Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animals that I encounter in Vancouver

Scuba
January 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
These pictures are not of my own pets (don't have any at the moment). They are just of animals (birds, cats and dogs + others) that I encounter. Some of them, I will have regular encounters with others will be an one off thing.

If I can, I will leave as much information as possible with the pictures.

Sunday (3rd Jan 2009)
First up is a cat that ran up to me when I was on the way to see my grandmother. She just ran out of a yard right up to me and started rubbing herself against my legs. I decided to give her a few pets, I thought she had beautiful colouring. She kept moving around so I only got a couple of pictures where she wasn't a blur. After a while, I realised that I had to go catch my bus so started to walk again, she followed me for a while keeping up with my walking pace very easily. It was only until we got to a bit of sidewalk where someone hadn't shoveled their front that she hesitated. She kept wanting to follow me but she would walk really gingerly on the ice. It was pretty funny to watch, she would take a step lift her paw and kind of shake it off. Since it was making her slow down, I kind of left her behind. In the end, I got quite far ahead of her and she just sat down on the sidewalk. Playing with her did make me miss the bus I wanted, I watched it pull away from the stop but luckily the next one came along fairly promptly.

Scuba
January 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
This next cat is Jerry, he is one of the cats that live at my grandma's nursing home. I couldn't find the other guy (sometimes they are sleeping or chilling out in one of the resident's room).

Jerry was MIA when I arrived, it was only when I was leaving that he showed up. In the pictures, he is napping on one of the printers in the reception counter. Jerry is a pretty easy going guy and just likes to lounge around. Most of the time I find him on a sofa or in his own bed.

As usual, I went up to give him a few scratches. The only thing that was different that day (from our usual encounters) was that he took exception to me stopping. He actually used his paws with claws out to grab my hand and pull it back on to himself (quite the demanding fellow). He also twisted around a few times to make sure that I didn't miss any spots.

Scuba
January 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Some more of Jerry. People leaving the parking lot in their cars should check their wheel wells and even the engine compartments ideally since Jerry has been known to take to those places for warmth and comfort (what a crazy cat).

Scuba
January 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Then I saw a parrot (maybe someone can tell me what kind?) in a tree outside.:D

I think I will mount a rescue operation when the conditions are better.

TeriM
January 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hehe, that looks like a pretty rare breed of parrot you've got there Scuba :D.

Pretty kitties :lovestruck:.

Frenchy
January 10th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I love that first kitty Scuba :cloud9: so cute and looks like she has such a good temperament :lovestruck:

good luck on the parrot rescue :D

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Geez, did the parrot leave a note before it hung itself? :eek: :o Sorry...madame hazel has a strange sense of humor sometimes. :rolleyes: :p

I love the looks of that first kitty, too--she's got beautifully colored fur! :cloud9: And such a friendly girl. :flirt:

rainbow
January 10th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Geez, did the parrot leave a note before it hung itself? :eek: :o Sorry...madame hazel has a strange sense of humor sometimes. :rolleyes: :p

LOL....that's what I was thinking too. :laughing:

And, I agree, the first kitty is absolutely gorgeous. :cloud9:

rainbow
January 10th, 2009, 12:37 AM

Oh, I didn't mean that I thought Madame Hazel had a strange sense of humour (since mine is even weirder).....I meant that the poor parrot looks like it is hanging by it's neck. :D

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2009, 12:45 AM
:laughing: Yer my kinda lady, rainbow! :p

rainbow
January 10th, 2009, 12:47 AM
:laughing: Yer my kinda lady, rainbow! :p

Who said anything about being a lady? :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Awww Purrdy first Kitty :cloud9: her colouring is looks abit like my mum's cat.

How great that the nursing home has resident cats :thumbs up they do so much to lift the spirits of the residence especially if they go & curl up & purr w/someone.

:laughing: Poor parrot - def needs rescuing :D

Scuba
January 10th, 2009, 03:08 AM

I love the looks of that first kitty, too--she's got beautifully colored fur! :cloud9: And such a friendly girl. :flirt:

And, I agree, the first kitty is absolutely gorgeous. :cloud9:

Actually the parrot is just sitting in a branch fork on the tree. The parrot is kind of straddling a big branch and there is a small branch that is in front of him/her. When I mount the rescue in a few days time, I will take some pictures.

Scuba
January 11th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Went to visit my grandma again. Didn't see that lovely cat from before, it was the first time that I met her, never seen her around the neighborhood.

Got to the nursing home and Jerry wasn't around the reception so I went upstair and lying right on the floor was Chester. He is the other resident cat. Chester likes to lounge around and sit on the stuffed chairs all day. He is pretty fluffy and really easy going.

Scuba
January 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
When it was time to leave, I found Jerry on the printer by the reception counter again today.

Scuba
January 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Then it was outside for the execution of the parrot rescue operation, Operation "Rescue Parrot". It was a lot trickier than I thought due to the tree being very mossy and slippery. But I managed in the end, I will post some other pictures once he/she has been rehabilitated.

Scuba
January 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
There was also sometime left in my afternoon and I popped into the Vancouver Animal Shelter to enquire about volunteering there. They are still revising their program and told me to check back in February.

I did go back to the kennel area and check out the dogs that were there. I said "hi" to each and everyone there. However the most fun that I had was with a guy named Astro. He was just so funny and cool, he had this ball with a squeaker and he kept running around with it going *squeak, squeak, sqeak*. Then he wanted to say "hi" to me and dropped the ball by accident into his water bucket. It looked like he was going to have a hard time getting it out but in the end he managed to bop for it like bopping for apples. That just about made my day. Such a handsome fellow.

This is a link to his profile on petfinder.com!
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12343031

TeriM
January 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
What a cutie :lovestruck:. I hope his happy attitude stays around until he finds his forever home :fingerscr.

Home the parrot rehab goes well :laughing:.

:offtopic:
Scuba, Riley decide to destroy his leash a few weeks back. I left it in the back of the car with him and then took Lucy somewhere and left him. He decided to amuse himself by chewing the leash into many pieces :yell:. Have you worked out the new process for your leashes? If so I might be interested in buying a few :).

Scuba
January 11th, 2009, 11:57 PM
What a cutie :lovestruck:. I hope his happy attitude stays around until he finds his forever home :fingerscr.

Home the parrot rehab goes well :laughing:.

:offtopic:
Scuba, Riley decide to destroy his leash a few weeks back. I left it in the back of the car with him and then took Lucy somewhere and left him. He decided to amuse himself by chewing the leash into many pieces :yell:. Have you worked out the new process for your leashes? If so I might be interested in buying a few :).

New process is to rivet the leashes, not sewing like before. Actually the new process has been in used for a little over four months now. This No.2 style leash has undergone further evolutions and is currently at the Mk.3 stage. I am thinking of getting an industrial sewing machine soon (a few weeks to two months time) so I will be sewing leashes again. But if you don't mind rivets (nickle plated brass with stainless steel washers) I would be more than happy to knock out another leash for you.

Which leash did Riley chew up this time? The six feet one or the tracker? Either one, if you could cut out the clasp (I ran out, in the process of trying to order some from Taiwan) and have Dougal leave it at work. I will pick it up at the customer service counter tomorrow or the day after.

growler~GateKeeper
January 12th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Awww Chester is adorable :lovestruck: the little white spot on his nose is the cutest!

Jerry's got himself a nice warm spot - smart :cat:

:eek: woah that parrot is HUGE! didn't realize how enormus it is from the 1st pics :laughing:

Astro :lovestruck: such a cutie! :fingerscr he gets a furever home soon

Scuba
February 1st, 2009, 11:09 PM
First up are some pictures of Chester.

Scuba
February 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Chester spent a long time sniffing my jeans and shoes (I guess he can smell the scent of the dogs from the SPCA?). I took a lot of pictures of him right next to me but since he kept moving around they were just a blur.

Some more pictures of him.

Scuba
February 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
I didn't see Jerry around when I first arrived. He wasn't sleeping on the printer when I was leaving either so I had to go and hunt him down.

His new favourite spot now I guess is the magazine basket.

growler~GateKeeper
February 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
Aww Chester making his rounds :cloud9:

Jerry's too cute in the basket :cloud9:

Scuba
February 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Swung by my grandma's tonight and caught Jerry in the same magazine basket like last time. Chester was MIA, couldn't find him anywhere.

Scuba
February 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Some more pictures of Jerry.

1) *Yeah, that is the spot* - He kept moving himself around so that I could scratch different spots for him
2) *OK, that is enough I am sleepy again*
3) I finally figured out why he isn't hanging out by reception now, there is a heater right under this table.

growler~GateKeeper
February 4th, 2009, 11:16 PM
:D cats do love their baskets :cloud9: Jerry's a smart one gets the table, the heater, the basket & a couple of scratches :cat:

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
:laughing: The secret of the heater is out! :D

He sure is cute in that basket! :cloud9: He sure is a pretty cat! :flirt:

TeriM
February 5th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Awwww, those are cute :lovestruck:. Cats sure do love to snuggle in baskets or boxes :).

Scuba
February 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I couldn't find Jerry anywhere today, no at his bed, the sofas or that magazine basket. Looked practically everywhere but just couldn't find the guy. I guess he found a new warm spot to sleep in.:shrug:

Chester was just wandering around in the corridors. When he saw me, he just ambled up and plodded down. I gave him some scratches, there were a lot more pictures but he just kept moving around. Plus a lot of the picture were over exposed. But here is a few.

growler~GateKeeper
February 9th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Dr Jerry musta been making his rounds :D

Scuba
February 11th, 2009, 10:03 PM
This was at my grandma's again.

This time I found Jerry right by the front entrance, under a sofa though. I guess he was waiting for someone to go leave so that he could slip outside.

Chester was upstairs just lounging around.

Scuba
February 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
When I was leaving, I couldn't find either of the cats so I took some pictures of the goldfish by the TV area. There are five of them. Two all orange and three red and white.

The pictures aren't very good, I forgot to turn off the flash. Also next time I will place the lens right up against the glass of the aquarium.

growler~GateKeeper
February 11th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Maybe Jerry was waiting for a lap to present itself :D

Do Jerry & Chester show any interest in the fish?

Scuba
February 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe Jerry was waiting for a lap to present itself :D

Do Jerry & Chester show any interest in the fish?

No, Jerry and Chester don't really do the lap thing. They have had bad experiences with some of the residents (a few of them have dementia). Nothing serious, just some spooked kitties and Chester got locked in a closet for half a day once.

Jerry was most definitely waiting for a chance to run outside, he does it in the summer all the time. But I am guessing today, as soon as he a chance to experience the chilly temperature he would have been clawing at the door to get back in. Just looks nice and sunny.

The kitties don't really show any particular interest in the aquarium. But I am not there 24/7 so maybe at night when everyone is sleeping the two of them will team up and try to catch the fishy?

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Poor Chester! Locked in a closet! :eek:

Jerry and Chester sure are cute kitties, though. And now I have this image of all the shenanigans they can get into during the wee hours of the night! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I guess with elderly residents it may be best they're not lap cats incase someone were to get scratched/clawed when a resident needs to get up & the cat is unwilling to move.

Fish TV :laughing:

Scuba
February 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I stopped by Our Community Bikes (OCB) to ask the expert opinion on a road bike that was given to me. Diagnosis was "No good!", so I am going to strip that bike for parts and then chop the frame for a stool.

Ella was there with her mom today and I had my camera on me! Woo Hoo, finally pictures of Ella. She was so funny, gave me *Paw* for the last of my treats. Then I gave her a few pets and scratches, when I started walking away she bit the cuff of my jeans. Such a demanding lady!

Sorry about the poor picture quality.

1) *whats that, is that treat?*
2) What a nice shiny coat.
3) *I'z cute.*

onster
February 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
She does have a nice shiny coat!!

What a pretty girl and a lucky you that you got to meet her :D:cloud9:

Too bad the bike was no good, but at least you get some parts out of it :thumbs up

Scuba
February 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
She does have a nice shiny coat!!

What a pretty girl and a lucky you that you got to meet her :D:cloud9:

Too bad the bike was no good, but at least you get some parts out of it :thumbs up

I don't get to volunteer at the bike co-op as much as I would like but I do stop by quite a lot since just happens to be on the way to a lot of places that I go to. So, often time I will just pop in to say hi to the staff. This isn't the first time I met Ella, just happened to be the first time I had my camera on me!:D

At first I thought Ella had stayed home whilst her mom was working. Turns out she was just hiding and chilling. After I asked after her, her mom called her out and said "Look who is here, your best friend.":lovestruck:.

I am not going to keep any of the parts for myself, I am going to donate it all to the OCB. Which is still good.

growler~GateKeeper
February 15th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Awww look at that sweet face :lovestruck: Ella's such a cutie :cloud9:

Scuba
February 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Otter - You wanted some spring pictures and story so here you go.

This is a pond at a park that I often go pass on my bicycle commutes.

1) Just some ducks, there are lots of them.
2) There is just a pair of Canada Geese left, there were about 40-50 of them. Don't know where they went.
3) Just the pair of geese chilling out with some ducks in the pond.

hazelrunpack
February 18th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Very cool, Scuba! :D You should post some of them in the "Post your Bird pics here 2009" thread. :thumbs up

Scuba
February 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Went to visit my grandma in the afternoon. Jerry was back to his new "usual" spot, the magazine basket.

1) "There you are!"
2) *Yeah, that is the spot* Purrrrrrrrrrr..........

Scuba
February 18th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Chester was just lounging in one of the side corridors. As soon as he saw me, he came up and started to brush himself against me.

Scuba
February 18th, 2009, 10:52 PM
The goldfish TV show that is on 24/7.

growler~GateKeeper
February 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Great pic of all the ducks! :)

Oh Jerry also has a great window view from that spot too :highfive:

Sounds like Chester was waiting for you, he know who gives good scritches :D

One could certainly watch fish all day very relaxing :thumbs up

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Visited my granny with some soup. Didn't see Jerry anywhere though. Chester just popped out of no where when I took my grandma for a walk.

He just wandered up to me and started rubbing himself against my legs. I noticed that he is shedding a lot. I might bring a brush in next time and have a go at him. Since he kept moving around, I didn't get a lot of pictures of him.

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 03:33 AM
After doing his rounds he lounged underneath the piano bench.

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Went to visit my grandma again. Just as I was locking up my bicycle, I saw Jerry outside under a blue pickup truck. I waited for him so that he could follow me back inside.

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Jerry looks like caramel swirl ice cream :cloud9:

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:22 PM
After he followed me back inside, he went straight to his food. You can see his bed too, which he hasn't been using lately.

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Then I went upstair to visit my granny, couldn't find Chester anywhere tonight though. Before and after, he was probably sleeping in somebody's room. Came back downstair and caught Jerry napping. (The brick wall is actually the back of the fireplace)

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Since Jerry was napping, I decided to go watch some Fish TV. First time that I realised that there is a pleco in there. He is between the red plastic plant and the blue ceramic shipwreck (right side of picture).

As I was checking out this fish, Jerry decided he wanted some attention.

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Some picture of all the other fishy.

Scuba
February 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Then when I left, Jerry decided to follow me outside. I hope that the he is OK since on my way home it started to rain.

growler~GateKeeper
February 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Hehe so the sneaky cat does manage to get out :D

Scuba
February 25th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Went to visit my grandma again to have dinner with her. Jerry was MIA when I arrived and Chester was no where to be found. I really wanted to take some better pictures of the Pleco in the fish tank, but that little guy/girl just won't cooperate. Hides in the ceramic shipwreck. But now that I know he/she is there, I will keep trying everytime I go.

Scuba
February 25th, 2009, 09:56 PM
By the time I left, there was still no sign of Chester at all. But I did find Jerry just as I was about to leave. This time he was hanging behind the television, real one not the fish TV.

1) Green laser eyes.
2) Trying to act cute to get scratches.
3) Trying harder!

Scuba
February 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Just enjoying his scratches, quite demanding actually. When I stopped, he gave me the stink eyes.:eek:

At least he didn't try to follow me outside tonight when I left, it was raining and snowing.

hazelrunpack
February 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Jerry is just too cute...and he has you well trained! :laughing: He really did look to be enjoying his scritchies... But I can't believe he gave you the stink eye! :eek: That little :angel: would never give anyone an :evil: glare... :p

Scuba
February 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Stopped by the bike co-op on my way home this afternoon to tinker with my commuter today. Who do I see, ELLA!:thumbs up

Turns out that her mom is currently on holiday, so the other staff members are looking after her. Everyone loves her.:lovestruck:

1) *Is that treats I see?*
2) Chilling out on a big blanket.

Scuba
February 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Ella just kind of relaxed here and there. Once in a while she would wander about in the shop. Sometimes she would stop by me, sit down and give me a sad face until I gave her a treat. Of course I also gave her cuddles and a few pats.:cloud9:

3) *I'z not in the wayz!*
4) *Hurry up with the picture already and treat me!*

hazelrunpack
February 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
She's a cutie, Scuba. :D

Scuba
March 1st, 2009, 10:03 PM
This was at my grandma's place. Bought a kitty zoom groom for Chester and Gerry (turns out his name is not Jerry). Couldn't find either of them anywhere when I first arrived. After my granny's supper, I went looking for Chester and just couldn't find him anywhere.

Went downstairs to try and look for Gerry. Found him hiding under some chairs. One of the staff was polishing the floor with one of those machines that you push around. So I guess Gerry was kind of nervous and didn't want to be exposed. I try to tempt him out with some scratches but it was no use. So in the end I didn't get to try out the zoom groom today.

1) Hiding under some chairs.
2) Hiding under another chair when the machine got wheeled around.
3) Still cautious, even though the machine was turned off and being put away.

Scuba
March 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
The fish TV had some remodeling done (got cleaned). The ceramic shipwreck pieces got moved around and the pleco had to chill out somewhere else now so I finally got some pictures. Unfortunately they aren't very good ones.

Scuba
March 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Since the fish TV was all nice and shiny now, I got some pictures of the goldfishes as well.

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Gerry and my Grace have a lot in common...they are distrustful of noisy floor machines. :D

That pleco is pretty amazing...great camouflage! Is a pleco one of those fish that clean the algae off the glass? :o

Scuba
March 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Gerry and my Grace have a lot in common...they are distrustful of noisy floor machines. :D

That pleco is pretty amazing...great camouflage! Is a pleco one of those fish that clean the algae off the glass? :o

Pleco is actually short for Plecostomus and yes, they are suckermouth fishes that will eat algae off the glass (actually any surface). There are many different types, not sure what he is.

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Smart kitties hiding from noisy machines :cat: :cat:

Scuba
March 4th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Visited my grandma again and when I arrived Gerry ran out the front door. There was still plenty of light out and he just wanted to go exploring.

Chester was no where to be found, but was seen wandering around by the staffs. Probably sleeping on/in someone's bed.

Then when it was time to leave, who do I see by the counter at the front entrance but Gerry. Since he was just lounging, I tried the zoom groom on him. I don't know if he enjoyed it or not but at least he tolerated it. The zoom groom does take out a lot of the loose hair. As I was trying to groom him, somebody left and Gerry tried to slip outside but he wasn't quite fast enough. Since it seems like that he had enough of the zoom groom already. I decided I would go home and opened the door for him on my way out. Gerry however changed his mind at the last moment and decided he wasn't going to go outside after all. Then he ran off to a sofa.

1) Gerry lounging and supervising the comings and goings of his domain.
2) *Whatz that?*
3) *Hey I want to go outside too!*

hazelrunpack
March 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
So cute, looking out the door! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
March 4th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Kitties do love door facing counters :D excellant spot to keep an eye on everyone :D

Scuba
March 7th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Went to visit my grandmother this afternoon and got some more pictures of Gerry to share. Didn't see him around when I arrived, only found him in his little magazine basket when I was leaving.

Chester was around, I did see him and he even came up to say hi by brushing himself against my legs. Unfortunately I was feeding some soup to my granny (leek and potato) and couldn't get either the zoom groom or camera out. Then after dinner I couldn't find Chester anywhere.:shrug:

Since I was able to locate Gerry tonight, I decided to try the zoom groom on him. It worked pretty well.

1) There you are!
2) Gerry checking out the zoom groom. *nom nom*
3) Passed the test and here it is in action.

Scuba
March 7th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I guess Gerry liked it, he was purring away like a little motor. The first time that he has purred for me. Even all the times that I have given him scratches, he has never purred once.

1) Some of the hair that was collected. There was a lot more.
2) Having a good stretch after the grooming.
3) Back to sleep.

Scuba
March 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I had some spare time so I swung by to visit my grandmother. I didn't see Gerry around anywhere today. Thought I was going to miss Chester too. But the big orange fluff ball turned up all by himself. Chester had good timing too, just after supper was done.

I wanted to try the zoom groom on him but turns out I had left it at home. He is still shedding a little but not as much as before. He kind of just wandered around checking everything out.

Scuba
March 10th, 2009, 10:52 PM
When it was done with all the residents and furniture in the room, he decided to see what was going on outside.

1) *No birdies outside today!*
2) *Whatz that?*

growler~GateKeeper
March 10th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Chester is a cutie :D

hazelrunpack
March 10th, 2009, 11:42 PM
That's pretty cool that Gerry purred while you were grooming him the other day. That's cuz he was lookin' forward to how spiffy he'd look afterward! :thumbs up

And Chester was extremely disappointed that he didn't get a chance to check out the zoom groom today when you were there. Gerry told him how great it was! :cat:

Scuba
March 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I had some spare time yesterday and decided to spent lunch time with my grandmother. Chester was MIA and I could not find him anywhere. Had the zoom groom with me as well.

At least I managed to find Gerry when I left in his new bed "the magazine basket". The staffs have even moved his water and food dish next to the basket!:laughing: His little purple bed is still at the candy nook by reception though, just in case (you know how cats are).

1) Sleeping
2) Turning in his sleep
3) *Who dares to disturb my afternoon nap!*

Scuba
March 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
His coat is not shedding like crazy now, just the few loose strands. I guess our last zoom groom session helped. Nice and sleek coat.

4) *Ah! Itz that stoopid hoomin who gives me scratches and brushes me with that chewy purple thing.*

Since I woke him up, it was only fair that I give him some scratches in compensation. He purred again, sounded like a little engine rumbling.

5) Back to sleep in another weird position after a good scratch session.

chico2
March 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Scuba,I just went through the whole thread,you are a very good grand-son to visit grandma so much:thumbs up
Love the fact they have resident kitties and a beautiful fish-tank.
When I had my tanks,my favorite was my Pleco,he was almost a foot long,when I had to dismantle the tank,I gave all my fish to the pet-store and actually cried leaving my Pleco there.
Jerry and Chester are beautiful,I bet they love when you visit:lovestruck:and you get to know a little more about how wonderful kitties can be.
I don't know if you ever had a cat,but you seem to know a lot about pups.
The pup at the bike-shop seems like a real character:lovestruck:

Scuba
March 15th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Chico2 - Never had my own kitty before, but I did live with quite a few of them before. Had different room mates who had cat/s. All kinds of kitties too. I like cats but I love dogs!:D

Ella the bike shop dog is really fun, got to watch out for her tail though.:laughing:

Scuba
March 15th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Since I was in my grandmother's neighborhood I decided to drop in and have dinner with her. When I arrived a staff member was feeding Gerry some chicken. He had just been outside too, his coat was damp to the touch.

Upstairs, Chester was no where to be found. Guess he was snoozing off his dinner in some resident's bed.

When it was time to leave, I couldn't find Gerry in his bed (magazine basket) so I took some pictures of the fishTV. They were having dinner as well, there is an automatic feeder.

Scuba
March 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM
It turns out Gerry slipped outside after his dinner. He just wanted to have a little walk after all that chicken.

1) Looking to his left.
2) Looking to his right.
3) Looking across the street at some ladies walking a dog.

Scuba
March 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
When it was time for me to go, Gerry decided he had to check out my back pack. Also saw my first Robin of the year!

1) *Hmmm...whatz thiz?*
2) *Anything I can eat?*
3) The first Robin that I saw this year.

hazelrunpack
March 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I saw my first robin of the year today, too, Scuba! :cloud9: No kitties, though... :sad: ...although the way the Pack reacted to the last kitty I saw around here, perhaps that's a good thing. :o

growler~GateKeeper
March 16th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Ah that Gerry is a clever one checking both ways before looking across the road :laughing:

I saw a couple of Robins last week :)

Scuba
March 29th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Since it was such a nice day and I had some time I visited my grandma for supper. It has been a while since I visited her so it was nice. Didn't see Chester or Gerry when I arrived. Only found them when it was time to leave.

Tracked Chester down and I had my camera but forgot the kitty zoom groom.:wall: He is still shedding quite a bit, I really want to brush him out, but every time that I bring the zoom groom I can't find him.:shrug:

1) Sleepy head
2) Waking up
3) Getting scratches

Scuba
March 29th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Gerry was not in his magazine basket, instead he has gone back to the printer at reception. I could tell he had been outside though. There was some dirt in his coat.

chico2
March 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Scuba,they are both very beautiful especially Chester,they seem to have a wonderful life with the seniors:lovestruck:
I hope if I ever end up in a seniors home,I'll have some animals to take care of:cat::dog:

growler~GateKeeper
March 31st, 2009, 12:06 AM
The little white spot on Chester's nose is so cute :cloud9:

Scuba
May 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
For the longest time I could not go and visit my grandmother, then I kept forgetting to bring my camera with me.

Some pictures of Gerry back in his basket. Chester was about but I did not manage to get pictures of him. Fish TV is doing great, but a gentleman was enjoying it and I did not want to disturb him by taking pictures.

1) Gerry watching the coming and going of the courtyard outside.
2) Quick groom.

Scuba
May 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Gerry is looking good and is no longer shedding hair like crazy.

3) *What u wantz?*
4) *Yes rightz there.*

Brandykins
May 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Aw, Scuba, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all your piccies of the cats, dogs and fish. Love the cats.

Good piccies:)

chico2
May 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Scuba,what a great kitty-life they have,Jerry is just sooo sweet,did the cats come from a shelter?

Scuba
May 23rd, 2009, 02:36 AM
Remembered to bring my camera with me today and got some new pictures. First up is Gerry.

Scuba
May 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Some pictures from the fish TV. The pictures of the pleco are not very good but he/she is right between the two pieces of the ceramic shipwreck. I like the way the goldfish are reflected in the glass.

Scuba
May 23rd, 2009, 02:41 AM
THE BIG SURPRISE FOR EVERYONE!

I found a picture of Gerry as a kitten hanging on a wall in one of the corridors a while ago when I was looking for Chester. Finally remembered to take some pictures today. Also Chester was MIA today.

TeriM
May 23rd, 2009, 02:46 AM
Awww, those baby pics of Gerry are adorable :lovestruck:.

growler~GateKeeper
May 23rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Aww kitten pics - so cute :cloud9:

Gerry sure likes when you drop by for a visit - lots of pets & scratches :cloud9:

chico2
May 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Scuba,so Gerry has been there his whole life??
What an adorable wee one he was,but even more so now,just a bit more dignified:lovestruck:
He looks a little dirty,but like my Vinnie(white)probably loves to roll in the dirt:yell:

Scuba
May 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Chico - I am not really sure where Chester and Gerry came from. Also Gerry loves to sneak outside A LOT. Often time I find dirt and other things in his fur, so it would appear that he does roll around on the ground outside whenever he can.

rainbow
May 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
I love the pic of you giving Gerry a scritch and the ones of Baby Gerry are adorable. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Gerry was such a cute spikey little guy! :flirt:

As for the fish...so are you telling us that it was actually a giganto-pleco that sank the titanic! :eek:

:laughing:

Scuba
June 3rd, 2009, 04:10 AM
Haven't been able to find Chester around lately. But Gerry was in his magazine basket.

1) Just woke up from nap.
2) Enjoying some scratches.

Scuba
June 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
After a good scratch session, Gerry got out of bed and did some stretching.

3) Surveying his domain.
4) All was well, so lunch time.

growler~GateKeeper
June 3rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Ah the life of a cat....nap, scritches, eat, nap some more :cloud9:

Scuba
June 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Finally found Chester today! He was taking a nap at one of the end corridors.

Scuba
June 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Gerry sleeping in.

chico2
June 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Aww good,I was worried beautiful Chester had gotten lost:thumbs up

Scuba
June 14th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Visited my granny and found Chester in an end corridor looking out the window.

1) Enjoying the view.
2) Wondering what else is going to come out of my bag.
3) Looking longingly at a care aide who was walking around with her lunch.

Scuba
June 14th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Then we spotted Gerry off on one of his adventures from the window.

1) Gerry going off on one of his adventures.
2) Chester back at the window. (Maybe it is cooler for him with the window open like that?)
3) Looking at the cars driving pass in the street.

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Chester is just beautiful,it seems to me,they have a great life....I am just a little worried about the traffic.Great pics!

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Chester's just enjoying the breeze :cloud9: & interesting smells that waft along with it :D

Scuba
June 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Went to visit my granny and just as I arrived, Gerry was heading out on one of his adventures.

1) Scanning around.
2) Marking his territory.
3) Checking out my knapsack, at one point he had his whole head in my bag!

Scuba
June 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Couldn't find the big boy Chester anywhere today. Took some pictures of the fish TV but they didn't turn out well. Just before I left, I found Gerry back in his magazine basket. Catching a nap after his outing.

growler~GateKeeper
June 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM
3) Checking out my knapsack, at one point he had his whole head in my bag!

:laughing: He was doing double duty as security guard :cat: making sure there were no dogs in the bag & checking for yummy treats at the same time :D

Scuba
September 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
It has been a while now since my last update. Just kept forgetting to bring my camera or if I did, I couldn't find the boys.

Here are some pictures of Chester from the other day. Poor guys has some pretty bad mats in his coat, what can I do?

Scuba
September 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Couldn't find Gerry around the last time I visited so I took some picture of the newly cleaned Fish TV.

Scuba
September 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Up close encounter of the stinky kind!:D

Dog Dancer
September 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Ewwww, but they are cute!

chico2
September 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Scuba,I wake up many nights for the wonderful aroma of skunks:laughing:they are living under my neighbors shed,I don't tell him,because then he'll do something cruel,like poisoning them and they are cute.

For the matts on Chester,you could try brushing them out,but it is usually too painful for the kitty.
When my cat had a few,I cut them(very carefully)with scissors and the then I brushed him,
If Chesters matts are really bad,he might need a groomer.

Scuba
September 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
DogDancer & Chico - I think skunks are really cute too.

First set of pictures are of Chester from a few days ago.

Scuba
September 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yesterday I couldn't find Chester, but I did manage to find Gerry napping. He is still at it in his magazine basket, but unfortunately he has lost his little table. The basket resides on the floor now.

Scuba
September 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Some pictures of the Pleco in the FishTV.

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Love the skunk shot, Scuba! :laughing:

Gerry doesn't seem to mind being on the floor much. :cat:

chico2
September 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Aww Scuba,I think you are becoming a kitty-luver:cat:
Chester and Gerry are awfully cute:lovestruck:
I loved my Pleco,mine grew from 2 inches to 6 in no time.

Scuba
September 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Had some pictures of Gerry from a few days ago.

1) Caught him napping.
2) "You woke me up, you better start with the scritches already!"

Scuba
September 26th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Some of Chester from today.

Scuba
September 26th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I am dog/house sitting for a lady on the weekend for now whilst she is out of town. Here is some pictures of Baby Beau. He is actually 11 years old now and not a baby anymore. Cute as a button though.

hazelrunpack
September 26th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Chester looks like he's inspecting the newly-mopped floor! :laughing:

Baby Beau is a sweetie-pie! :flirt: What does he think about having Uncle Scuba over while mom is gone? :D

Scuba
October 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hazel - Baby on the first night that I stayed over really acted out of sorts with mom away. He kept looking for her. But by the second night he was much better. I will see him over the weekend. I think he likes having me there!?:shrug: More likely he just sees me as his personal assistant. The first night I stayed over, I had to eat McDonalds and he got "Pork & Yam cooked in pork stock"!:rolleyes:

Scuba
October 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Next up are the boys from my grandma's.

1) Chester checking out my cycling shoes.
2) Chester looking around while I rub his chest (he loves it when I do that).
3) Gerry was awake and looking about, he just didn't want to leave his basket whilst there was still some sun.

Scuba
October 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
One more of Gerry and some of the fish TV.

Scuba
October 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Been pretty sick, over worked and tired hence the lack or updates. Here are some more pictures of Baby Beau.

1) Playing with "His Toy", he has lots of toys but the only one that he plays with is that teddy bear.
2) *What!? Can't I enjoy my toy in peace!*

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2009, 02:44 AM
That teddy bear is nearly as big as Baby is :cloud9: everydog needs a special toy :dog:

Scuba
November 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Here are more Baby pictures from the weekend.

On Halloween when people started to set off fireworks, Baby got pretty nervous. He stuck himself right by or between my feet all evening as I was reading. Great for keeping my feet warm though! Once everything died down, he was really good.

Scuba
November 4th, 2009, 12:53 AM
On Sunday it was an enforced day off for me so the two of us slept in (Baby snores!). After a hearty breakfast, it was time for a nice long walk.

rainbow
November 4th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Baby Beau is very cute ....certainly doesn't look 11 yr either. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
November 4th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Baby sure was finding something interesting to sniff out on his walk :dog:

chico2
November 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Scuba,I had to look back to read about Baby,I thought maybe you had adopted him,but that was not the case.
What a little sweet little boy,I am sure he's not to embarrassed being called Baby:laughing:

Ryan48
November 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
WOW, CHester reminds me of our Rikus that just passed. My heart is pounding. So pretty :)

RM

Scuba
November 10th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Went to visit my granny a few days ago, caught Gerry napping (he doesn't look comfortable at all!?).

Baby chilling out with his toy after a little snack in the evening.

Chico - I am just "Baby"sitting and house sitting on the weekends at the moment.

Scuba
November 10th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Saw these cuties today. First one outside of work and the black lab outside of MEC on Broadway.

1) The little guy was just hamming it up for everyone passing by! He is just so cute.

2) This sweet lab was just waiting patiently.

rainbow
November 10th, 2009, 03:32 AM
LOL, love the look on the pug's face. :D

Gerry looks comfy to me ....kitties like to curl up in little places. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2009, 03:46 AM
:laughing: Of course Gerry is comfy he's a cat if he ain't comfy he's gonna move :D

Aww the black lab :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 10th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I wish my lab was that calm. :rolleyes:

Scuba
November 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Here is a picture of Gerry waiting to go outside, he was kind of dancing around on the spot waiting for someone to open the outer doors. As soon as I opened them, he shot outside.

rainbow
November 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Gerry on the welcome mat ....he looks like the perfect door greeter. :lovestruck:

Scuba
November 13th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Rainbow - Not sure about the door greeter thing, Gerry acts a little too "cat" like for that.:D

First one is from last night, Gerry hiding under the chair watching the residents without realizing that his bottom is sticking out on the other side.:laughing:

Scuba
November 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Friday the 13th stuff.

More Gerry hanging out by the front entrance.

Scuba
November 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Finally managed to track down Chester today.

1) Chester watching a resident who is walking around for exercise.
2) Showing of his profile.
3) Enjoying a scratch under his chin, plus sniffing my trousers and shoes.

Scuba
November 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
This was what I saw as I was leaving.

Gerry looking like he is about to fall off the chair and the fishes having lunch.

chico2
November 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Scuba,I really love those 2 sweeties,they are so orangy and pretty,enjoying a good life,I'm sure:lovestruck:
Cats seem very smart,but often they think hiding their face,nobody can see them:laughing:

Scuba
November 24th, 2009, 08:10 PM
This is a dog I met once, one lady at work occasionally dogsits him. His name is Chico. She was kind enough to send me a picture of him.

hazelrunpack
November 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Chico's a cutie, Scuba! :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 24th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I second that :lovestruck: and not much bigger than a cat. :D

Scuba
November 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM
His coat is really soft, like baby hair.

Chico has a cool punky attitude as well.:cool: