Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat pee and miicofiber couch

Britt Desnoyers
January 11th, 2009, 07:14 AM
We just bought a microfiber couch a light tan colour (ultrasued) and last night our feral cat kept meowing at the back door to get out, but usually we just call her upstairs and she comes. Last night she must have been distressed or something because she peed (a lot) on the one side of the couch.

The cushion is NOT removable and we just cant get the smell out! Someone help! Its a new couch!

Winston
January 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM
You can get a product from the pet store to use as a cleaner. Make sure you read the bottle and it should say that it is an enzyme remover.

Maybe your kitty was distracted by another kitty outside? Is your kitty fixed?

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Yep, you need an enzymatic cleaner that is specifically formulated for urine. Most pet stores carry them. Since you can't remove the cushion, your best bet is to just saturate the area and let it air dry. Usually, you have to take a damp cloth to the surface after it dries to remove any residue--if you don't the area will get dirty faster than the rest of the couch (or in our case, carpet :rolleyes:).

Joeyjoejoe
January 11th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Others on this forum recommended Nature's Miracle. So when one of my cats peed on the bed (which soaked into the mattress), I got that product. It completely removed all of the smell!

Kirby's Mom
January 22nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
You could try to spray some febrese on the arena then let it sat it should take care of it always works when my dogs pee in the house try that it should do the trick.