Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ATTN: Volunteers needed to help in a city-wide search in Toronto

vegan_girl
January 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
PENNY IS STILL MISSING.

We are going to attempt to organize a city wide search/internet push to find her on Saturday January 17th, and we'll need your help! Cause 4 Paws and I will be sending out a poster on Penny mid-week to all of the C4P email newsletter subscribers, which we will ask that you circulate as widely as possible on foot, and on the internet. If we could ask advocates to please forward forward forward, and post on social networking sites, to help us raise awareness about Penny. We also need volunteers for the search: foot soldiers needed ... Please contact Mitch Nadon c4p@medialintelligence.ca if you want to volunteer circulating posters next Saturday (the 17th). - the more volunteers we get walking these posters in to parks, police, ambulance stations, vet clinics, local coffee shops and restaurants, the more likely it is that the media will help us out and the better our chances of bringing our girl home! We have only had one sighting, unconfirmed that it's Penny, but close enough to keep up hope!...We have been doing everything possible to try to find her. We hope you'll join us.

Please email me if you would like to help and need the poster or more information. I have an email ready with Penny's story and photos so you can easily pass it onto everyone you know it the city.

Alana Cowl
vegan_girl88@hotmail.com

vegan_girl
January 11th, 2009, 07:56 PM
What we've done to find Penny so far:
Searched the area for over 150 hours
Hand-delivered 2000 flyers
Contacted every Veterinarian in Toronto
Contacted every Animal Shelter in Ontario
Checked and posted on every lost dog website, repeatedly
Got our story on 98.1fm
Hired a distribution company to deliver 15,000 flyers to our local area
Hired an animal communicator to see if she could provide any clues to her location
Offered a $1000 reward for her safe return
Offered and alternate reward - I will cook for whomever finds her once a week for a year (I am classically trained from George Brown and have cooked for TV's Iron Chef Morimoto in a competition)

Penny, 35lb Spayed Female, Hound Cross.
White dappled fur with large apricot patches.
Microchip: 982009105462418
Toronto: D08-111774
PetLynx: AA55279
Lost: December 7th 2pm in High Park on Dog Hill
Last Seen: December 7th 7pm crossing Bloor St. W. at High Park Ave. Was struck by a car, but continued to run
Possibly Seen: Stanley Park (Parkdale) with a man on Dec. 20th
Contact: Alana Cowl (416)762-2686 or (416)453-3232 or vegan_girl88@hotmail.com
Full Story and Photos: http://findpenny.blogspot.com

Shaykeija
January 12th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Penny's picture is in Sudbury's Lost and found. I hope you find her.

NoahGrey
January 12th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I know we don't want to think about it, but have you contacted the department who picks up deceased animals off the side of the road? Could it be that she has been hit by a car and possibly killed?

Hope you find her. Keep us posted.

ACO22

vegan_girl
January 13th, 2009, 12:31 AM
We are in contact with animal services and the microchip company, both of which will be notified if a body shows up and especially if the animal is microchipped. No bodies have been found.

shibadiva
January 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Vegan_Girl, what about a search in the Weston Road area where her last sighting was? St. Clair to Eglinton, Keele to Jane? If the sighting was accurate, Penny has travelled quite a way from Humberside and Indian Grove in the last 8 days.