the way out here to pick up puppies, then back to Montreal and find them great homes. (I only wish I could see what the brindle female and Sheeba's black brother look like now as adults just for fun.)

Both my girls are happy and healthy now and we're all doing great as a family. I have no regrets. They give us lots of laughs and love. Plus they are awesome back and feet warmers at night. lol

No new pictures to share though right now. I hibernate in winter and just hate being out in the cold. We all snuggle by the wood stove. hehe

babymomma
January 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I dont know what I would do without my friends at Pets.ca.. I think it is like every other friendship. There are good times and bad times. There are times of disagreement and even arguing. But when you need help, Everybody is still here for you even if you just got a thread closed for arguing:p It is a family, And loosing a family member hurts, bad. I too have seen things change in my short time here. And I have read old threads and the responses to things have changed.

Everyboddy needs a break sometmes. A little time to thereself to clear there head and get things done when life turns more stressfull.

If it werent for pets.ca I dont know how I would have handled getting my first dog:shrug: Honeslty, I think i would have done everything wrong. Keely probably would be eating cesar dog food instead of wellness:yuck: And I would probably have a heart attack everytime she made a wimper, because I wouldnt have the love and support from everybody here. I wouldnt get answers to why she isnt feeling well. I think both myself and keely would be alot less happy without this place. She would have a crazzy hooman. :crazy:

Mat&Murph
January 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
What a Great thread DM. Thanks for posting. As a newbie here, (only joined up in Aug/08) And owner of pure breed dogs. I have never been made too feel uncomfortable for not rescueing (mind you I would do it in a heartbeat if the kids were alittle older) I have met some really awsome people on here and Have recieved awsome advice.

I think The forum is like it's own the community were yea, we get mad or upset about what someone has said or did. But that happenes outside of this as well. But I personally love the fact that we can come on here and fent about whatever is going on, cry about the loss of a friend and laugh about whatever is going on and look at the furkids. Generally share our lives for a little while.
Thank you all you guys that have been a great and sharing your wonderful experince with me. I have learned soooo much since I have been here

ancientgirl
January 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Great thread. I have to say since I got my first computer way back in 2002 I've made a few long lasting web friendships. I've been on forums that have come and gone and even ran one for a while.

I consider this forum and the people on it to be lifesavers for me. I joined up in I think May of 2007, when I got Vlad and I don't know how I could have survived without all of the wonderful words of encouragement and advice. I knew so little about raising a kitten even though I'd had two in high school. I just was clueless about everything!

What's great about this place is, the support doesn't just stop with the pets. There are good people here, people I wish the world had more of. I hope this place and the good friends I have made here are around for a long time. This is my place to talk, brag, rant and generally have a good time in regards to my pets and other personal issues. There is only so much cat talk my family and friends will listen to. This is the one place I know I can come to and talk incessantly about the most minute thing my cats are doing or may have done and I know there will be others who are understanding or just as excited as me.

I remember when Maks was up for Cat of the month one time on About.com. This was the only place I could come to and know my excitement would be shared and not get an eye roll. That to me is precious just like this place.:grouphug: