Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

CALGARY LOST CAT 16th Ave & Centre St. NW

doreenmc03
January 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Lost approx. Jan 2/09. Name: KitKat

Grey striped tabby with white bib, belly, legs & cheeks. Male, 4 yrs. old - intact (not fixed). He has chubby cheeks, and will be larger than the picture (approx 12 lbs.) He is friendly and affectionate but may be wary of strangers. Got out by tearing a window screen. We are genuinely heart broken and are offering a REWARD with no questions asked! Please call 403-481-4082 or email Jodiemc30@yahoo.com.

You can also see him on a video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwnWss9c2bw which is a better quality picture of him.

:yell::cry::shrug:

NoahGrey
January 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Is your cat an indoor cat? If so, your cat has probably not gone far. Check sheds, under decks, talk to neighbours. I would leave out tuna or salmon. These foods have strong oders. I would also leave out something on your porch/deck, that has your smell on it. Also leave something outside that has his smell on it, like your cats litter.

Call the Humane Society and fill out a lost report. Also bring in a picture, so they can attach it to the lost report. I would go in and look in their stray rooms. I don't know if the Calgary SPCA handles animals control? but if not, someone may have picked up your cat brought it there.

If the city of Calgary handles Animal Control. I would contact them and do the same as the above with their shelter as well.

keep us posted.

ACO22

Ford Girl
January 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Call the Humane Society and fill out a lost report. If the city of Calgary handles Animal Control. I would contact them and do the same as the above with their shelter as well.

keep us posted.

ACO22

Call the MEOW Foundation too, they are a very good no kill shelter.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

sugarcatmom
January 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I live in this area, so I'll keep my eye out for your kitty. Are you on the north or south side of 16th Ave? Have you contacted any of the vet clinics nearby? There's the TransCanada Vet Clinic and the Calgary North Vet Hospital. Also a good idea would be to put up flyers if you haven't already. You might try walking around at night with a flashlight and shining it under cars and bushes looking for eye-shine. :fingerscr that you find KitKat soon!