Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My idiot neighbor !!!

joeysmama
January 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
The woman on the next block has (had:sad:) two small dogs. They're mixed breed, about 15-20 pound dogs. (She says they're shih tzu's but if your shih tzu has a snout and curly hair I think it's probably a poodle.:rolleyes:)

This is the same woman who once told me that Joey was gay because when the dogs were sniffing each other's bottoms she said that Joey deliberately turned around to allow her dog to sniff. He had turned around to head for home but whatever.....

In the fall I heard that one of her dogs had been hit by a car. She was complaining to everyone about the vet bills. He was hit early in the morning by the kid delivering newspapers.

A week or so later I was out walking about 6:30 in the morning and I see her open her front door, stand on her stoop and let the dogs out. The one ran across the street to the middle of someone's yard and pooped and then went home. She opened the door and let him back in. Obviously a part of their morning routine. Remember these are small dogs, not easily seen by someone coming around a corner and the house where the dog pooped was on the corner.

And the neighborhood is pretty busy at that hour. A lot of people leave early to commute to the city. High school kids leave their houses a little after 7:00 here. There are a number of newspaper deliveries by car in the morning. No wonder the dog was hit.

So last night Tom was out walking Cooper and he came home and told me that someone told him that her other dog was just hit by a Fed Ex truck and killed !!

I'm so mad at myself for not calling someone and reporting her as a bad pet owner before this. Her dogs are fed, taken to the vet etc. I can't sit outside her house with a video camera to show her letting them loose. So what can you do to try to keep this idiot from putting her remaining dog--who has already been hit once--from being hit again !!

Seriously I want to call her and ask her if she plans to keep this dog safe and if not then let me have it.

chico2
January 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Why not go over to her and tell her how you feel,try to be civil,even though you don't feel very civil.
Something like this can really tear at you,better get it off your chest,she's no friend of yours anyway,right??
Maybe also tell her about the poop and scoop law(we have one)...
Poor puppies:sad:

MommaKat
January 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM
What is your areas leash laws? In the majority of places People are not suppose to let their dogs run around willy nilly and pooping in neighbors yards or getting hit by cars . That alone should get someones attention from Animal control. Two accidents and this lady is still not getting the hint :sad: ? She should have a fence for her dogs or at the very least a tie out for potty breaks :frustrated:

Some leash laws (I believe) are stricter than others. It might be worth checking what the laws are for your area.

joeysmama
January 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Thank you Chico and Mommakat ! I never thought about the law being on my side. Leash laws and poop and scoop both. I'm so irritated I was ranting without thinking.

I'm going to call the township tomorrow. I also feel badly for the drivers who hit her dogs. That must be an awful thing to live with, especially if they tried to avoid them and couldn't.

And the :evil: in me wants to tell the people across the street from her that she's the one letting the dog poop in their yard. I'm not the type to stroll up to them since I don't know them but I do know which neighbors run at the mouth and I'll be sure to tell THEM !! LOL

Frenchy
January 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
If the city doesn't take your complaint seriously , you can also point out that this can cause someone to have an accident , while the dog in on the street.

I bet her front neighbors just looooves finding poop on their front lawn :wall:

joeysmama
January 8th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah--the woman with the poop in her yard has cancer. How's that for being a nice neighbor? You're life's in the dumper? Well now you can step in dog poop when you go for your mail. :wall:

Frenchy
January 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah--the woman with the poop in her yard has cancer. How's that for being a nice neighbor? You're life's in the dumper? Well now you can step in dog poop when you go for your mail. :wall:

you know her ? Can you ask her to place a complaint too ? The more the better :thumbs up

Maybe you should tell the :loser: that her neighbor has cancer and doesn't have the energy to pick up HER DOG'S POOP :yell:

Luvmypitgirls
January 8th, 2009, 11:56 PM
You could also leave an anonymous letter in her mailbox, explaining many of her neighbors are upset that her dog had to die in such a horrible manner, that it was preventable and while you are sure she loved her dogs, her actions played a big part in the death of an innocent animal.
Warn her that people are prepared to call (whatever local animal authority is in your area), if she continues to let her remaining dog run loose, and remind her that allowing her dog to defecate on other people's property without cleaning it up is both disrespectful and can be punished by fines.

I understand your frustration, I have a neighbor with a German shepard, who allows his dog to run loose when he is doing his yard work.
He defecates on my lawn, and more often than not I am the one left picking it up. His dog runs out on the road and we live on a blind curve, I know one day this dog is going to get hit.
The dog is isolated in the backyard and kept in the garage, other than going on the occassional camping and hunting trip I have never seen this dog walked.

This dog has bitten two children, while this guy had his back turned, yet he still allows the dog to roam around while he works on his yard.

His dog defecated on the lawn two houses up from him, (on their side yard, which faces my yard), I had moments before walked past with one of my dogs to go check my mailbox. Because they discovered it while it was still fresh, they assumed it was my dog, since I had just passed by moments before. They were yelling and screaming at me about what an irresponsible dog owner I was and so on and so forth.They even went so far as to say that "People don't like people with Pitbulls because we let our dogs do whatever they want, no wonder everyone wants them dead and banned" :rolleyes:
When they finished ranting and demanding that I go pick up the crap, I told them that while I could appreciate their anger and frustration, I was not going to pick up the crap for the crap did not infact come from my dog. I pointed to the house across the street, and told them to take it up with them. I told them I seen the GS crap on their lawn I even told his owner, "hey your dog just pooped on their lawn", to which he replied he would pick up when he was finished doing what he was doing. I received no apology from the folks that came pounding on my door, they still think it was my dog and whenever I walk by to check my mail, they go from window to window watching me and my dogs.

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
The fact that she already had one dog hit because of her irresponsibility, and then she keeps doing the same thing tells me this woman is a total :censored:

I agree with the others. Report her, she's breaking the law. That's at least one way to try and keep the one still living dog alive. She sounds like my :censored: downstairs neighbor, who wanted to poison Czari. She's not supposed to let her dog out off leash AND she's supposed to pick up after it. She doesn't. She gets fined by the management office and pays the fine and keeps doing the same thing. People like that are just :censored:

Luvmypitgirls
January 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM
The fact that she already had one dog hit because of her irresponsibility, and then she keeps doing the same thing tells me this woman is a total :censored:

I agree with the others. Report her, she's breaking the law. That's at least one way to try and keep the one still living dog alive. She sounds like my :censored: downstairs neighbor, who wanted to poison Czari. She's not supposed to let her dog out off leash AND she's supposed to pick up after it. She doesn't. She gets fined by the management office and pays the fine and keeps doing the same thing. People like that are just :censored:

How many times has she been fined?
Must be nice to have the money to throw away on being irresponsible eh?
Why did she want to poison Czari?
This woman sounds like she needs her a$$ kicked.

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
How many times has she been fined?
Must be nice to have the money to throw away on being irresponsible eh?
Why did she want to poison Czari?
This woman sounds like she needs her a$$ kicked.

Miguel, the maintenance guy says she's been fined at least 5 times. She's a retired nurse, and apparently is also living off a dead husbands pension or something.

Why did she want to poison Czari? Because she's a :censored: She blamed Czari for the fact some rats were nesting in her sofa. She was always complaining the food I left out for Czari was the cause of the rats. Like, excuse me, um maybe your just a pig lady. That woman needs a serious a$$ kicking. I don't even look at her when she's outside.

Luvmypitgirls
January 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Miguel, the maintenance guy says she's been fined at least 5 times. She's a retired nurse, and apparently is also living off a dead husbands pension or something.

Why did she want to poison Czari? Because she's a :censored: She blamed Czari for the fact some rats were nesting in her sofa. She was always complaining the food I left out for Czari was the cause of the rats. Like, excuse me, um maybe your just a pig lady. That woman needs a serious a$$ kicking. I don't even look at her when she's outside.

Wow, she sounds like a complete total :loser:, don't blame you for avoiding her. Don't let your guard down with Czari, anyone that wants to poison an animal is unstable.
Hopefully the maintenance guy, will stay on top of things and make sure she receives fines every time she fails to pick up after her dog.
How can someone that has a dog, even think of poisoning someone else's dog? I just can't wrap my brain around that, omg she is a :censored: :censored: :censored:

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
How can someone that has a dog, even think of poisoning someone else's dog? I just can't wrap my brain around that, omg she is a :censored: :censored: :censored:

Czari is my cat who used to be a stray outside. Sadly, many people see cats as pests and don't even think they deserve any treatment other than cruel.

Mat&Murph
January 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I just can't believe That the women would just let her dogs outside and not even watch them!! Poor baby. No wonder he was hit. The whole story just breaks my heart

mastifflover
January 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
How awful for the innocent dog(s). This woman needs to be reported and leave a letter also. She does not deserve to have the love of these dogs if she cannot even care for their safety. I know this is a generalization but why do so many small dog owners feel they do not have to clean up after their dogs? I see it all the time and usually say something and most just ignore me or are rude. Repeat that is a generalization so don't get mad at me all the small dog owners here. Mostly everyone here are responsible pet owners.

JennieV
January 9th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I am sorry, but I dont have anything nice to say about that woman/situation.

I constantly get comments on my street that I don't pick up after my dog. So what I do is I carry the bag around with me, so people that wanna say something can see for themselves. I have a neighbour that watches me from his windows...And while I understand his frustration with dog poop on the lawn where his children play - IT IS NOT MY DOG who leaves it there! It is soooo frustrating to me to have to constantly defend myself, while we have at least 2 irresponsible dog owners around our neighbourhood that do not clean up after their doggies.
:sad:

We unfortunately live in a far from perfect world. It is not just, it is not fair and it is not very humane. i wish it was different but its not.
And its sad.:sad:

But I do what I can...I educate whom and where I can, and hope that the messages I send get through. One person at a time!

joeysmama
January 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I called the town and they said that there is a pooper scooper law in town and probably a leash law but she wasn't sure about the leash law. I wanted to call from home so I wasn't talking in front of people so it was afternoon before I was able to call. I should have called before i left the house. The woman I talked to said that I should definitely report it to Animal Control. If there's no one there in the morning I'll try again on Monday. But I'm definitely reporting her !!

They said I could probably do it without giving my name. That would be good because I don't want her to retaliate and try to make trouble for Cooper. Although he is ALWAYS leashed and we ALWAYS pick up after him. In fact we drop a paper towel under his butt when he squats so the poop never even touches the grass. :laughing: (It's great--you just grab the corners of the paper and toss it in the bag. Wouldn't work for those big guys though !)

I want to hear if she's heard anything from the neighbors on that side of the neighborhood. I can't be the only one who's mad at her !!

Frenchy
January 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM
But I'm definitely reporting her !!

good for you :thumbs up

They said I could probably do it without giving my name.

I really don't see why they would need your name. :fingerscr

joeysmama
January 9th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I don't think they would need it either. The woman at the municipal office sid that if I report it they will definitely send someone out to her house.

Tom was walking Cooper earlier and he was talking to a guy up the street who was controlling his dog and he said "We don't need any more dogs getting hurt around here. Did you hear what happened to Oreo? He got hit by the newspaper guy."

And Tom said, "No that was Dusty. Oreo got hit by the Fed Ex truck."

Well this guy uttered a few not so nice words about someone who would let a second dog get hit and then told Tom that they've run out in front of him a few times too. :frustrated:

Frenchy
January 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Well this guy uttered a few not so nice words about someone who would let a second dog get hit and then told Tom that they've run out in front of him a few times too. :frustrated:

Get this guy to complain too ! :thumbs up

joeysmama
January 9th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Good idea !! I'm going to see how many neighbors are willing to say something.

Frenchy
January 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM

The more people you get , the more the city will have to do something about it. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
January 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I hope you can do something about this clueless and totally careless woman.

Luvmypitgirls
January 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Czari is my cat who used to be a stray outside. Sadly, many people see cats as pests and don't even think they deserve any treatment other than cruel.

Oh sorry I misunderstood I thought Czari was a dog, my apology. Still how could she think of hurting someone else's pet, being pet owner herself. Sick.
I don't understand those that think cats are pests, just seems silly to me.

ancientgirl
January 12th, 2009, 12:40 PM
People are silly, and worse sometimes. I don't get it either. I don't know how many years exactly Czari was outside, but to me we should help strays as much as our own pets. After all, it's the irresponsibility of people that put them in that position on the first place and it isn't the fault of the animal it's a stray.

chico2
January 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
The only pests on this earth are people,not the animals trying to survive.:evil:

ancientgirl
January 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Amen Chico!

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM

:highfive: Strength in numbers.

So sad about the dogs, though :sad: I can't believe this woman didn't learn, or better yet, think it through and change her routine before Oreo got hit.